nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

There are no RPT logs for performance, but I think TFR has nothing to do server side. The Only thing in server is a key... I can send you my local rpts if that will help.

Are you saying that the pbo's aren't on the server just keys for it? The server needs the whole mod on it

Unfortunately not. And its a show stopper coz Ops get too hectic w/o radio. And TFAR was only radio we managed to get working until the update. Server installation is good - everything is up to date. For a moment I started thinking its VAS fault, but its not. If someone come up with a fix or workaround I'd appreciate it.

Have you checked cache for arma SERVER? It looks like some problem with scripts at server side after update in rear cases.

What can we do to avoid the bug that sometimes the freqenzy changes in multiplayer matches?

This bug is totally random, sometimes i have it, sometimes someone other in our squad has this bug. Every few minutes this person have to setup his freqenzy again??

Thanks for help! Its only happend on the smal devices.

@clawHammer, have you ensured it is not the duplicated ID known error? It will help us to focus our scope on the bug. If you could pass along the RPT file when this happens it could help us to discovering what is the cause.

Have you checked cache for arma SERVER? It looks like some problem with scripts at server side after update in rear cases.

what are the classes for SW radios? I'm thinking about placeing separate boxes filled with sw radios... Btw how can I check the server arma cache?

Fantastic mod, we love it.

Any way to allow a non-corporeal Zeus to communicate over long range radios? Would be fantastic to simulate a "High Command" passing down detailed orders to a company or squad.

Thank you!

This function with Zeus is a must! :D

FYI as a workaround you can give Zeus power to a Unit.

The other option is to set zeus as a virtual entities and int he Zeus module change the Force interface.

So Zeus will be a like ghost / Civilian and TFAR will assign the Bluefor radio.

Are you saying that the pbo's aren't on the server just keys for it? The server needs the whole mod on it

Its has the mod, but I'm not sure it has smth to do with the problem...

@clawHammer, have you ensured it is not the duplicated ID known error? It will help us to focus our scope on the bug. If you could pass along the RPT file when this happens it could help us to discovering what is the cause.

I will send you the rpt file, but this problem is very random.

What is the duplicated ID known error? How can i ensure that this is not the mistake and how to fix that?

Thanks!

The known duplicated ID issue, is when 2 players end up with (to the mod) the same exact radio. It's hard to tell if this has happened without actually checking if players have the same ID (the ID is a part of the radio name, so that's how you know which ID you have). It would cause issues if one person changes their radio frequency, channel, etc. it will be replicated on the other player's side as well.

It's possible to avoid this by ensuring that you get new radios from crates, using VAS and passing on radios from there usually results in duplicated radios (unless you take care to take a new Radio and not simply loading a loadout).

So yeah, TFR used to work perfectly fine, however about a month ago it started acting up. The game runs fine, I hear other people talking on the radios, they can hear my character talking and I can hear theirs, but the second I press my radio button to transmit something, my game crashes, the people on teamspeak can't hear me and I have to restart both programs. Sometimes an error message pops up "Steam Ticket Check Failed", other times it doesn't. Just want to know if it happens to anyone else and if there's a fix, it's getting annoying as hell.

So yeah, TFR used to work perfectly fine, however about a month ago it started acting up. The game runs fine, I hear other people talking on the radios, they can hear my character talking and I can hear theirs, but the second I press my radio button to transmit something, my game crashes, the people on teamspeak can't hear me and I have to restart both programs. Sometimes an error message pops up "Steam Ticket Check Failed", other times it doesn't. Just want to know if it happens to anyone else and if there's a fix, it's getting annoying as hell.

Hello.

After crash TS shows location of dump file. Could you please send them to me?

The known duplicated ID issue, is when 2 players end up with (to the mod) the same exact radio. It's hard to tell if this has happened without actually checking if players have the same ID (the ID is a part of the radio name, so that's how you know which ID you have). It would cause issues if one person changes their radio frequency, channel, etc. it will be replicated on the other player's side as well.

It's possible to avoid this by ensuring that you get new radios from crates, using VAS and passing on radios from there usually results in duplicated radios (unless you take care to take a new Radio and not simply loading a loadout).

Thank you for this information. Where can i find the small radio in the VAS box? I just find the big ones. Or do i have to change someting in the VAS config?

If you take a ItemRadio or Radio (it is under items) it will automatically convert it to the correct radio for your side.

We've removed old cba and tfar from server, downloaded one from the website just now and installed it back. Did the same clientside, but it does not work for anyone... It does not change vanilla radio into tfar one and thats it. Nothing different in rpt logs aswell. Checked it with different mission versions (ones that definitely worked before the update) - nada. I'm out of ideas...

We've removed old cba and tfar from server, downloaded one from the website just now and installed it back. Did the same clientside, but it does not work for anyone... It does not change vanilla radio into tfar one and thats it. Nothing different in rpt logs aswell. Checked it with different mission versions (ones that definitely worked before the update) - nada. I'm out of ideas...

Are you sure mod is enabled on server? (maybe some problems with userconfig)

nkey, we tripple checked it. Everything is as it should be, but it doesn't work. TFAR works in general, but if you wanna take it from vas - it does not change it to 152 in any way. Trying different mission. gonna try different server, but imho its tfar...

btw if you want - you can see yourself: filter Warthog in host and coop in type.

Edited by nsnipe

nkey, we tripple checked it. Everything is as it should be, but it doesn't work. TFAR works in general, but if you wanna take it from vas - it does not change it to 152 in any way. Trying different mission. gonna try different server, but imho its tfar...

btw if you want - you can see yourself: filter Warthog in host and coop in type.

Please recheck server RTP logs once more...

well I did a run throught almost 100K lines in log and only thing that has smth to do with TFAR are these errors:

Error in expression <

} else {

missionNamespace setVariable [_variableName, nil];

};

};

} forEach all>

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error position: <_variableName, nil];

};

};

} forEach all>

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error Undefined variable in expression: _variablename

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 File task_force_radio\server.sqf, line 146

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error in expression <") then {

missionNamespace setVariable [_variableName, time];

} else {

if (time >

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error position: <_variableName, time];

} else {

if (time >

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 File task_force_radio\server.sqf, line 136

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error in expression <st_check = missionNamespace getVariable _variableName;

if (isNil "_last_check")>

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error position: <_variableName;

if (isNil "_last_check")>

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 File task_force_radio\server.sqf, line 133

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error in expression <request = missionNamespace getVariable (_variableName);

if !(isNil "_radio_reque>

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 Error position: <_variableName);

if !(isNil "_radio_reque>

2014/04/15, 17:06:39 File task_force_radio\server.sqf, line 85

If you don't mind, what is the modline used for the server?

== c:\servers\a3sf\exec_a3sf.exe

== -ip=192.223.24.31 -port=2302 -name=server -config=cfg\server.cfg -cfg=cfg\basic.cfg -profiles=cfg -mod=@CBA_A3;@task_force_radio;@JSRS21;@VTS_Weaponresting;@Blastcore_A3;

It would appear that this issue is similar to https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/issues/513 could you perhaps try to verify Game Cache for the server? I will look at the code in the specified area to see what could be causing it if it isn't due to some corrupt data file but I will only be able to do so in a couple hours.

If you could suggest how I could check the servers game cache I'd gladly do it...

If you could suggest how I could check the servers game cache I'd gladly do it...

Are you installed server via Steam?

idk... Guys who run it took a brake and I'm trying to sort it out until tomorrow's OP. I guess it was done by server provider so it unclear for me...