nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

@CaptainGalaxy I have noticed this issue with BTC revive as a respawn script. I believe it repsawns you as downed, making you a new player as such allowing you to communicate. We have stopped using this mod for this sole reason. Try contacting those who made BTC revive as its nothing to do with TFR, as TFR works fine with other respawn mods/scripts, not allowing contact outside of local proximity chat such like crying for help.

Hardcore mode doesn't seem to work with BTC Revive (players can still hear unconscious players). Is there a way to fix this? Thanks!

The problem is actually the revive systems...... BTC does not let you unconscious what it does is kill you and then respawn in your back.

I would suggest you to use a wounded system instead and when you are dead it will use the arma 3 default respawn option...

EDIT: I'm using the Wounded system by Psycho and it works fine.

I tried BTC and VTS and both does not work correctly with TFAR.

Edited by theNaCH

i got a error message when i logged onto my groups server its says"LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1". I haven't been able to find what the issue is, and the message persists despite unistalling and reinstalling, and downloading the mod directly from your website.

I have had this issue before, I think it is a problem with your team speak, make sure your plugin is activated properly, there was an issue with the TS update previously the plugin has now been hot-fixed to support the new TS (v3.0.14). Make sure your TS client is up to date and is not on an older version.

I have had this issue before, I think it is a problem with your team speak, make sure your plugin is activated properly, there was an issue with the TS update previously the plugin has now been hot-fixed to support the new TS (v3.0.14). Make sure your TS client is up to date and is not on an older version.

ok i fixed it, you have to take all other mods off and reinstall TFR, so far has fixed it other than im getting a pipe error 230

The problem is actually the revive systems...... BTC does not let you unconscious what it does is kill you and then respawn in your back.

I would suggest you to use a wounded system instead and when you are dead it will use the arma 3 default respawn option...

Yeah I figured out that it was a BTC related issue. I was going to switch to one of those wounding systems anyway. I will definitely try Psycho's system, thanks!

Hi I am the friend Mihikle was talking about.

My problem is that TFR works fine for just talking normal but when I press CAPS or CAPS + CTRL to use short range or long range radios it works once and people can hear me. But then immediately after that my blue light to indicate I'm talking in teamspeak stays lit but no one can hear me talking by any different means no matter which buttons I press but I can hear them perfectly in voice and radios.

I then close teamspeak and try to load it up again but it then freezes and comes up with '(teamspeak is not responding)' and pretty much forces me to do a full laptop reset.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

My laptop:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Intel i73630 QM CPU 2.40Ghz

4GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7970M

Realtek HD Audio

Kingston 90GB SSD

Has anyone had the problem with static / crackling voices when plugin is loaded in teamspeak, but without the game running?

If I have output device set to my headset JABRA PRO 930, I get the distorted voices, but if I switch to onboard sound for output, I hear voices fine.

i got a error message when i logged onto my groups server its says"LOOKS LIKE TASK FORCE RADIO ADDON NOT ENABLED OR VERSION LESS THAN 0.8.1". I haven't been able to find what the issue is, and the message persists despite unistalling and reinstalling, and downloading the mod directly from your website.

But radio works correctly?

---------- Post added at 07:30 ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 ----------

EDIT: I'm using the Wounded system by Psycho and it works fine.

I tried BTC and VTS and both does not work correctly with TFAR.

Also, check for "serious mode" in documentation - possible it will make game with BTC easier.

---------- Post added at 07:32 ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 ----------

Hi I am the friend Mihikle was talking about.

My problem is that TFR works fine for just talking normal but when I press CAPS or CAPS + CTRL to use short range or long range radios it works once and people can hear me. But then immediately after that my blue light to indicate I'm talking in teamspeak stays lit but no one can hear me talking by any different means no matter which buttons I press but I can hear them perfectly in voice and radios.

I then close teamspeak and try to load it up again but it then freezes and comes up with '(teamspeak is not responding)' and pretty much forces me to do a full laptop reset.

Any help with this would be much appreciated.

My laptop:

Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)

Intel i73630 QM CPU 2.40Ghz

4GB RAM

AMD Radeon HD 7970M

Realtek HD Audio

Kingston 90GB SSD

Are you use voice activation?

---------- Post added at 07:33 ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 ----------

Has anyone had the problem with static / crackling voices when plugin is loaded in teamspeak, but without the game running?

If I have output device set to my headset JABRA PRO 930, I get the distorted voices, but if I switch to onboard sound for output, I hear voices fine.

I hope it will fixed in next version.

Also, check for "serious mode" in documentation - possible it will make game with BTC easier.

Yup we are using "serious" mode but still when you are dead with VTS or BTC revive does not work correctly.

The only one that works correctly is when you respawn. But if you Body still there you will hear then talking

We are using wounded system by Psycho, and with that work correctly and actually it was for the best because the wounded system actually calculate hit points.

So it's possible to mute player who are unconsiouns now? I thougth that would come in the next update of TFAR?

So it's possible to mute player who are unconsiouns now? I thougth that would come in the next update of TFAR?

That was always available in the "serious mode".

It's all very well explained in the home page.

That was always available in the "serious mode".

It's all very well explained in the home page.

Im not talking about dead player or respawned players, I mean unconsious as in with a revive script (a player has been downed but is not dead), and it also dosent say anything about that on the home page.

Serious mode — designed for games, where players act against other players. To enable it, you need to create a TeamSpeak channel called TaskForceRadio (password – 123). Players must enable the radio plugin, go to the server and plan the mission joining parties’ channels. At the start of the mission in a few seconds players will be directed to TaskForceRadio channel. In this case, players will hear only live players with the enabled plugin playing on the same server. Dead players, in turn, can communicate with each other. In case of a dead player respawn - he will hear only live players again. After the game ends, the players are transferred to the channel used for planning before the mission start.

Found a very special issue today. If you name your ammobox "Items" TFR won't work and give out a script error! Was a little bit hard to figgure out, why it wasn't working... ^^

Are the diver's radio still work? In two separate missions we tried using it but heard only muffled sound.

Im not talking about dead player or respawned players, I mean unconsious as in with a revive script (a player has been downed but is not dead), and it also dosent say anything about that on the home page.

Serious mode — designed for games, where players act against other players. To enable it, you need to create a TeamSpeak channel called TaskForceRadio (password – 123). Players must enable the radio plugin, go to the server and plan the mission joining parties’ channels. At the start of the mission in a few seconds players will be directed to TaskForceRadio channel. In this case, players will hear only live players with the enabled plugin playing on the same server. Dead players, in turn, can communicate with each other. In case of a dead player respawn - he will hear only live players again. After the game ends, the players are transferred to the channel used for planning before the mission start.

I thought you were talking about TFAR. Sorry.

In the A3 Wounded system it works.

Yep, API for this scheduled for next version.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Found a very special issue today. If you name your ammobox "Items" TFR won't work and give out a script error! Was a little bit hard to figgure out, why it wasn't working... ^^

Could you provide more details please?

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Are the diver's radio still work? In two separate missions we tried using it but heard only muffled sound.

Yes, works. How do you use it?

Are you planning any sort of special integration into Zeus?

Some friends and I have been playing with that a bunch while using TFR, which has been great fun. It would be fantastic however, if there was a way to somehow give zeus his own special functions.

My ideal wish would be to still be able to hear and talk to all the players as Zeus, as it is currently (just as if you were dead or spectator), but ALSO be able to talk 'through' a unit's radio. I.E. if I wanted to have a commander giving orders to the player squad lead through the long range radio, open 'Zeus's' long range radio, select the commander to talk through, (maybe while zeus remote controlling only?) and use the long range radio as if that unit was using it (and not have it duplicated to all the players through the normal chat).

This would be amazing, a huge boost to the roleplaying possibilities of Zeus and TFR, not sure how hard the implementation would be though.

Some friends and I have been playing with that a bunch while using TFR, which has been great fun. It would be fantastic however, if there was a way to somehow give zeus his own special functions.

My ideal wish would be to still be able to hear and talk to all the players as Zeus, as it is currently (just as if you were dead or spectator), but ALSO be able to talk 'through' a unit's radio. I.E. if I wanted to have a commander giving orders to the player squad lead through the long range radio, open 'Zeus's' long range radio, select the commander to talk through, (maybe while zeus remote controlling only?) and use the long range radio as if that unit was using it (and not have it duplicated to all the players through the normal chat).

This would be amazing, a huge boost to the roleplaying possibilities of Zeus and TFR, not sure how hard the implementation would be though.

Interesting idea, need to think here.

That is easy right? The 'Zeus dude' simple disables the radio plugin. Voila! :)

Hardly a helpful solution, one of the reasons I use TFR and acre is so I can have those little conversations during missions that bring an extra layer of immersion. Disabling the plugin while people are having those conversations will be followed by a swift headache.

nkey, are you planning on adding some squad-level radios like the 343 in ACRE?

From what I have seen, squad-level radios are in the dev version.

That is easy right? The 'Zeus dude' simple disables the radio plugin. Voila! :)

I'm not sure how this relates, all this would do is just mute Zeus right? That or just keep it same as he is now, which is as a spectator who is able to hear and talk to everyone.

I was more asking about giving zeus the ability to talk out of any radio, and have his voice only come through out of that radio, just as if he was talking through a selected unit's radio (potentially with all the range and interference limitations).

I'm not sure how this relates, all this would do is just mute Zeus right? That or just keep it same as he is now, which is as a spectator who is able to hear and talk to everyone.

I was more asking about giving zeus the ability to talk out of any radio, and have his voice only come through out of that radio, just as if he was talking through a selected unit's radio (potentially with all the range and interference limitations).

I realize that, but teamspeak itself is quite helpfull in that in my opinion. By making the Dungeon Master play without plugin he holds freespeak and no limitation to talk. Teamspeak itself can make you select the players you want to talk to or listen. I realize its not a 100% score, but i gues waiting for the functionality is neither :) So a night of macro writing can give you the 'solution' quite fast.

Edited by spirit6

Oh, that kinda works like that right now. You don't need to disable anything, it acts just like he's a spectator and can talk to and hear anyone. I didn't know you can have teamspeak talk to certain players only, if you're all in the same channel, how does that work?

Edited by Soulis6