nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hey,

cool mod. But we discover a very annoying error. Nobody starts with a short range radio.

When you join the server it says: No task force radio is deployed on the server!

I uploaded the mods to the server!

Its strange, because the radios work...but only if you grab them through the ammobox if you had safed a gear loadout with it before!

Hope somebody can help many

Many greetings

Moony

Check you have userconfig files uploaded to the server.

---------- Post added at 00:18 ---------- Previous post was at 00:17 ----------

Has it been made possible to set up re-trans sites, like it was made available with ACRE? If it has, how would one go about doing this?

I have it in the development plan.

Feature request/idea:

Autodetect whisper/talk/yell

So the TS plugin detects the voice type (maybe go through a wizard?) and the hearable distance is changed automatically.

....if at all possible?

Edited by 87th_Neptune

Feature requeat/idea:

Autodetect whisper/talk/yell

So the TS plugin detects the voice type (maybe go through a wizard?) and the hearable distance is changed automatically.

....if at all possible?

Not sure. Maybe as an option...

I think this is how you do it:

class CfgPatches
{
   class your_addon_name
   {
       units[] = {};
       weapons[] = {};
       requiredVersion = 1.0;
       requiredAddons[] = {"Extended_EventHandlers"};
   };
};

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers
{
   extraInit = "extraInitVar = [] execVM ""\your_addon_name\init.sqf""";
};

as your addon's config.cpp, and then just add an init.sqf file with what you want to set as its contents. I haven't tested it, though.

Our problem has mostly been with missions that have an irregular starting position. Or more often that people just forget to pick them up... But it's not a real issue.

dont teach peoples crap of CBA ^^

the only reason why many people are not using the arma own way to register functions is because nearly no one knows how to do :F

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Functions_Library_(Arma_3)

using CfgFunctions instead of a CBA class will result in more control and more knowledge (+ better coding style as youre required to have for every function a seperate file!)

example:

class CfgFunctions
{
class functionPrefix
{
	class functionName
	{ //function which is not automaticly callen at start
		file = "Path/To/File/FileName.sqf";
	};
	class functionName2
	{ //function which is automaticly callen at start
			preInit = 1;
		file = "Path/To/File/FileName.sqf";
	};
	class functionName3
	{ //example showing all possible arguments
		preInit = 1; // 1 to call the function upon mission start, before objects are initialized. Passed arguments are ["preInit"]
		postInit = 1; // 1 to call the function upon mission start, after objects are initialized. Passed arguments are ["postInit"]
		recompile = 1; // 1 to recompile the function upon mission start
		ext = ".fsm"; // Set file type, can be ".sqf" or ".fsm" (meaning scripted FSM). Default is ".sqf".
	};

};
};

this also has the positive effect that those functions will also appear in the functions libary

Check you have userconfig files uploaded to the server.

They are uploaded to the server! Still not working.

They are uploaded to the server! Still not working.

Could you please provide me your RPT log?

Could you please provide me your RPT log?

Sorry for noobing...but where do I find that? >.<

Sorry for noobing...but where do I find that? >.<

Depends on your server configutation. Try to find logs with WEB interfaces for the server.

Also, do you have both CBA and TFAR enabled on server? Are they showing in mod list?

Hm. Please check your CBA version (make sure it is same as in FTAR release bundle).

I update my mods via Six Update (of course CBA too) and I use exactly that one! Isn't it compatible?

Hm. Please check your CBA version (make sure it is same as in FTAR release bundle).

I am not familiar with this CBA version, can you elaborate please. I am using the release from Armaholic with no issues.

Just wanted to drop in and say Thank You and Congrats on a great "Out of the Box" working mod :-)

My small clan and I installed it last night - within 15 mins it was on server and tested by 2 people.

30 minutes later another 5 had the relevant links, DL and installed and running with very little problems.

Your own site information w.r.t. installation was very well written and laid out (Idiots like me, nailed it 1st time)

I no longer have to make the squelch sound myself :oP - What a blast and 100% more immersion.

Loved the degrading sound effects on the radios 2.5k+

Congrats, Well Done & Thank you

Jax

Now thats funny. Its not worken even if I the server uses the CBA Files provided in the TFAR Download!

We are also getting same error.

Server starts in waiting for radios, than error message stating that no radio loaded. However the long range radio works. Have tried just grabbing the radio from the ammo crate, waiting 2 minutes not switching over.

Any help would be appreciated..

We have one very special member does not get the plugin option no matter what he tries.

His TS is up to date.

He did drag and drop the files into plugins (His TS folder is found in x86, not Standard Program Files, though it should not matter)

He has restarted his TS, he does not have any extra folders where his plugins go, and all the radio items are there as far as well know.

He is running Windows 7 ultimate.

He has launched TS in administrator.

The mod is showing up, he has the items, but TS side does not work. Any Ideas?

Hi!

I love your mod, and I think this is a much better approach than ACRE, although I was a huge fan of the Mod for ArmA 2...

But, may I politely ask one favor ? I can not for the life of me get your Mod to work with the mission Altis Life RPG. :(

As soon as a the player is spawned in, the Teamspeak Plugin goes "Nope, you are not playing" and goes to sort of "dead people mode" and I can hear everyone in Teamspeak...

Yes, I have a radio and ItemRadio gets correctly replaced with the appropriate item and "talking" works (as in I hear the radio click and such).

I have also confirmed the mod to be working on my server with other missions like a charm.

Though I would love if it worked with Altis Life. I have tried it myself to the best of my knowledge, but my limited knowledge of scripting does not seem to suffice here.

So please, answer my prayers ?

What's the reason for this mod affecting map markers? Is it intentional or just an unavoidable side-effect, as it just doesn't seem to be something that's related to radios, so I wonder why it's doing it?

There is a little error in stringtable.xml at the line 645, the russian translation for the radios begin with <Original> Instead of <Russian>. Non russian players have radios description in russian ^^. Ty for this awesome mod :).

Now thats funny. Its not worken even if I the server uses the CBA Files provided in the TFAR Download!

Hm.... Maybe you could contant me via private msg? (maybe I'll able to setup your server)

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:06 ----------

We are also getting same error.

Server starts in waiting for radios, than error message stating that no radio loaded. However the long range radio works. Have tried just grabbing the radio from the ammo crate, waiting 2 minutes not switching over.

Any help would be appreciated..

check PM

---------- Post added at 19:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:09 ----------

We have one very special member does not get the plugin option no matter what he tries.

His TS is up to date.

He did drag and drop the files into plugins (His TS folder is found in x86, not Standard Program Files, though it should not matter)

He has restarted his TS, he does not have any extra folders where his plugins go, and all the radio items are there as far as well know.

He is running Windows 7 ultimate.

He has launched TS in administrator.

The mod is showing up, he has the items, but TS side does not work. Any Ideas?

So, he have no any plugins in TS? Could you provide path of dlls inside TS folder? Also, is plugin in TS enabled (checked)?

---------- Post added at 19:12 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

There is a little error in stringtable.xml at the line 645, the russian translation for the radios begin with <Original> Instead of <Russian>. Non russian players have radios description in russian ^^. Ty for this awesome mod :).

Thanks, will fix.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

What's the reason for this mod affecting map markers? Is it intentional or just an unavoidable side-effect, as it just doesn't seem to be something that's related to radios, so I wonder why it's doing it?

O, it is long story. Not sure how to deal with it... Dots are better, aren't it? :)

I have to report a bug with Respawning. After respawning the Radio is added to the Inventory not the Radio Slot. Radio Channel is correct altough. Any Fix or workaround?

Hi!

I love your mod, and I think this is a much better approach than ACRE, although I was a huge fan of the Mod for ArmA 2...

But, may I politely ask one favor ? I can not for the life of me get your Mod to work with the mission Altis Life RPG. :(

As soon as a the player is spawned in, the Teamspeak Plugin goes "Nope, you are not playing" and goes to sort of "dead people mode" and I can hear everyone in Teamspeak...

Yes, I have a radio and ItemRadio gets correctly replaced with the appropriate item and "talking" works (as in I hear the radio click and such).

I have also confirmed the mod to be working on my server with other missions like a charm.

Though I would love if it worked with Altis Life. I have tried it myself to the best of my knowledge, but my limited knowledge of scripting does not seem to suffice here.

So please, answer my prayers ?

Hm. THere is server on Altis Life server with 13 player currently. Could you provide link to mission? (possible it is because incorrect frame handler)

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:18 ----------

I have to report a bug with Respawning. After respawning the Radio is added to the Inventory not the Radio Slot. Radio Channel is correct altough. Any Fix or workaround?

Workaround - move it to radio slot by hands :) Will try to fix it.

---------- Post added at 19:25 ---------- Previous post was at 19:19 ----------

I am not familiar with this CBA version, can you elaborate please. I am using the release from Armaholic with no issues.

So, it is correct version if it works :)

O, it is long story. Not sure how to deal with it... Dots are better, aren't it? :)

No worries, I just found it a bit strange and was curious. Not sure if dots are better or not but I think I've seen some missions where the mission maker has put markers on the briefing map and they look a bit messed up when using TFAR. I guess it means we can't use nice marker mods like VK Markers either.