nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hello there,

I'm trying to figure if a dedicated array of freqs paired to specific channels can be set. According to the code You gave to 7th_Serf the answer is yes, but what about if I want to do it from a client prospective, avoiding to insert code in the init of the missions. It may be useful to change the entire set of frequencies in a pretty fast way inserting the list somewhere in the TS/userconfig folder. This may allow Clans to plan their own specific channel array and may be useful to counter enemy spying on own radio in case they will take it.

Thanx

Maxsword

Not sure I get a question... Do you want to move frequency setup to userconfig? Or do you want to setup all frequencies in very fast way at client side to some predefined values (is it not cheating?)? Not sure it is possible now... If you want to avoid spying on your radio - shift it by some secret offet if your solder killed and you can't pickup his radio.

nkey -

Great work on the mod. Myself and my team (Task Force 88) had a chance to use this. We are wanting to replace it with ACRE since it is not being updated, but have run into some difficulties. We do mainly coop missions and I was wondering if there is anyway you might be able to make more radios to allow coop clans and teams the ability to use multiple radios for a structured radio setup like ACRE offers. For example, often times we need to reach platoon net on a long range channel and air net on long range channel. And then of course we need to break it up into other sections like 4 different squad nets and an HQ net. Thanks in advance for your response.

- Hav0k

Not sure I get a question... Do you want to move frequency setup to userconfig? Or do you want to setup all frequencies in very fast way at client side to some predefined values (is it not cheating?)? Not sure it is possible now... If you want to avoid spying on your radio - shift it by some secret offet if your solder killed and you can't pickup his radio.

Yes, I'd like to get the freq setup file to the userconfig. I just want to have the freedom to plan the freqs spectrum usage every time differently without going again in the mission folder.

nkey -

Great work on the mod. Myself and my team (Task Force 88) had a chance to use this. We are wanting to replace it with ACRE since it is not being updated, but have run into some difficulties. We do mainly coop missions and I was wondering if there is anyway you might be able to make more radios to allow coop clans and teams the ability to use multiple radios for a structured radio setup like ACRE offers. For example, often times we need to reach platoon net on a long range channel and air net on long range channel. And then of course we need to break it up into other sections like 4 different squad nets and an HQ net. Thanks in advance for your response.

- Hav0k

So, I am not sure about structure you want to create... In the most of cases it is enough to use personal radio for inter-squad communications and LR for HQ communications...

But you have several options to go:

1) use different channels for ground and air on LR (use keys to switch channels in fast way)

2) use several short range radios (in future I'll add key to switch active radio in fast way)

3) use two long range radios (one manpack, another in vehicle)

4) each crew member in vehicle may setup his LR radio to different frequency (gunner and driver on ground channel, commander on HQ channel).

5) use personal radio to communicate with LR radio

Could you please describe structure you want to achive in more details?

I"ll add support for subchannel soon, it will make system more flexible.

---------- Post added at 23:28 ---------- Previous post was at 23:24 ----------

Yes, I'd like to get the freq setup file to the userconfig. I just want to have the freedom to plan the freqs spectrum usage every time differently without going again in the mission folder.

Not easy way to do it... You can try to create small addon which will set variables from userconfig on mission start... But some work required here...

Is there a simple way to keep people from being able to talk/use radio's when they are dead/incapacitated while using the Giallustio's BTC revive script?

How do you activate the serious mode? Do you only need a TS3 channel with the name and password? It's not really documented.

Are there any plans towards a system where spectators (dead players etc) could hear those who are still alive, and talk among themselves without the survivors hearing them? Just curious if it's under consideration or if it's technically hard, it's not really an essential feature. And I just noticed I haven't even thanked about this great addon. Thank you from me and everyone in our group!

How do you activate the serious mode? Do you only need a TS3 channel with the name and password?

That's all that is needed, yes.

how can i stop certain units from recieving radios at all?

i want some units to have neither a personal nor a long range radio, where others may have one, or both

Is there a simple way to keep people from being able to talk/use radio's when they are dead/incapacitated while using the Giallustio's BTC revive script?

Currently no, but will added in the future.

How do you activate the serious mode? Do you only need a TS3 channel with the name and password? It's not really documented.

Yes, you are right, you have to create channel called TaskForceRadio with 123 password on your Ts3 server as is described on TFR page.

6ktqV.png

First great work love the mod. Second I have looked through the thread and have not seen this question, is there a way or is there a planned way to transmit and or receive data from this radio i.e. http://rf.harris.com/capabilities/tactical-radios-networking/rf-7800h-mp.asp ? Just a question, keep up the good work!

Hm... How do you see it? Also, it is possible to use map and markes for it...

---------- Post added at 08:08 ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 ----------

how can i stop certain units from recieving radios at all?

i want some units to have neither a personal nor a long range radio, where others may have one, or both

Just remove ItemRadio from inventory to prevent automatic radio assign. Also, check for flag in documentation to prevent automatic LR assign.

---------- Post added at 08:10 ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 ----------

Are there any plans towards a system where spectators (dead players etc) could hear those who are still alive, and talk among themselves without the survivors hearing them? Just curious if it's under consideration or if it's technically hard, it's not really an essential feature. And I just noticed I haven't even thanked about this great addon. Thank you from me and everyone in our group!

That's all that is needed, yes.

No such plans currently...

No such plans currently...

Hehe i just opened the forum to ask the same ;) Perhaps it would be cool to move completely dead players to another teamspeak channel so they can still watch the battlefield but talk with other dead people? Atmosphere getting killed if dead people leave the server cause they are bored just by looking around. This is of course more relevant for longer coop missions.

Would it be possible to make the "backpack radios", instead of being backpacks themselves, simply be radio items that go into the inventory? Speaking from personal knowledge, the PRC-119/RT-1523(E, F, and G models) only weighs around 2 kilos and is smaller than the size of a camelback. These radios would easily fit inside of any of the given backpacks in the game, and making them inventory items instead of actual backpacks would clean up a lot of conflicting issues with other things having to do with backpack items(parachutes, UAVs, proper backpack color, etc).

Sorry to pick this up again, but it hasn't been answered, and I think it's a vital question. In a recent mission, we had a mortar team with two people. Either the backpack radio replaces the mortar tripod carried by the team leader, or they have no long range ragio at all, which is crucial for a mortar team to have.

May I propose an inventory item with an appropriate heavy weight to compensate ?

Hehe i just opened the forum to ask the same ;) Perhaps it would be cool to move completely dead players to another teamspeak channel so they can still watch the battlefield but talk with other dead people? Atmosphere getting killed if dead people leave the server cause they are bored just by looking around. This is of course more relevant for longer coop missions.

You should use serious mode (check docs) to allow completely dead players talk to another dead players.

---------- Post added at 12:51 ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 ----------

Sorry to pick this up again, but it hasn't been answered, and I think it's a vital question. In a recent mission, we had a mortar team with two people. Either the backpack radio replaces the mortar tripod carried by the team leader, or they have no long range ragio at all, which is crucial for a mortar team to have.

May I propose an inventory item with an appropriate heavy weight to compensate ?

I am thinking about it, there are some tehnical problems related to it.

I am thinking about it, there are some tehnical problems related to it.

Thanks, much appreciated. Really love the addon. Keep up the good work!

Not easy way to do it... You can try to create small addon which will set variables from userconfig on mission start... But some work required here...

Oh. Ok Got it. Thank You anyway and keep working on the project, it's simply great.

So I'm probably not the only person wondering about this. I'm interested to know why we would switch from ACRE to this mod. What are the advantages?

Does is have to be 'competing' with ACRE? It's just simmelar...

The biggest + for me:

Is that it's easier to install. And when I have the plugin running it doesn't ruin the rest of my Teamspeak temporarily. With this I can be in ArmA using the radio's and be on other teamspeak servers without any problems.

But again. I think it's just personal taste. Give it a shot...

And if you prefer ACRE, go for that!

So I'm probably not the only person wondering about this. I'm interested to know why we would switch from ACRE to this mod. What are the advantages?

Personally and from being in a unit that switched over this mod is FAR more reliable, has a nicer UI, is regularly updated, is actually made for ArmA 3 and has more features.

The current ACRE running on ArmA 3 is chopped together from arma 2 just so that we had something to play with and while that is very nice of them and all this is currently the better radio mod! Guess we'll see what the guys at ACRE do with their 2.0!!

Like Neptune said though personal taste :P

Quote Originally Posted by doveman

I've run into a problem with TFA Radio and my realtek onboard soundcard. As soon as I enable the plugin in TS3, it cuts the volume of people talking (in normal TS, even without A3 running) by at least half. I found if I set my Realtek control panel to Stereo it fixes this but the way Realtek works, this needs to be set to 7.1 or else the surround/centre channels don't get mixed down to stereo/headphones properly and those channels are very quiet/inaudible in games.

Any ideas about this? FYI, I haven't noticed this problem when using the ACRE plugin in TS3.

Yes, it is know bug, will be fixed in next version. Currently I can only advice to adjust application (or communication) device volume....

When we were playing A3 with the TFAR addon, only I had this problem with low volume. However, last night when we were playing A2, several other people also had low volume issues until they disabled the TFAR TS3 plugin. I don't know what soundcards they use I'm afraid but I'd guess that when the A3 server and TFAR addon aren't running for the TS3 plugin to connect to, it triggers this volume bug. This appears to be different to the problem I had, which was more that the sound wasn't being properly mixed down to headphones when the soundcard was set to multichannel rather than Stereo. It might be the same bug but just in case it's not, I thought I should mention it.

Yes its quite hard for paratroopers to jump from the sky if the leader have a big radio on his back. But its needed to communicate with others over long range. As long as the parachute cant put in the radio there is a problem :(

NKey, I hope you heed MacScottie and the others. Having the long range as a radio item rather than a backpack would be a very very smart move.

When we were playing A3 with the TFAR addon, only I had this problem with low volume. However, last night when we were playing A2, several other people also had low volume issues until they disabled the TFAR TS3 plugin. I don't know what soundcards they use I'm afraid but I'd guess that when the A3 server and TFAR addon aren't running for the TS3 plugin to connect to, it triggers this volume bug. This appears to be different to the problem I had, which was more that the sound wasn't being properly mixed down to headphones when the soundcard was set to multichannel rather than Stereo. It might be the same bug but just in case it's not, I thought I should mention it.

I had the low TS volume problem issue when playing Arma two. I have a ASUS Xonar DX Sound Card. I hope that helps.