nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

First of all thank you for this radio mod!

Im curios as to how i set the independent faction to use the FADAK radio?

Im using Suddens Russians and i really dont want the AN/PRC 148 for them, thats one of the reasons i choose Task Force Arrowhead Radio mod over ACRE?

First of all thank you for this radio mod!

Im curios as to how i set the independent faction to use the FADAK radio?

Im using Suddens Russians and i really dont want the AN/PRC 148 for them, thats one of the reasons i choose Task Force Arrowhead Radio mod over ACRE?

Currently it is no easy way to do it.

First option I see is to change GUER units side to OPFOR (by _unit joinSilent _opforGroup). For vehicles it is possible force side using API: _vehicle setVariable ["tf_side", "east", true]

Another variant (as workaround for now) - add custom script to replace 148 to fadak. For example, if unit have 'tf_anprc148jem_123' - replace it by 'tf_fadak_123'. But you should fight versus BLUEFOR in such case...

I'll add way to specify side radios to API.

Also, you may try @RUSSIAN_CAMO (http://yadi.sk/d/2q9fRv3tEnVF6). They are OPFOR but still russians :)

Hello nkey,

For starters thank you for the excellent mod! I am currently implementing it in my unit.

I am having an issue with one of my guys, everytime I activate the TFR plugin on TS3.

The issue is that the incoming voice from everyone gets garbled, statiky, and loud. This is on and off the game just when activating the plugin. I have no idea where to start, I have re-installed TS3.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hello nkey,

For starters thank you for the excellent mod! I am currently implementing it in my unit.

I am having an issue with one of my guys, everytime I activate the TFR plugin on TS3.

The issue is that the incoming voice from everyone gets garbled, statiky, and loud. This is on and off the game just when activating the plugin. I have no idea where to start, I have re-installed TS3.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Hm. Do you have 7.1 audio system? Could you try to switch it to the stereo mode and check?

Hm. Do you have 7.1 audio system? Could you try to switch it to the stereo mode and check?

Would that be in the windows sound settings?

Would that be in the windows sound settings?

Yes, open playback device manager, select your output device and press 'Configure'.

nkey, I have tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; in the init but it doesnt stop us from respawning (using Farooq's revive) with the radio backpack. Ideas?

nkey, I have tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true; in the init but it doesnt stop us from respawning (using Farooq's revive) with the radio backpack. Ideas?

Probably it is not set for some of players (maybe varible server only). Could you check value of this variable during the game? (for example using debug console)

Oh you meant put it int the player init and not the init.sqf?

Boths ways should work. Looks like variable not been set for some reason - so, I ask to check its value in the game.

Yes, open playback device manager, select your output device and press 'Configure'.

It does not let me configure it, I believe since it is a Xbox 360 compatible headset, told him to buy a Logitech, thank you for your quick reply!

Hi, All.

I wrote a litle script which generate random frequencies for TaskForce radio. Frequencies guaranteed to be uniq for each squad. Script just places markers on left upper corner of the map on the briefing screen at the start of mission. Those markers text contains frequencies for all friendly squads. (for West and Resistance for example). In the begginng of the mission each unit starts with his sw radio frequency already setup on his radio.

Script intented for MP TvT missions.

Latest version of the script:

// Pregenerated frequencies by [sTELS]Zealot
// Use from init.sqf:
// [] execVM "zlt_gen_freqs.sqf";
// or ['a3ru'] execVM "zlt_gen_freqs.sqf"; for arma3.ru frequencies

#define SCRIPT_VERSION "1M"

#define STR_LR_STRING "LR %1 MHz (%2)"
#define STR_MAP_HDR "Frequencies:"

//private ["_radio_t"];

zlt_genfreq_radio_t = [_this, 0, "TF"] call bis_fnc_param;
zlt_genfreq_radio_t = toUpper (zlt_genfreq_radio_t);

_radio = [-2,2,32,64,100,400];

if ( zlt_genfreq_radio_t == "A3RU" ) then {
_radio = [-2,2,5,18,100,400];
};

if ( zlt_genfreq_radio_t == "TF" ) then {
if (not isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "task_force_radio_items")) exitwith { zlt_genfreq_radio_t = ""; };

tf_same_sw_frequencies_for_side = false;
tf_same_lr_frequencies_for_side = true;
if ([west, resistance] call BIS_fnc_areFriendly) then {
	tf_guer_radio_code = "_bluefor";
};
if ([east, resistance] call BIS_fnc_areFriendly) then {
	tf_guer_radio_code = "_opfor";
};

if (isNil "generateSwSetting") then {
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\task_force_radio\common.sqf";
};
};

zlt_prc_freq_updmarkers = {

_zlt_genfreq_xmap = 0;
_zlt_genfreq_ymap = 8000;
_zlt_genfreq_deltamap = 250;

if (worldName == "Altis") then {
	_zlt_genfreq_xmap = 1000;
	_zlt_genfreq_ymap = 30000;
	_zlt_genfreq_deltamap = 500;
};

_zlt_spawnSetLrChannel = {
	if (leader group player == player) then {
		_this spawn {
				waituntil {sleep 0.5; not (isNil "haveLRRadio") and {player call haveLRRadio}};
				if (not isNil {setLrFrequency}) then {
					sleep 0.5;
					_val = str (_this);
					[(call activeLrRadio) select 0, (call activeLrRadio) select 1, _val] call setLrFrequency;
					if (dialog) then {
						call updateLRDialogToChannel;
					};
				};
		};
	};
};

_zlt_fnc_printfrq = {

_str = _this;
	_txt = "";
	_mcolor = "";

switch ( typename (_str select 0)) do {
		case ( typename east) : { _txt = format[sTR_LR_STRING,_str select 1, _str select 2]; _mcolor = ([ (_str select 0) , true] call bis_fnc_sidecolor); };
		case ( typename grpnull) : { _txt = format["%1: %2 MHz", groupid(_str select 0)+"("+ name leader (_str select 0) +")", _str select 1]; _mcolor = [ side (_str select 0) , true] call bis_fnc_sidecolor; };
		default { _txt = STR_MAP_HDR; _mcolor = [ playerside , true] call bis_fnc_sidecolor; };
	};

_mname = format ["mrk_freq_%1", _zlt_genfreq_ymap];
	createMarkerLocal[_mname, [_zlt_genfreq_xmap, _zlt_genfreq_ymap]];
	_mname setMarkerTypeLocal "mil_dot";
	_mname setMarkerTextLocal _txt;
	_mname setMarkerColorLocal _mcolor;
	_mname setmarkerposlocal [_zlt_genfreq_xmap, _zlt_genfreq_ymap];

_zlt_genfreq_ymap = _zlt_genfreq_ymap - _zlt_genfreq_deltamap;
};

_friends = ([side player] call BIS_fnc_friendlySides) - [civilian];
_friendsids = [];
_playersideid = [playerside] call BIS_fnc_sideID;
[""] call _zlt_fnc_printfrq;

(zlt_pub_gen_frequencies select _playersideid) call _zlt_fnc_printfrq;

{
	if ( typename (_x select 0) == typename grpNull and {side (_x select 0) in _friends} and { leader (_x select 0) in playableunits} ) then {
		_x call _zlt_fnc_printfrq;
	};
} foreach zlt_pub_gen_frequencies;

if (zlt_genfreq_radio_t == "TF" ) then {
	((zlt_pub_gen_frequencies select _playersideid) select 1) call _zlt_spawnSetLrChannel;
};

};

if (not isDedicated) then {
[] spawn {
	waitUntil {!isNil "zlt_pub_gen_frequencies"};
	waitUntil {player == player};

if (playerside == civilian) exitwith {};

[] call zlt_prc_freq_updmarkers;
};
};

_fnc_genfreq = {
private ["_state","_num","_isinbl","_l1","_l2"];
_state = _this select 0; 
if (isNil {zlt_freqblacklist}) then {
	zlt_freqblacklist = [];
};

_num = 0;
_l1 = _radio select 0;
_l2 = _radio select 1;
_isinbl = true;
if (_state == 0) then {
	_l1 = _radio select 2; _l2 = _radio select 3;
};
if (_state == 1) then {
	_l1 = _radio select 4; _l2 = _radio select 5;
};

while {_isinbl} do {
	_num = round (([_l1,_l2] call bis_fnc_randomnum) * 10) / 10 ;
	if not (_num in zlt_freqblacklist) then {
		zlt_freqblacklist = zlt_freqblacklist set [count zlt_freqblacklist, _num ];
		_isinbl = false;
	};
};
_num;
};

if (not isServer) exitWith {};
zlt_pub_gen_frequencies = [];

{
_num = 0;
_sdv = 0;
switch true do {
	case (_x == resistance and ([west, resistance] call BIS_fnc_areFriendly) ) : {
		_num = (zlt_pub_gen_frequencies select 1) select 1;
		_sdv = (zlt_pub_gen_frequencies select 1) select 2;
	};
	case (_x == resistance and ([east, resistance] call BIS_fnc_areFriendly) ) : {
		_num = (zlt_pub_gen_frequencies select 0) select 1;
		_sdv = (zlt_pub_gen_frequencies select 0) select 2;
	};
	default {
		_num = [0] call _fnc_genfreq ;
		_sdv = [2] call _fnc_genfreq ;
	};	
};
_data = [_x, _num, _sdv]; 

zlt_pub_gen_frequencies set [count zlt_pub_gen_frequencies,  _data];
} foreach [east, west, resistance];

{
_num = [1] call _fnc_genfreq ;
zlt_pub_gen_frequencies set [count zlt_pub_gen_frequencies, [_x, _num] ];

if (zlt_genfreq_radio_t == "TF") then {
	_vl3 = [] call generateSwSetting;
	_vl3 set [2, str (_num)];
	_x setVariable["tf_sw_frequency", _vl3, true];
};

} foreach allgroups;

publicVariable "zlt_pub_gen_frequencies";

I put it in the server, global and local exec of my MP DS debug - nothing happened.

So, could you please attach your mission file?

I get an error, "o Task force radio Deployed on Server!" in game on my dedi box. but our Private user hosted servers work fine.

@Agoney did you upload the mod and userconfig to your server and put it in the command line?

@7th_Serf I did. I even made sure the keys were in the right location as well. What might be the issue other than this?

---------- Post added at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

"Waiting on Unique Radio from Server"

"No Task Force Radio deployed on Server"

---------- Post added at 03:44 ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 ----------

Can anyone here give me a tutorial on installing this to a dedicated server and get "Unique Radio" working?

@7th_Serf I did. I even made sure the keys were in the right location as well. What might be the issue other than this?

---------- Post added at 03:25 ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 ----------

"Waiting on Unique Radio from Server"

"No Task Force Radio deployed on Server"

---------- Post added at 03:44 ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 ----------

Can anyone here give me a tutorial on installing this to a dedicated server and get "Unique Radio" working?

Please send your RPT log.

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:05 ----------

Are you able to carry 2 short range radios?

Yep, even more.

I've been testing this for a few days now. And it works great!

Not only just functional but the radio sound output even sounds realistic. Just awesome.

If this is an RTFM question, please tell me( Although I did read it. ;) )

Can I keep units from gaining certain radio types? Not just single units but by default.

And I did find the LR radio class names. But whats the classnames of the shortrange radios?

Last question is about the buttons on the radios. They don't seem to comply with what thet do IRL, is there a specific reason for that? Eventhough this is open source, I am surely willing to help to make it even more realistic.

How do I set up a "dead channel" in TS? Will dead players pop back into the planning channel or can I specify a dead channel?

I've been testing this for a few days now. And it works great!

Not only just functional but the radio sound output even sounds realistic. Just awesome.

If this is an RTFM question, please tell me( Although I did read it. ;) )

Can I keep units from gaining certain radio types? Not just single units but by default.

And I did find the LR radio class names. But whats the classnames of the shortrange radios?

Last question is about the buttons on the radios. They don't seem to comply with what thet do IRL, is there a specific reason for that? Eventhough this is open source, I am surely willing to help to make it even more realistic.

Not sure regarding radio types... Maybe you about tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true?

Personal classnames: tf_anprc152_##X, tf_fadak_##X and tf_anprc148jem_##X, where ##X - is unique radio ID. So, if you game is not too long - you may use IDs from 900 to 1000. But be sure you use each radio ID only ONCE.

Regarding button son radios - currently I keep it as simple, as possible. Arma is not too easy game, so I trying to not overload user with additional things to learn (currently there are 6 radios (will be more) - it will take few hours to knew how to program each of them IRL).

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:56 ----------

How do I set up a "dead channel" in TS? Will dead players pop back into the planning channel or can I specify a dead channel?

Dead channel automatically enabled in Serious mode. Check http://radio.task-force.ru/en/ for docs about it.

Also, you able to change name\password of serious mode channel.

Thanks for the Reply that helped me quiet a bit.

Regarding button son radios - currently I keep it as simple, as possible. Arma is not too easy game, so I trying to not overload user with additional things to learn (currently there are 6 radios (will be more) - it will take few hours to knew how to program each of them IRL).

I understand to keep it simple. It was more that the button functions are kinda mixed up.

For example: I noticed the volume is controlled with the button where you witch channels with IRL. Which looks kind of weird. It's no biggy but it will make the mod look just better when corrected. :)