nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

I´ve tested it out too but doesnt works. The only way it works is taking out the radio to the ground load the profile an pick it up again.... :( :(

I wrote post to VAS thread, so lets wait for some results.

I created the video below to help my clan install and use Task Force Radio, it includes some stuff that isn't relevant to TFR but it should be useful for anyone who is having trouble.

We have some bugs.

1. With plugin in TS enabled some guys dont understand anymore what i am saying. He just hear "("§JF"=§)J?CJECKPJCWE". It is just some Players have this Problem.

2. When i change Radio volumne, everyone on the Servers gets the volumne changed. Hope this is not a feature.

3. The "click" when getting a Radio message is a bit too silent. while im combat or with "Speed of Sound" mod its hard to get it thats a someone speaking beside you.

And a question: Will be somehow the Feature like ace that i could Position my Long range Radio Nr1 to the left, and the normal Radio to the right? Even in acre its hard to find out what radio is active when you have more then 2. So there could be a better solution :P

We have some bugs.

1. With plugin in TS enabled some guys dont understand anymore what i am saying. He just hear "("§JF"=§)J?CJECKPJCWE". It is just some Players have this Problem.

2. When i change Radio volumne, everyone on the Servers gets the volumne changed. Hope this is not a feature.

3. The "click" when getting a Radio message is a bit too silent. while im combat or with "Speed of Sound" mod its hard to get it thats a someone speaking beside you.

And a question: Will be somehow the Feature like ace that i could Position my Long range Radio Nr1 to the left, and the normal Radio to the right? Even in acre its hard to find out what radio is active when you have more then 2. So there could be a better solution :P

Thanks for feedback.

1) Known issue, already fixed in dev version. Currently reaload TS plugin in such cases as workaround.

2) Are you sure? Maybe you somehow have radio item cloned? (same radio item for several players)

3) Not sure I get you... Could you please explain in details? Clicks=Beeps?

Yes, stereo settings will be implemented soon (new maintenance build almost ready).

[/color]Just small note - we conducted successful 136 players game with mod( http://arma3.swec.se/game/data/881268 )

I assume you didn't have any issues with the 152 switching to a 148 during these tests then? Could it possibly an issue between TFR and Invade and Annex?

Currently you may change radio codes using API to set the same values for BLUEFOR and INDEPENDENT. In such case 148 will be able to transmit for the 152.

I'm new to coding and that, so where exactly do you change these values, and how do you access it?

Just small note - we conducted successful 136 players game with mod( http://arma3.swec.se/game/data/881268 )

And I assume you guys didn't have the issue with radios switching out after death? Maybe it's a bug between TFR and Invade and Annex?

And I assume you guys didn't have the issue with radios switching out after death? Maybe it's a bug between TFR and Invade and Annex?

Judging by the death count by the link, it was a "one-life"game

We tested this radio last saterday with some members and had the same problem but we had it on a insurgency map ;)

Send with Tapatalk.

I'm new to coding and that, so where exactly do you change these values, and how do you access it?

Please check previous posts, there is someone with explanation how to change values by adding some code to init.sqf.

UPDATE:

Nevermind, found it. Add to init.sqf:

tf_west_radio_code = "_alliance";

tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor";

tf_guer_radio_code = "_alliance";

---------- Post added at 09:04 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Already fixed in dev version (not released yet). Also, you may try to update BTC-revive for your map (if it is used).

Thanks for feedback.

1) Known issue, already fixed in dev version. Currently reaload TS plugin in such cases as workaround.

2) Are you sure? Maybe you somehow have radio item cloned? (same radio item for several players)

3) Not sure I get you... Could you please explain in details? Clicks=Beeps?

Yes, stereo settings will be implemented soon (new maintenance build almost ready).

Thx for reply.

3) The Sounds of the starting/ending transmission could be louder.

some ideas:

+ what about satellit radio, could be stationary. On really big maps 3km is not enough and between hills its hard.

+ megaphone

+ jammer / jamming stations for long range radio (need some improvement so that not everyone could just jam everything too easy, perhaps only some little frequence could be jammed? on coop the ai could jam for quests)

+ encryption codes hacking for e.g. the satellit radio, but should take a lot of time. perhaps with some controllers needed to ajust and very bad audio quality?

+ something to find out where radio is used to find them. Good coop options for this. some radio tower e.g. Not for infantry i thing, just for stationary operations room.

Thx for reply.

3) The Sounds of the starting/ending transmission could be louder.

some ideas:

+ what about satellit radio, could be stationary. On really big maps 3km is not enough and between hills its hard.

+ megaphone

+ jammer / jamming stations for long range radio (need some improvement so that not everyone could just jam everything too easy, perhaps only some little frequence could be jammed? on coop the ai could jam for quests)

+ encryption codes hacking for e.g. the satellit radio, but should take a lot of time. perhaps with some controllers needed to ajust and very bad audio quality?

+ something to find out where radio is used to find them. Good coop options for this. some radio tower e.g. Not for infantry i thing, just for stationary operations room.

3) Try to increase "Options > Payback > Sound Pack Volume" in TeamSpeak.

+1) Will think about, but currently you may use long range radio for communications also (20km).

+2) Have some ideas to allow switch radio to loud mode, but not easy technically

+3) Planned for future

+4) Not sure it is really required. Also, may be done using some scripts.

+5) You mean radar to detect radio communications? Planned for future.

If you do satellite comms, it might be a good idea to have them only be in vehicles. This adds a positive while also introducing a negative. Extended range (and negates effects of terrain) but only for comms in vehicles.

Hey nkey what are the class names for your radios?

EDIT:More specifically what is the class name for the radio that changes into the 152,148 etc...?

Hey nkey what are the class names for your radios?

EDIT:More specifically what is the class name for the radio that changes into the 152,148 etc...?

They are named tf_anrprc152_x, tf_anrprc148jem_x, tf_fadak_x where "x" - is unique number of the radio. So, you should not give radios by youself because server needs to be sure what all radio radio items are uniqueness.

@BadHabitz: yes that was my point. would even go further and add only between stationary and vehicle so not every public player just could use this and wont need the 3km/20km radios...

Hi

i m using TFARadio on my server this is copy of my .rpt. If it can help you.

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 71: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/clear.tooltip': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 83: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/next_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 93: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/prev_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 102: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/increase_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc152\anprc152.ext, line 112: '/anprc152_radio_dialog/decrease_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 85: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/prev_channel148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 95: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/next_channel148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 105: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/increase_volume148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc148jem\anprc148jem.ext, line 115: '/anprc148jem_radio_dialog/decrease_volume148.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 69: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_clear.tooltip': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 90: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel01.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 100: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel02.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 110: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel03.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 120: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel04.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 130: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel05.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 140: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel06.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 150: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel07.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 160: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel08.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\rt1523g\rt1523g.ext, line 170: '/rt1523g_radio_dialog/rt1523g_channel09.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\anprc155\anprc155.ext, line 84: '/anprc155_radio_dialog/prev_channel155.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\anprc155\anprc155.ext, line 94: '/anprc155_radio_dialog/next_channel155.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 49: '/fadak_radio_dialog/clear_fadak.tooltip': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 61: '/fadak_radio_dialog/next_channel_fadak.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 71: '/fadak_radio_dialog/previous_channel_fadak.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 80: '/fadak_radio_dialog/increase_volume_fadak.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\fadak\fadak.ext, line 90: '/fadak_radio_dialog/decrease_volume_fadak.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\diver_radio\diver_radio.ext, line 69: '/diver_radio_dialog/increase_volume.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 59: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_clear.tooltip': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 71: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_next_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 81: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_previous_channel.action': Missing ';' prior '}'

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 120: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_1.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 130: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_2.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 140: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_3.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 150: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_4.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 160: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_5.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 170: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_6.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 180: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_7.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 190: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_8.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

File task_force_radio\mr3000\mr3000.ext, line 200: '/mr3000_radio_dialog/mr3000_channel_9.action': Missing ';' at the end of line

Best Regards

They are named tf_anrprc152_x, tf_anrprc148jem_x, tf_fadak_x where "x" - is unique number of the radio. So, you should not give radios by youself because server needs to be sure what all radio radio items are uniqueness.

I see. So the x cannot be set manually? ie: A box with 50 radios like this?

if (! isServer) exitWith {};

_radios = _this select 0;

{
//empty the box

clearMagazineCargoGlobal _radios;
clearWeaponCargoGlobal _radios;
clearItemCargoGlobal _radios;

//fill it with radios

_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_001", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_002", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_003", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_004", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_005", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_006", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_007", 1];
_radios addItemCargoGlobal ["tf_anrprc152_008", 1];

.....right down the list.....

};

Hi

i m using TFARadio on my server this is copy of my .rpt.

Best Regards

Thanks, already fixed in dev version.

---------- Post added at 12:04 ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 ----------

I see. So the x cannot be set manually? ie: A box with 50 radios like this?

If you are not planning to play for the very long time per mission you may add them in inverse direction: tf_anrprc152_999,tf_anrprc152_998,tf_anrprc152_997...

I am trying to set peoples radio frequency based on whatever squad the player is in. The way I am trying to achieve this is by adding _nul = [1,3] execVM 'scripts\radio.sqf'; to each players initialization line changing only the two numbers in the array.

My radio.sqf consists of the code below. The outcome of the below in the editor is that your radio will always be set to the last unit initialization line and by last unit I mean the one that loads or runs last. I first assumed this was because I was hosting the game so all of the commands were being executed on my client however testing this on dedicated server I had the same results. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong because I don't think player initialization lines are supposed to be ran on every client and instead just the on the client of the player? or maybe I am wrong.

WaitUntil {sleep 0.5; player call haveSwRadio};

_leader = _this select 0;
_squad = _this select 1;

hint format[%1 %2", _leader, _squad];	

if (_leader == 1) then {
[call activeLrRadio select 0, call activeLrRadio select 1, "75"] call setLrFrequency;
};

if (_squad == 1) then { // Flying Hellfish
[call activeSwRadio, "100" ] call setSwFrequency;
};

if (_squad == 2) then { // Three Crowns
[call activeSwRadio, "200" ] call setSwFrequency;
};

if (_squad == 3) then { // White Ravens
[call activeSwRadio, "300" ] call setSwFrequency;
};

if (_squad == 4) then { // Mobile Combat Support
[call activeSwRadio, "400" ] call setSwFrequency;
};

I am trying to set peoples radio frequency based on whatever squad the player is in. The way I am trying to achieve this is by adding _nul = [1,3] execVM 'scripts\radio.sqf'; to each players initialization line changing only the two numbers in the array.

My radio.sqf consists of the code below. The outcome of the below in the editor is that your radio will always be set to the last unit initialization line and by last unit I mean the one that loads or runs last. I first assumed this was because I was hosting the game so all of the commands were being executed on my client however testing this on dedicated server I had the same results. Could anyone tell me what I am doing wrong because I don't think player initialization lines are supposed to be ran on every client and instead just the on the client of the player? or maybe I am wrong.

As far as I remember initialization line code is run on server, so on dedicated server you will not get any effect. In case of your server - each commands will be run on you PC.

If you can wait for a little (update almost ready) - in next version every unit in the same group have same frequencies by default.

Init fields are run on everybody machine and is also run when the unit with Init is JIPing.

IE init field with : "rabbit" createvehicle getpos this; will create as many rabbit as there is players connected, around the unit with the init.

To run the init localy to the player with the init use : if (player==this) then {"rabbit" createvehicle getpos this;}; everybody will run the init, but since only one player can be that unit, it will run one time localy on his machine.

Nkey would you have a changelog to your next version ?

Next release more maintenance-specific, not a lot of new functionality.

You can check closed tickets here and open here.

Basically:

• a lot of bugfixes,
  • new DSP effect for LR and personal,
  • same frequencies for groups (optional - team),
  • some API,
  • ability to setup stereo channels on radio,
  • time-critical code moved to non-scheduled environment,
  • etc.

Init fields are run on everybody machine and is also run when the unit with Init is JIPing.

IE init field with : "rabbit" createvehicle getpos this; will create as many rabbit as there is players connected, around the unit with the init.

To run the init localy to the player with the init use : if (player==this) then {"rabbit" createvehicle getpos this;}; everybody will run the init, but since only one player can be that unit, it will run one time localy on his machine.

Thanks for your reply, this method works perfectly in the editor but as soon as its used on a dedicated server it the script just didn't get ran.

I have tried this instead but its still not working in multi player,

waitUntil {!isNull player}; if (player== this) then {_nul = [1,0] execVM "scripts\radio.sqf";};

Looking forward to the update nkey it will make life easier however we have a mission planned for tomorrow night which is why I am trying to get the above working for then.

Super cool! Radio with the ability to change frequencies, great. :yay: Much better than ACRE. Thanks for the work. Thanks for the ArmaGamer :D