nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

hello.

I've started using this mod and noticed something weird.

I'm using vk markers mod at the same time and I can't use their mod(ie markers they add) by double clicking on map.

I disable TFR and all is fine about the marker.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening and possibilities for a fix?

This mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23375 ?

Possible it is because TFA changes default marker to small dot, maybe some kind of conflict here..

I'm lefthanded and use the Numpad keys to lean and lock backwards, this radio "mod" hard binds stuff to those keys, is it possible that you provide a file so people like my can change their keys?

Ninjadit: Disregard :/

I'm lefthanded and use the Numpad keys to lean and lock backwards, this radio "mod" hard binds stuff to those keys, is it possible that you provide a file so people like my can change their keys?

Ninjadit: Disregard :/

Open SteamApps\common\Arma 3\userconfig\task_force_radio\radio_keys.hpp

for records sw_channel_[1-8] and lr_channel_[1-9] set key value to 0.

Restart game, try. This should work.

Our clan is working on that addon for A3.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169411-Realistic-Wounding-System-RWS

is it possible to temporally deactivate the tfar for wounded soldiers on the ground?

In one of next version I'll add way to specify overall level of volume (for both radios and direct speech). So, you will be able to call it from the script. Is such feature time-critical for you?

In one of next version I'll add way to specify overall level of volume (for both radios and direct speech). So, you will be able to call it from the script. Is such feature time-critical for you?

no, not at all...thx

keep on the good work

Hey - thanks for the work on the mod. I do have one question for you, however. Is it possible to disable spawning with long range radio backpacks? The only issue is, with running the ALIVE mod, is that backpacks are getting littered all over the server and the garbage collector does not wipe them. We have our own means of acquiring our own long range radios and do not need this script, as helpful as it would be in a larger mission. Thanks for your time and help.

Hey - thanks for the work on the mod. I do have one question for you, however. Is it possible to disable spawning with long range radio backpacks? The only issue is, with running the ALIVE mod, is that backpacks are getting littered all over the server and the garbage collector does not wipe them. We have our own means of acquiring our own long range radios and do not need this script, as helpful as it would be in a larger mission. Thanks for your time and help.

Check for "tf_no_auto_long_range_radio " at http://radio.task-force.ru/en/

Just tested the mod today...very easy to install and work like a charm. Well done guys!!!

Hi, everyone, the Clan gir has edited a video tutorial of your fantastic mod for spanish people.

Spanish people who want an extended video tutorial for setting and use of Task Force Radio

Thanks for the mod.

Hi, everyone, the Clan gir has edited a video tutorial of your fantastic mod for spanish people.

Spanish people who want an extended video tutorial for setting and use of Task Force Radio

Thanks for the mod.

Thanks for tutorial :)

Hey Nkey...

When using Vitual Ammo Box System it seems when you upload a new profile you loose the radios even if you have saved it previously.

Do you know any solution here?

BR

Hi there,

Nice stuff mate. Would it possible to not automatically add a long range radio to the group leaders and replace their backpack.

A nice addition for this mod would be to have some multi channel radio terminal for command usage. With this device commander would be able to receive multiple communication with the same device, choise to speak to a group on a specific channel, have the name of the goup calling displayed.

I have translated Task Force radio manual from official project web site. It´s traslated into Slovak language - for Slovak and Czech speaking players. :)

Maybe someone help.

http://www.arma3.sk/2013/12/navod-task-force-radio-plugin/

Wow, cool. Could you please create MD file, like this one - https://raw.github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/master/README_EN.md

---------- Post added at 11:55 ---------- Previous post was at 11:52 ----------

Hi there,

Nice stuff mate. Would it possible to not automatically add a long range radio to the group leaders and replace their backpack.

A nice addition for this mod would be to have some multi channel radio terminal for command usage. With this device commander would be able to receive multiple communication with the same device, choise to speak to a group on a specific channel, have the name of the goup calling displayed.

It is possible to disable automatic backpacks - check in documentation. Also, you always able to get old backpack from the ground.

Regarding multiband - yes, I have some plans. I want to add subchannels support for personal radios, and multiband support for long range radios.

---------- Post added at 12:00 ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 ----------

Hey Nkey...

When using Vitual Ammo Box System it seems when you upload a new profile you loose the radios even if you have saved it previously.

Do you know any solution here?

BR

Could you please provide some ways to reproduce issue?

Also, it is not a good idea to save radio item into ammobox.. Because they should be given by the server. Will try to concat Vitual Ammo Box System authors...

I was hesitant to try this because I was a fan of ACRE, but my guys were using it so I had little choice.

Needless to say I was very impressed and as a group, albeit a very small group, we decided to officially make the switch to TFAR. ACRE isn't really supported for A3, and it's just really buggy. I could never get two PTT's to work on my keyboard with ACRE, I always had to assign a PTT to a mouse button and that's annoying.

I'm looking forward to playing with it more.

Could you please provide some ways to reproduce issue?

Also, it is not a good idea to save radio item into ammobox.. Because they should be given by the server. Will try to concat Vitual Ammo Box System authors...

Two problems I saw here.

If you know how VAS works you can save profiles with load outs. To in other matches load it again if you want.

So when the player saves the load out with the Task Force Radio, It seems to be saved right, however when you load the profile the radios has disappeared. Do you know what I mean?

We noticed that saving load outs with VAS and ACRE had this issue - so we avoided it by always saving load outs without radios (we drop our radios then grab our load outs). It's because each radio has a unique ID and if you pull one out of VAS that has the same ID as another guys radio it creates all sorts of issues (other guys radios changing channels for example). I figured TFR would have the same issue so I got my team to start from the beginning of our use of TFR to drop their radios before getting their gear.

So, simple solution; save your load out without a radio. Drop your radio when switching load outs.

If you've already saved a load out with a radio - use it when no one else is on the server, then re-save it without a radio.

Yes we´ve tested that out and works... thanks...

My question was if nkey has any better devoloped solution to avoid that. Or it is palnned to have a better solution....

Do you Nkey?

Yes we´ve tested that out and works... thanks...

My question was if nkey has any better devoloped solution to avoid that. Or it is palnned to have a better solution....

Do you Nkey?

Currently I need to check problem myself - but looks like one only way to fix it in clear way is to add some changes into Virtual Ammo Box (to replace all items inherited from ItemRadio to ItemRadio).

Currently I need to check problem myself - but looks like one only way to fix it in clear way is to add some changes into Virtual Ammo Box (to replace all items inherited from ItemRadio to ItemRadio).

Hi Nkey sounds good if you can have a look and tell us how to solve it!!! :) :)

Its really simple. Fill whatever box you have the VAS script on with Radios. you can grab your loadout and radio and be set. Saving loadouts with radios is never going to work because it saves with an ID that was uniqe when given but may not be uniqe on a later server. It best if the Server gives you the radio this applies to ACRE as well.

Its really simple. Fill whatever box you have the VAS script on with Radios. you can grab your loadout and radio and be set. Saving loadouts with radios is never going to work because it saves with an ID that was uniqe when given but may not be uniqe on a later server. It best if the Server gives you the radio this applies to ACRE as well.

I´ve tested it out too but doesnt works. The only way it works is taking out the radio to the ground load the profile an pick it up again.... :( :(