nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Most of the times when server restarted or changed mission, the plugin will failed to load and you have to reload plugin on TeamSpeak then return to slot menu and return to the mission to make it work.

Hm... First report of such type. Could you please provide more info about "will failed to load"? What exactly not working? Also, feel free to send me PM with questions.

I think the server did not initial the radio properly, or not finished.

I think the server did not initial the radio properly, or not finished.

Could you please describe some step-by-step way to reproduce the problem? Maybe you switch missions faster than 4 seconds (plugin disables activity after 4 seconds without messages from the game)?

I will do the same you tell wait 4 seconds when restarted or changed mission

PWS addon is not managed by me - they did it themselves (thanks them bwt). Looks like PWS can't automatically install plugins into TeamSpeak folder (the same thing with ACRE as far as I know).

I was talking to Sickboy about setting this up on PWS. (My fault it was setup early before the .dll bit was ready)

Yesterday he set up the @ folder and userconfig, hopefully by tonight the PWS version will also copy across the dll's and TeamSpeak sounds folder. It worked for ACRE and they can do it for TFR too :)

Look out for a update to the modset on PWS that should fix it (although if you done it manually it shouldn't hurt anything)

nkey, expect contact from the PWS team soon about maintaining updates via their distribution!

(ps I'm not involved with PWS team, but was eager to get this mod in there so pestered them)

I was talking to Sickboy about setting this up on PWS. (My fault it was setup early before the .dll bit was ready)

Yesterday he set up the @ folder and userconfig, hopefully by tonight the PWS version will also copy across the dll's and TeamSpeak sounds folder. It worked for ACRE and they can do it for TFR too :)

Look out for a update to the modset on PWS that should fix it (although if you done it manually it shouldn't hurt anything)

nkey, expect contact from the PWS team soon about maintaining updates via their distribution!

(ps I'm not involved with PWS team, but was eager to get this mod in there so pestered them)

Thanks for your help!

hello

First of all good job it is in our Arma clan the default Radio mod, but when I start the game TS3 spams me with "invalid parameter size"

need some help... :butbut:

i installed TS new and install all correct in A3 and TS ...

Greeting's from Germany ;)

hello

First of all good job it is in our Arma clan the default Radio mod, but when I start the game TS3 spams me with "invalid parameter size"

need some help... :butbut:

i installed TS new and install all correct in A3 and TS ...

Greeting's from Germany ;)

Probably it is because your Arma nickname is smaller than 2 symbols. At least 3 required.

Quick Question:

If this mod works out as I hope it will (syncing the frequencies of same side units at spawn without mission scripting and fixing the BTC Revive radio switch issue being the only bumps I can see) I plan to use this on both our public servers and our private operations server.

So the question is - can you configure which TeamSpeak channel it switches you to, as if we have 3 servers all running at the same time off the clan TeamSpeak, we don't really want them all in the same "TaskForceRadio" channel!

Quick Question:

If this mod works out as I hope it will (syncing the frequencies of same side units at spawn without mission scripting and fixing the BTC Revive radio switch issue being the only bumps I can see) I plan to use this on both our public servers and our private operations server.

So the question is - can you configure which TeamSpeak channel it switches you to, as if we have 3 servers all running at the same time off the clan TeamSpeak, we don't really want them all in the same "TaskForceRadio" channel!

Good idea, but how can I get information about the server? I need something like this - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35591 (but it is unresolved). Another way - some flag, but mission editing (or some server-side addon) is required.

Sorry, no good at scripting and the dark art of coding. But I do know that with ACRE we had written our own scripts that we run in the mission that detects that ACRE is connected and moves you to a designated passworded TeamSpeak channel when you spawned in. We currently have 3 such channels in our TeamSpeak that players are moved into automatically depending on the mission that is running (so it doesn't detect the server, just the mission script does it)

So it IS possible - but I don't know how, other than showing you the code our guys wrote to work with ACRE:

(which of course used a lot of ACRE function calls)

if (!isMultiplayer) exitWith {};

if (isNil "acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList") exitWith

{

//hint parseText "We recommend using <t color='#ffe900'>ACRE</t> for enhanced communication, please see the notice boards for more information.";

};

while {true} do

{

if (isNil "acre_sys_io_pipeHandle" || acre_sys_core_ts3id == -1) then

{

// Join lobby

[LOBBY_CHANNEL_ID, LOBBY_CHANNEL_PASSWORD] call acre_api_fnc_joinChannel;

}

else

{

// Join ACRE channel

[ACRE_CHANNEL_ID, ACRE_CHANNEL_PASSWORD] call acre_api_fnc_joinChannel;

};

sleep 3;

};

Ideally instead of all that, it would be nice to just set a global variable in the init.sqf file to say:

If (TaskForceRadio detected on client then TaskForceRadio_TeamspeakChannel = (ThisMisisonChannel, this_password); or something!

Sorry, no good at scripting and the dark art of coding. But I do know that with ACRE we had written our own scripts that we run in the mission that detects that ACRE is connected and moves you to a designated passworded TeamSpeak channel when you spawned in. We currently have 3 such channels in our TeamSpeak that players are moved into automatically depending on the mission that is running (so it doesn't detect the server, just the mission script does it)

So it IS possible - but I don't know how, other than showing you the code our guys wrote to work with ACRE:

(which of course used a lot of ACRE function calls)

if (!isMultiplayer) exitWith {};

if (isNil "acre_api_fnc_getCurrentRadioList") exitWith

{

//hint parseText "We recommend using <t color='#ffe900'>ACRE</t> for enhanced communication, please see the notice boards for more information.";

};

while {true} do

{

if (isNil "acre_sys_io_pipeHandle" || acre_sys_core_ts3id == -1) then

{

// Join lobby

[LOBBY_CHANNEL_ID, LOBBY_CHANNEL_PASSWORD] call acre_api_fnc_joinChannel;

}

else

{

// Join ACRE channel

[ACRE_CHANNEL_ID, ACRE_CHANNEL_PASSWORD] call acre_api_fnc_joinChannel;

};

sleep 3;

};

Ideally instead of all that, it would be nice to just set a global variable in the init.sqf file to say:

If (TaskForceRadio detected on client then TaskForceRadio_TeamspeakChannel = (ThisMisisonChannel, this_password); or something!

So, we have access to the mission in your case. Will think about - it should be not a hard task.

Is it possible to not have the mod mess with your teamspeak name? I find that incredibly annoying personally.

Secondly, making a quick radio cycle would seem to be incredibly user-friendly. Like ACRE's CTRL+SHFT+A key.

This way you can switch your active radio using (for example: CAPS LOCK + T, will switch my active radio that I want to transmit on. And CAPS would remain the transmit button on the ACTIVE radio). Different, spread out, keys are just a hassle and this would rectify it.

I love the mod so far, just needs a few tweaks.

Edit: Also the channels should be standard. NUM 1-8 should be the same for everyone. It seems to be randomized.

Edited by SpectreRSG

Is it possible to not have the mod mess with your teamspeak name? I find that incredibly annoying personally.

Secondly, making a quick radio cycle would seem to be incredibly user-friendly. Like ACRE's CTRL+SHFT+A key.

This way you can switch your active radio using (for example: CAPS LOCK + T, will switch my active radio that I want to transmit on. And CAPS would remain the transmit button on the ACTIVE radio). Different, spread out, keys are just a hassle and this would rectify it.

I love the mod so far, just needs a few tweaks.

Edit: Also the channels should be standard. NUM 1-8 should be the same for everyone. It seems to be randomized.

1) I'll add function to change nicknames back after the game. But it is required to have when changed to Arma3 names during the game by technical reasons.

2) Key so switch radios in plan

3) In the plan too.

Thanks.

---------- Post added at 07:54 ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 ----------

a simple "change to incoming radio" button woud be cool

keep your work up

Interesting idea. But what is to do in case of simultaneous incoming in few radios?

Edited by nkey

We tested TFA Radio in our last Arma3 session at CiA and quite liked it. Setup was pretty hassle-free and worked basically out of the box.

There are a few things that were problematic, though. The team leader's backpack is always replaced with the long range radio, and that means when you start with a parachute in mid-air, it will be a pretty rude landing. In this case, replacing the chute with the radio actually breaks the mission. It would be nice to have some options there, like not replacing an existing backpack, or having the long range radio as an item that can be placed into a backpack (much like, for example, the mine detector or the medic kit).

Also, I know it's been argued against, but the fact that you have to set up the radio frequencies every time is mildly annoying. Maybe it would be possible to make a server-side configuration that allows for the radio channels to be set up automatically... just an idea.

Apart from that, great mod. We're considering adopting it for our Arma 3 sessions.

Hi, Great mod!

We have been testing and and we're loving it. We may replace ACRE with this.

I do have one question with regards to the mod's API, or request if it isn't implemented yet;

How do I change the volume of the whole mod?

The equivalent in acre is: acre_sys_core_globalVolume, which is primarily used in medical systems to prevent the unconscious player from hearing direct and radio speak clearly.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

We tested TFA Radio in our last Arma3 session at CiA and quite liked it. Setup was pretty hassle-free and worked basically out of the box.

There are a few things that were problematic, though. The team leader's backpack is always replaced with the long range radio, and that means when you start with a parachute in mid-air, it will be a pretty rude landing. In this case, replacing the chute with the radio actually breaks the mission. It would be nice to have some options there, like not replacing an existing backpack, or having the long range radio as an item that can be placed into a backpack (much like, for example, the mine detector or the medic kit).

I had the same concern, but I found a solution for it at their wiki page: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/README_EN.md#to-mapmakers.

It won't help with existing missions of course.

Edited by Phoenix_ZA
grammer

I had the same concern, but I found a solution it at their wiki page: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/README_EN.md#to-mapmakers .

Yeah, existing missions is my main concern, replacing the backpack might be deadly (chute) or prevent you from reaching mission goals (if you need, for example, satchels in the backpack of the leader).

An inventory item would be the best solution for that, I would say

Yeah, existing missions is my main concern, replacing the backpack might be deadly (chute) or prevent you from reaching mission goals (if you need, for example, satchels in the backpack of the leader).

An inventory item would be the best solution for that, I would say

Good point yeah. We had that problem, too.

Also, I know it's been argued against, but the fact that you have to set up the radio frequencies every time is mildly annoying. Maybe it would be possible to make a server-side configuration that allows for the radio channels to be set up automatically... just an idea.

Apart from that, great mod. We're considering adopting it for our Arma 3 sessions.

Thanks for feedback.

1) Backpack replacing may be disabled via flag in mission. Also I'll definitely add exception for parachutes. If you on the ground - you always able to get you backpack back from the ground.

2) Frequencies will be presetted soon. You may check Zealot script in this thread as workaround for now.

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:32 ----------

Hi, Great mod!

We have been testing and and we're loving it. We may replace ACRE with this.

I do have one question with regards to the mod's API, or request if it isn't implemented yet;

How do I change the volume of the whole mod?

The equivalent in acre is: acre_sys_core_globalVolume, which is primarily used in medical systems to prevent the unconscious player from hearing direct and radio speak clearly.

---------- Post added at 21:58 ---------- Previous post was at 21:53 ----------

I had the same concern, but I found a solution for it at their wiki page: https://github.com/michail-nikolaev/task-force-arma-3-radio/blob/master/README_EN.md#to-mapmakers.

Will add global volume flag into API.

Hi Nkey...

Pretty nice job.

May I ask you for the radio class names to create a crate box with all the radios?. Long and personal.

I want to create a .sqf.

Is that possible???? If it is, would you be so kind to share it?

Hi Nkey...

Pretty nice job.

May I ask you for the radio class names to create a crate box with all the radios?. Long and personal.

I want to create a .sqf.

Is that possible???? If it is, would you be so kind to share it?

Class names for LR are in documentation. Currently it is not easy to give personal radio to player because each radio is unique item. Some API is planned for it.

Good idea, but how can I get information about the server? I need something like this - https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35591 (but it is unresolved). Another way - some flag, but mission editing (or some server-side addon) is required.

Have a server only addon that has a userconfig entry for the TS Channel Name for that specific server instance.

I have one question though how do i change the frequency of the long range radio or where do i get the radioqualifier from

what i have got so far

waituntil {player call haveSwRadio};
[call activeSwRadio, "55.8" ] call setSwFrequency; 
if (leader group player == player ) then{
	waituntil {player call haveLRRadio};
	[call activeLrRadio,?????, "90"] call setLrFrequency; 
};