nkey

Task Force Arrowhead Radio

Hi nKey. I have a stupid question, but you talk about TS's PTT for Direct Speech. Will this work if you use voice activation for a more natural feel, or do you 100% have to assign a key for TS's Push To Talk key for direct speech?

Should work with voice activation without any problems.

---------- Post added at 19:14 ---------- Previous post was at 19:10 ----------

Oh. My. Gawd. This is absolutely brilliant! I am determined to get this to work and make it our group's "default" radio mod. I particularly love how it is tailored to ArmA3, instead of having to use a jury-rigged version of ACRE (at this point).

Unfortunately, I am running into problems trying to get it to work. I believe I set everything up correctly, using the latest version of TS3 (3.0.13.1 x64). However, when I start the game TS3 spams me with "invalid parameter size" and neither radios nor direct talk seem to work (although the radio HUD pops up and I am able to use the radio menus).

Would anybody know why this is happening and/or how to fix it? I would be grateful for any constructive replies here; really looking forward to trying this mod!

Hello. Do you see any error message in the game (at the right top part of the screen)? Have you TS plugin enabled? Please copy me error messages. Is addon started on the server? Are other TS plugins\Arma addons enabled? Are other players able to use radios\dikrect talk?

Thanks you.

Sent you a pm, nkey. Thank you very much for the swift reply!

We noticed, when we die and respawn, PRC 152 are replace by PRC 148 ( with the same settings )

We noticed, when we die and respawn, PRC 152 are replace by PRC 148 ( with the same settings )

After respawn you'll get all radios you have before death replaced by radios of your faction. Settings of your active radio are saved beetween respawns. Or you got PRC 152 on the first respawn?

---------- Post added at 19:57 ---------- Previous post was at 19:41 ----------

Sent you a pm, nkey. Thank you very much for the swift reply!

Looks like problem solved - it is required to have at least 3 letters in Arma3 nickname.

Edited by nkey

Hey nkey!

Quick feedback: Everything is working. The problem was indeed my ArmA3 name. It should match the respective TS3 name. Or at least it shouldn't consist of less than three characters, which TS3 is not able to deal with.

Thank you very much for your dedicated help - this mod is utterly fantastic. Really enjoying it!

I'll keep a close eye on this thread! :)

Edited by The.D

We were bluefor when we tried, with 152 at the start.

That happend with a revive system, I will try with an other and whitout later.

Based off of the open souce link, we are allowed to create new radios and new sounds?

Yes, but it is better to communicate somehow to merge all the work into single addon - to avoid problems with incompatible versions.

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:16 ----------

We were bluefor when we tried, with 152 at the start.

That happend with a revive system, I will try with an other and whitout later.

Looks like after respawn you became INDEPENDENT or something related (not west, not east)...

Well, I tried with BTC Revive, and I have the same problem ( and it seem i'm always a west unit ).

No problem with the standard respawn.

Some friends also told me the radio "beep" with long range radio ( when someone else is using the radio ) are really hard to hear.

Well, I tried with BTC Revive, and I have the same problem ( and it seem i'm always a west unit ).

No problem with the standard respawn.

Some friends also told me the radio "beep" with long range radio ( when someone else is using the radio ) are really hard to hear.

1) Ok, will check for BTC revive compatibility in next version

2) Please check this:

a) It is recommended to disable the TeamSpeak built-in alert sounds: Options> Notifications> Sound Pack: "Sounds Deactivated". To use this option, restart TeamSpeak.

b) Make sure the volume of alerts is not turned off in Team Speak: Options > Payback > Sound Pack Volume - set a positive value (used as volume level for beeps)

@RoadField : i found the way to make it more "hearable" , you need to go on the ts3 settings -> Playback -> raise the sound pack volume

@nkey : Nice addon , i really like the attention you put on the underwater environement but i have some remarks :

1- You should create a radio crate with all the radios

2- a squad radio can be very usefull like the PRC-343 for internal squad communication

3- it can be really nice if we can have multiple radio active at the same time (exemple : Radio A SW PRC 152 set on channel 1 , Radio B SW PRC 152 set on channel 2) so we can hear the two different channel but speak on 1 radio AND/OR select the radio by pressing SHIFT + 1 or 2 depending on the radio menu.

4- Change the distortion sound which make me thing my connection is lagging

5- Add an option to turn off the volume of the radio quickly for some tvt when you need to be silent and hear everything around you

Anyway thanks for that great mod !

@RoadField : i found the way to make it more "hearable" , you need to go on the ts3 settings -> Playback -> raise the sound pack volume

@nkey : Nice addon , i really like the attention you put on the underwater environement but i have some remarks :

1- You should create a radio crate with all the radios

2- a squad radio can be very usefull like the PRC-343 for internal squad communication

3- it can be really nice if we can have multiple radio active at the same time (exemple : Radio A SW PRC 152 set on channel 1 , Radio B SW PRC 152 set on channel 2) so we can hear the two different channel but speak on 1 radio AND/OR select the radio by pressing SHIFT + 1 or 2 depending on the radio menu.

4- Change the distortion sound which make me thing my connection is lagging

5- Add an option to turn off the volume of the radio quickly for some tvt when you need to be silent and hear everything around you

Anyway thanks for that great mod !

1) Will think about it

2) Hm. You may use PRC-152\168\Fadak for it as wel....

3) You may have several radios in the inventory and hear all of them. You will speak to your "active" radio. You may switch active radio from the menu (opened on Ctrl + P if you have more than 1 radio).

4) I have plan to switch to real software radio codec

5) Just press Num7 (or 1-8) to switch to unused channel

As someone mentioned earlier I also think the sound quality on the LR radio is too good, almost sounds like direct speech.

The Quality of the radios them self are really nice. Better then ACRE's if I may say so. Good work, keep it up.

nkey is it possible for this to work with teams being in more than one channel on a ts and still work? I.e Blue in channel 1 red in channel two and work when they get close? so that talk in direct but radio normal. as the way community works people in more than one channel.

Our group will be doing the final stress test with 20 players next weekend. If it does as well as we think it will, it will be our radio mod of choice:)

Thanks for the hard work.

We will test this radio from now on 7 Days. There will be a Event with 50 Players in this time, so...I will write down my experience with it.

Also a question. With this line in the init.sqf :

tf_no_auto_long_range_radio = true

There should be no Radio on the back right? It doesn't work 4 me.

please help.

------solved-------

You have to put this line in one of the first lines in your init.sqf.

It should load at one of the first scripts in the mission.

But there is another question:

Is it possible to put stuff in the backpack?

Edited by Cigar0

If the model is configured as a backpack it should be possible to give it some carry space, I'm only assuming at the moment without looking that it is a backpack that as carryspace = 0

There is a long range radio effect, but it is much more clear than such on personnel radio (uses low pass filter).

Long range radios are backpacks, so Arma engine handles dropping.

okay. good explanation.

but then again, is it possible to enhance/turn up the radio effect on long range radio?

because I see the "transmitting on LR" notification but didn't really feel the radio on effect though.

and is it possible to keep the radio backpack instead of letting the Arma engine drops it?

nkey is it possible for this to work with teams being in more than one channel on a ts and still work? I.e Blue in channel 1 red in channel two and work when they get close? so that talk in direct but radio normal. as the way community works people in more than one channel.

Not possible now - but check for "serious mod" and "TaskForceRadio" channel in documentation. Plugin will automatically move all the players (from channel 1 and channel 2) to "TaskForceRadio" on game start and move back on the game end.

---------- Post added at 06:55 ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 ----------

Is it possible to put stuff in the backpack?

In backpack with radio? Possible, but just some little volume.

---------- Post added at 07:07 ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 ----------

okay. good explanation.

but then again, is it possible to enhance/turn up the radio effect on long range radio?

because I see the "transmitting on LR" notification but didn't really feel the radio on effect though.

and is it possible to keep the radio backpack instead of letting the Arma engine drops it?

I will do some work on effects in near future (will try to move to real radio code).

Hm... You should not hear any effect during "transmitting on LR" - because it is you talking :)

Regarding backpack - not sure about it, possible not.

We play with this mod every Friday and Saturday(Weekly Open Games), about 100-110 players. It works properly.

Ok its not working with BTC.

The good thing is that you will not lose your inventory stuff after reviving.

But your radios will change from blufor to independend. Thats a little bit crazy ;-)

Ok its not working with BTC.

The good thing is that you will not lose your inventory stuff after reviving.

But your radios will change from blufor to independend. Thats a little bit crazy ;-)

Looks like BTC does some tricky stuff and leads to:

(side player != west) and (side player != east)

Could you try to execute "side player" after revive?

thx for this mod...but how i´ll do the encrypting of the radios for coop. i know i have to add this code:

tf_west_radio_code = "_bluefor"; tf_east_radio_code = "_opfor"; tf_guer_radio_code = "_independent"; - but where and what values i´ve to change???

thx for the help...!