code34

Dynamic Civilian Life (DCL) scripts

would be cool to have some new features to make it the best Civ script ;) Random house patrol, some sort of hiding away from enemys and/or dont walk around if gunfire/enemy near.

how to make a counter if they disappear if players leave the spot? like "if more then 5 civ (or if 95%) are dead -> trigger -> town is lost.

how to make a counter if they disappear if players leave the spot? like "if more then 5 civ (or if 95%) are dead -> trigger -> town is lost.

Hi, can you explain a bit more :)

Code34 this is a much needed add-on.

Can you stop the civies from running around too much?

Secondly, can you add this so they only spawn in a marker area, as opposed to a radius around teh player. The reason being, I wish to make missions where combat indicators are used (presence of the abnormal or absence of the normal) so in a village when you get there , the civies have all cleared out, indicating an enemy presence.

Hi

Code34 this is a much needed add-on.

Can you stop the civies from running around too much?

in fact, it s the walk.sqf that is not really the dcl script. You can replace it by script you want like ied script, or by a script that do nothing, etc.

Secondly, can you add this so they only spawn in a marker area, as opposed to a radius around teh player. The reason being, I wish to make missions where combat indicators are used (presence of the abnormal or absence of the normal) so in a village when you get there , the civies have all cleared out, indicating an enemy presence.

DCL uses an array of poping positions. Civil appears when a player is near of one of this position.

You can add all your poping conditions to DCLcountplayer function (that uses as input the trigger list of ANY units in the zone). If you set the return by 0, no civil will apears.

Hi, can you explain a bit more :)

Sorry, didnt see your question the last time i looked here. My intention was for a mission that in one town spawn like 30 civ's. So your mission is to secure the town and hold it. Not more then 5 civ's must die or the town is lost. while the mission is active, civ's should be friendly to the players and enemys for the other side and visa versa.

you certainly can do it with this script but you have some changes to do :)

I hate to bump an old thread, but I cant get this to work with the latest patch - am I missing something?

i just check the original code and it works on local.

take the zip, unzip in mp directory, check, it works.

Do you test it in local ?

i just check the original code and it works on local.

take the zip, unzip in mp directory, check, it works.

Do you test it in local ?

no, on my server and on LAN.

Just a thought, it was a Zeus mission where I was Zeus, sending AI into a town (just to test the script) - maybe AI doesn't trigger it? That's probably where I went wrong.

Edit: yep, AI doesn't trigger it. Ran into a town myself and works perfectly :)

Edited by ToxicSludge

wondering if someone could help im using the script which is great for what im looking for. I just have a scripting question i want the mission to end when x amount of civ are killed

it couldnt work as dcl use dynamic spawn, and this script is call one time. You should integrate a part of the code in the dcl script ;)

You'll need to add an event handler to each civilian spawned, which when killed adds 1 to the counter.

This can also allow you to check for who actually killed the civ, so if one decides to be stupid and jump off an office building. You don't have to count it against the player side.

Sorry guys, i need help, do you know how to use this script in the maps of the addon @A3MP, expecially in Bystrica

thanks in advance

you can set the DCLaltistownpositions variable with the town positions of your map :)

the config file is:

DCL/init.sqf

Nice features... but i don't understand how to manage the number of civilians generated !? Oo (too many)

you can reduce the size of group. Choose 1,2 instead of 5 :)

it's for sure the first thing i've done but even with 1 group DCL generate 90 civilians in Kavala... killing the framerate.

it lacks a setting to lower the population (even if it's good to be calculated by the size of the town)

It could be a setting for probability, for example: spawn between 20 and 100 % of the population

So we could lower the population with a simple setting.

I could do it... but i don't understand easily how. Your help would be appreciated.

you can set the DCLaltistownpositions variable with the town positions of your map :)

the config file is:

DCL/init.sqf

how do I get the town positions for clafghan amra 3 import I wanna use this script on there

I don't understand how the population is calculated and how to lower the population...

90 civilians in Kavala and a few AI in there and the framerate is under 20 FPS... without the civilians: 45-55 FPS

I don't want to exclude kavala in my OP

Could you give me any tips ? i wanna lower the population at night and have less civilians in big cities

I just need some tips to modify the script by my own !

Edited by XoO

hi guys,

if you want to add some town positions, you have to add it by yourself cause there is no parsing method in this script.

if you want less people in towns, you have to modify this parameter : DCLgroupsize = 5;

or remove some towns position in the DCLaltistownpositions

it s a very basic script i made a long time ago, don't hope it will contains a lot of features :)

Hi, love this script. Thanyou for writing it.

I have one question with the headless client though.

My client is called HeadlessClient ... but in EMP Rcon it shows it as headlessclient.

If I enable the headless client using.

// HC client
DCLusehclient = true;

// HC client name
DCLhclientname = "headlessclient";

or

// HC client
DCLusehclient = true;

// HC client name
DCLhclientname = "HeadlessClient";

No civ's spawn .. if I do disable the HC they do spawn.

Any idea why ?

hi,

for debuging purpose, you can replace thoses lines by this line:

if(!(isserver) and !(DCLusehclient)) exitwith {};

if(!(!hasInterface && !isServer && name player == DCLhclientname) and DCLusehclient) exitwith {};

if(name player != DCLhclientname) exitwith {};