code34

Dynamic Civilian Life (DCL) scripts

Thanks, but a little confused.

The EH once fired - checks to see if it is a player and the side is West if it is then just place a maker and change the score.

Where/ how does it change the Side, and how do I go about resolving it ?

Unless you use addRating on the WEST player, once you kill enough civs (2 I think), you become side ENEMY and therefore your check won't pick you up.

You could either add in another check of <side (_this select 1) == ENEMY*> or you could top up the players rating using addRating so they don't become an enemy if they kill a civ.

If you want to test it, add a killed EH to some civ units in the editor that queries the players side (and rating). Then shoot them all.

* = might be sideEnemy and not just enemy. I can't remember right now.

Edited by Das Attorney

Cool thing gave the Mp Coop missions more ambience.

The only thing is that the arrested position of the civilians when someone shoots, dont confirm to every mission type.

Is there a possibilty to change that, so that the civilians will run away or something like that ?

yes you can change that by removing the eventhanlder :)

Some clarifications about next release ;) I had to change interface of the DCL design.

The reason for that it is that DCL was from warcontext engine as module and was not design to run as a standalone script.

During this last days, i cleaned a part of the code, rebuilt it as a standalone. I'm not sure if it will be the definitive design but it will nearest of the way i need it for my next works.

Impact will be certainly for you to change the call method, or fix your code if you did some changes in the DCL code.

Edited by code34

I've got this downloaded but haven't tried it yet. I'm very interested in script versions of something resembling TPW's civ work but MP compatible and generic across maps... which is why I am going to try yours ;)

That said, feature requests?

1) Town occupation. Set side and strength variable. Might have prohibition against civ vehicles (no cars in that town) and/or curfew (no civs on street after certain time). Strength might suggest the use of APCs, fortification, etc. Would be nice to see a fortified town with sentry manned road blocks on town perimeter.

2) Civs in houses and on the streets with a variable for day/night time (more inside, fewer on streets at night, the opposite for day), also possible curfew (see #1).

3) Civs in cars. Same day/night variable as civs on foot. Added variable if the town is occupied, per #1.

4) MP compatible house lighting, generic across maps. Maybe fewer after 2400. Also house radio, per TPW mods, with randomization of "channels" and a way to easily configure custom "radio" sounds in the script. Included with lighting as if no lights are on probably no radio will be on either.

TPW also has ambient boats, animals and aircraft as well. These add great immersion in SP but have problems in MP. Multiplayer compatibility is a priority for me. :)

Also interested in map compatibility as I'd love to be able to run one set of scripts on Altis+vanilla or something like Clafghan via AiA with mods. Markers, triggers?

Thanks for the work! Going to try it now and will report any feedback I can supply.

Hi Oktyabr,

if you are looking for MP tpw adaptation, i remember someone gave a link on the first page of this thread ;)

The DCL will be fully oriented on pedestrian civilian cause i worked on other subject trough another scripts.

hi,

download the file, import it to arma3, try it as a host in MP and it does not work.

init.sqf not found is the problem if i try to play the example mission.

need help

Flea

hi, check if the dcl directory is in your mission root directory.

Edited by code34

ok now it works thanks.

This is a plea to BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE

please add Female civilians.

To get ARMA 3 more realistic, only men in arma is a little bit strange. :)

greets

Flea

not for the moment, i m not sure it will be a very interesting release in kind of feature. It's only a project milestone for me :)

Nice script works fine , would be nice to be able to add stuff to Spawned Civilians i.e add a EH to all civilains
_civ addEventHandler  ['killed',{_this execVM 'civdeath.sqf'}];

so we can do stuff like monitor kills etc... a Search option to them all so we can search them so we can interact with them , and be able to plant Intel % of them - just some food for thought :)

I to would love to have the option of searching them, maybe have 1 approach a player advertising not to go a certain route, placing intel on them & lastly, ordering them to stay back if there's an ied. How about arresting them?

DCL is a vanilla version. You can add easly some functionnal features by replacing the walk.sqf script, by ied script or other like you want.

Hi Oktyabr,

if you are looking for MP tpw adaptation, i remember someone gave a link on the first page of this thread ;)

The DCL will be fully oriented on pedestrian civilian cause i worked on other subject trough another scripts.

Hi Code34!

Thanks for your work on this. The problem with TPW civs is that they are specifically oriented to Stratis and Altis, making use of a specific building type only found on those islands. Likewise they only use vanilla civs. I've posted in the TPW thread an appeal for a version that is more map friendly (to other maps) and civilian friendly (have Takistani civs on Takistan A3, for example). So, if you choose to concentrate on pedestrian civilians, like TPW, I would ask for map flexibility as my #1 request :)

Cheers!

hi :) the problem is relative to A3 map Altis. There is so much objects that A3 requires to pre parse the map cause it takes a long time to do. On A2, this script (in warcontext) dynamically parsed the map at the begining of mission to retrieve different town.

Have to see what can be done :)

Edited by code34

No rush! I'm just another gamer that misses the civ modules in A2. I look forward to whatever you might come up with. :)

I think one thing we really need is a broader selection of A3 civilians, since A2 and A3 "infantry" don't play nicely together. Would love to see more middle eastern type civs and some women!