Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

My first campaign

That's great to hear!

I am not going to upload the campaign on Steam Workshop or anywhere else until it's completely finished. Only the people from this board who feel eager to test it is going to be able to test it.

There is totally 14 missions. I will send you the campaign as Singlemissions for the sake of testing. I will send those who are interested private message with a link so you can download it.

I'll send it to you monday evening. This is because I noticed some problems with the AI.

I wouldn't mind testing the missions! And what about voice-overs, still in need of those?

Jepp. :)

Null problem, fix those AI issues and PM me the link when you feel confortable with the missions, I´ll playtest ASAP ;)

cheers!

That's great to hear!

I am not going to upload the campaign on Steam Workshop or anywhere else until it's completely finished. Only the people from this board who feel eager to test it is going to be able to test it.

There is totally 14 missions. I will send you the campaign as Singlemissions for the sake of testing. I will send those who are interested private message with a link so you can download it.

I'll send it to you monday evening. This is because I noticed some problems with the AI.

Jepp. :)

Well, I am willing to record whatever you need. I have quite some time at the moment so a large role shouldn't be a problem. My mic isn't the greatest but if you add on a layer of radio static or something it'll do the trick just fine. Just let me know what you need!

Well, I am willing to record whatever you need. I have quite some time at the moment so a large role shouldn't be a problem. My mic isn't the greatest but if you add on a layer of radio static or something it'll do the trick just fine. Just let me know what you need!

Thank you, sounds good. I have been thinking about adding a narrator voice aswell. It will keep the player more engaged with the storyline.

I came to think about something: I have used htune_objects in order to make it possible to place objects from arma 3 vanilla, but will that mod be required in order for other people to see these objects?

I have been thinking about adding a narrator voice aswell. It will keep the player more engaged with the storyline.

This is a great idea. I don't remember any mission or campaign doing that. You'll need to get a really good narrator, with a good quality microphone, though. Otherwise it will do more damage to immersion than good.

This is a great idea. I don't remember any mission or campaign doing that. You'll need to get a really good narrator, with a good quality microphone, though. Otherwise it will do more damage to immersion than good.

I thought about something similar to how it was in ARMA 1.

Due to the fact that the story in my campaign is very simple, and does not have much depth, a narrator voice would be a good complement, because it can be used to tell something about the story.

By the way, the campaign is ready for testing. If you would like to I could send you a private message with download link.

Arma 1 had a narrator? I have no recollection of that. Do you mean like a news reporter or an actual naration?

I'd love that, I do hope ill get around to testing it with all that annoying RL :)

Arma 1 had a narrator? I have no recollection of that. Do you mean like a news reporter or an actual naration?

I'd love that, I do hope ill get around to testing it with all that annoying RL :)

Yes, sort off:

Here is some news: I have found a british voiceactor for my campaign. He has a music studio and is able to provide high-quality samples.

I am currently writing down all his lines aswell as adding new lines that will function as narrator voice. Once all this is done, there is just one more campaign test left to single out any errors.

Then there is a last finishing touch. So the campaign is ready to be released very soon.

It's going to be released on Steamworkshop and Armaholic.com.

Edited by Cyper

I've had no reply from the voice actor I found. So I'll have to look for another one. This is a pain..... a serious pain. This project is going to take forever I'm really fed up with it lol.

Wow! For your first campaign this is really really cool! Keep up the good work man!

I've had no reply from the voice actor I found. So I'll have to look for another one. This is a pain..... a serious pain. This project is going to take forever I'm really fed up with it lol.

If you're still looking for voice actors I'm willing to give it a go.

Good luck to you, mate! Looking forward to the campaign!

I have found a new voiceactor. Unfortunately, they guy have catched a cold.. so more waiting.

Besides voiceacting for the main character, I need some voice acting for secondary characters, so that might be a good idea.

If you're still looking for voice actors I'm willing to give it a go.

Besides voiceacting for the main character, I need some voice acting for secondary characters, so that might be a good idea.

Thing is, I need high-quality sound.

I have found a new voiceactor. Unfortunately, they guy have catched a cold.. so more waiting.

Thing is, I need high-quality sound.

I'm happy to do secondary characters if you need it.

Previous Work:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316725316&searchtext= (Voice of LT. Givens)

I am by no means a professional. Just a volunteer looking to contribute to the ArmA community.

I'm happy to do secondary characters if you need it.

Previous Work:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=316725316&searchtext= (Voice of LT. Givens)

I am by no means a professional. Just a volunteer looking to contribute to the ArmA community.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I stand on the same place as I did two months ago. It's been whole year since I started this topic. Now I am just sitting down rolling my thumbs waiting. It's the same story as with the first voiceactor - the new voiceactor gave me a 10sec testsample but have not replied to me in a month. This is one voiceactor, and the only one at the moment, but I need at least three more.There is a lot of promises but not much action. If I don't find voiceactors then I will have to scrap the whole campaign. I might tell that there is absoloutely no way I release neither the campaign, or even a single mission from it, with no voiceactors. And I don't accept text-to-speech voiceacting either because it sounds horrible I only accept samples with good quality, e.i no samples with lots of noice or whispering voices.

In the end of the day, people becomes motivated in voiceacting if they think its worth it, and if they don't, they ignore it. Or its simply that the dialog I have written is so bad that they lose all their motivation to help out with it in the moment they read it. In that case I have to re-write the whole dialog for the campaign. But none of the voiceactors have even played my campaign, and none of them have given any feedback on the dialog. I really don't know what I am doing wrong. What I know is that if I do my work well, people will get interested, and if I do my work bad, people will ignore my work or lack interest in it. The only purpose to release the campaign is if people want to play it or else its waste of time. If its rubbish then I might aswell scrap it because why spend time to release utter rubbish?now.

I already have started to work on a new campaign, on a new island. That campaign will be storydriven and feature roughly 25-30 missions. If more people are interested in that campaign, and if I manage to get more attention with it, I might get more people to be willing to help me out. Because the only part I can't do myself is voiceacting.

Edited by Cyper

Don´t be so over self-critical Cyper, your campaign is great, with those nuts and bolt I´ve suggested maybe become awesome, but you can deal with the fact that maybe it could work out without voice acting if it is too hard to get help on that matter... maybe post MANW the "voice acting" market becomes accessible again as people are jumpy cus there´s this competition...

Anyway, don´t give up, you said you´ve done some interesting campaigns to A2 which were never released, so who could judge them "bad" if you were the only one who delt with it? Release as beta and harvest some feedback, I´m certain ppl could be way more firendly than you may expect it... and the Danish community would love to see a campaign with Dannish MARSOC =D (sorry if I maybe spoilt some details, but it is guerrilla marketing after all ;)

cheers!

Hi Cyper - PM me some time if you like, regarding voice acting. I could point you in the right direction, perhaps? To be honest though, I'd recommend working on the campaign and script for as long as you can. When you're 100% happy with it, search for VA talent :) Good luck - keep up the hard work!

;2808903']Don´t be so over self-critical Cyper' date=' your campaign is great, with those nuts and bolt I´ve suggested maybe become awesome, but you can deal with the fact that maybe it could work out without voice acting if it is too hard to get help on that matter... maybe post MANW the "voice acting" market becomes accessible again as people are jumpy cus there´s this competition...

Anyway, don´t give up, you said you´ve done some interesting campaigns to A2 which were never released, so who could judge them "bad" if you were the only one who delt with it? Release as beta and harvest some feedback, I´m certain ppl could be way more firendly than you may expect it... and the Danish community would love to see a campaign with Dannish MARSOC =D (sorry if I maybe spoilt some details, but it is guerrilla marketing after all ;)

cheers![/quote']

I'm glad you like it, and I hope other people do that aswell. I have put a lot of time and effort into it. As soon as I get the voice acting, I will release a beta of the campaign for a few people to do a last test.

My goal is not to release the campaign to the community until polished so therefore I want to avoid a beta release. Voiceactors shouldn't be a problem really.. I know they are out there. Its not really much work for the voice actors.

Its basically just to read about 3-4 pages. For each actor, about just one page.

Hi Cyper - PM me some time if you like, regarding voice acting. I could point you in the right direction, perhaps? To be honest though, I'd recommend working on the campaign and script for as long as you can. When you're 100% happy with it, search for VA talent :) Good luck - keep up the hard work!

Thanks, that sounds good.

I just want people that I can trust. It's no fun when people say they can do something and then they simply vanish when the time comes. It isn't really that much dialog either. There is nothing extraordinarycomplex about it. Its very simple dialog. I have been polishing the campaign a lot... when I go into the editor I rarely know what to fix anymore. There isn't much I can do until the last beta test.

A voice actor on armaholic have finally messaged me back. It seems like this campaign might get released after all.

I made a demo so I can demostrate it. A little bit of spoiler alert though.No subtitles yet. It's from a mission in the middle of the campaign.

Wow, people may try to diminish, but voiceacting gives a great immersion boost on a mission, glad you finally found someone to take upon the job!

I hope this motivates you to release this (and others campaigns you keep on the shelves)

cheers!

Yes it does indeed! I have already received the dialog from the voice actor from mission 1 to mission 15. Main character is therefore done - only thing left is to add it to the voice to every mission along with subtitles.

Then I just need one or two more voiceactor for some minor dialog.