Sign in to follow this  
Donny

A3 Toolsuit - Installation Issues

Hello all,

it is a really nice news to see that there are now compatible tools available!

Now I have got a problem...

After Binarizing my Mods I got an error ingame "Cant load object ..."

This happens with every Project folder I binarize with Addon Builder.

The Logfile cant read and open the textures, materials, etc.

I have downloaded the Arma 3 Tools via Steam, started Addon Builder for the registry entries.

Then I configured my Oxygen 2, A3 viewer etc.

As I was searching for a Solution I have deinstalled the A3 Tools again, then deinstalled the BI Tools 2.5.1.

Next Step was, I have reinstalled A3 Tools via Steam, started the Addon Builder - but then there was no registry entry dialouge.

It started immediately.

Is it normal that the Arma 3 Tools dont install a P drive?

Is it still needed? Or not?

Further solution searching was to install only the P drive from the Tools 2.5.1.

Reinstalled the Arma 3 Tools, but also that doesnt help.

Then I thought, lets go back to the roots.

Deinstall the Arma 3 Tools, Reinstall the Full 2.5.1 Toolsuit.

But now, sadly even with that Step, my Addons are not working after binarizing.

My thoughts about that is, that the A3 Tools registry entries are still in my System and causing errors during binarizing, but I cant find them via Regedit.

How can I find the registry entries of the Arma 3 Tools?

What steps have you done to install the new Tools correct?

Help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,

Donny

Tips I can offer;

After running the tool install program, run ArmA3 tools from Steam once (otherwise you get a CfgConvert error).

The long list of file types in option in BinPBO needs to be added to AddonBiulder as well.

Use a DePBO tool to check the contents of your final PBO.

I'm typically not using a P drive, but my Buldozer preview isn't showing textures probably as a result.

If you don't use P drive you have to tell the new O2 where you main addons folder is via options.

I don't rely on register entries, I manually start the new tools directly from their exe's.

Has anyone made a "from start to finish" tutorial regarding the new A3 tools and bulldozer setup??? Gnat I tried to use your A2 and O2 tutorials(which were great by the way), however once I wanted to convert my P: drive to A3 standards I fear I have messed something up and bulldozer will not start from the new O2.

I use P drive like i always do and have no problems.

-What i did was simply just backed up my E:\TOOLS\ArmAWork folder (what represents P drive). (renamed it to ArmAWorkA2 whatever)

-Created new empty E:\TOOLS\ArmAWork folder.

-Used mikeros arma3p to extract all the content to the new folder.

-copy the arma3.exe and req files to the new folder and renamed it to buldozer.exe

-Start o2 at least once via steam tools and set the new path in the ext viewer options

"p:\buldozer.exe" -window -buldozer -noland

dont forget to add the list of files to copy directly in addon builder options

*.pac;*.paa;*.rtm;*.sqf;*.sqs;*.bikb;*.fsm;*.wss;*.ogg;*.wav;*.fxy;*.csv;*.html;*.lip;*.txt;*.bisurf;*.shp;

Content of my P Drive:

213kwhv.jpg

I still can use old installed tools this way, withouth deinstall or reinstall something.

Edited by Atsche

Has anyone made a "from start to finish" tutorial regarding the new A3 tools and bulldozer setup??? Gnat I tried to use your A2 and O2 tutorials(which were great by the way), however once I wanted to convert my P: drive to A3 standards I fear I have messed something up and bulldozer will not start from the new O2.

Check out the one I just posted. Walks you through how to install it from scratch. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?169128-Tutorial-New-Oxygen2-Install-Guide&p=2564621#post2564621

Abs

PS: Thanks for your post above, Atsche. Wouldn't have been able to resolve my issues without you.

Thanks for the hints and Tipps and also your Tutorial Abs.

My problem is that he says "Cannot Load model xyz.p3d" since I installed Arma 3 Tools.

And also, when I try to binarize the project files on my laptop, that I used some time ago for a seperate binarisation (that works ingame on my desktop) dont work.

So I really dont know what is wrong here, in the binlog it is telling me that it cant open any rvmat that is assigned and included in the projects data folder.

I know it works before A3 tools was released, I have re setup my system after a long solution search but also this, with a pure BiTools 2.5.1 installation the models cant get loaded ingame.

And I say - Every model, if its for a2 or a3 - he cannot load it and also cant find assigned material files.

In the BUlldozer and on O2 from the biTools 2.5.1 it works fine and can load every assigned texture and material.

I have also setup a quick simple test addon with fresh files, failed also.

So dont know, its like a curse for me to prevent me from doing mods for arma because I know it was working before.

To the a3 tools installation with Abs tutorial, just tried it now, Bulldozer crashes while loading - but maybe another error.

Got an Idea what could be broken?

Maybe its just a typical simple error?

Help please :)

I am having issues with the Addon Builder not retaining the "list of files to copy directly" info that I inputted. Basically, ever time I close the application it erases the info. What do I have to do to get this working properly.. I am running W8.

**I re-posted here because I think this is the more appropriate thread**

Well.. I decided to just use BinPBO instead. Is

there any difference between BinPBO and Addon Builder?