Sign in to follow this  
wingnutt270

Altis map misaligned/off

I think this is the root of my artillery issue..

I set an enemy tank next to a building in the editor..

go in-game

IN GAME the tank is next to the building, exactly where I placed it, yay...

pull up the map.. it shows the enemy tank... but its nowhere near the building.. its 150M away in the middle of a field according to the map..

Call in artillery on said tank.. click on where the map shows the tank (middle of field).. Arty hits right next to the tank (within reasonable distance) right next to the building..

Call in artillery on the LOCATION on the map where the tank is, I.E. next to the building.. artillery lands way off in the field, nowhere close.

So basically If I refer to the map. building markers, landmarks, anything like that... and call in fire support based on the map it doesn't land where I selected..

I tried this multiple locations and with the same result.. the map's coordinates do not seem to jive with the actual terrain..

Shit. I've literally been having the same problems with AI arty missions firing but not landing (as far as I could tell, I guess it just hit way off). Are you using the Dev Build?

EDIT: Yes, I can confirm this as a bug. All values on the map are translated north by ~200 meters when passed to variables / scripts. Can someone make a ticket? This is rather important. [Of course you could manually compensate for this as I'm currently doing]

Edited by UltimateBawb

When you place an AI unit in the editor it might relocate to a position where it doesn't collide with anything.

helocopter taxi modul the same ^^ in arma2 works fine . no copter come 100m on other direction land on tress houses walls. today i have need 20 copters - kevala was full with wracks ^^ positon was 3 big free places. not one will land on this spot and crash in houses tress and others . then i walk .... in arma 2 copter come and search for the next free spot from you a and land.

When you place an AI unit in the editor it might relocate to a position where it doesn't collide with anything.

This is not the case, re-read my original post.

"IN GAME the tank is next to the building, exactly where I placed it, yay..."

Can confirm, map is misaligned. PLEASE FIX

Edited by defk0n_NL

You should make a mission that shows this issue exactly and will show it everytime.