Sign in to follow this  
HeliJunkie

[Early Preview] 3D Editor

Hi All.

I Made a little tool to convert csv File to mission.sqm

You can now join the new mission.sqm file with your own mission.

Some error message but it works !!!

GitHUB Source : https://github.com/ChristopheTdn/FSF-FreeDee_CSV_To_SQM

Executable : http://server.clan-fsf.fr/fsftools/FSF_3DedExporter.rar

It need DOT NET library...

Tomorrow I will have a play and see what nice scenes I can create and import for use in my communities campaigns and Ops. I really like the interface of this 3d editor the best I've used so far, I tend to make myself dizzy with the fov though.

Sorry Dudes, got an email to my private account in german from an anonymous account.

Because I can't answer him over normal channels, I wanted to reply him here:

Hi Leute,

hab diese Email an mein private Adresse bekommen, welche ich euch nicht vorenthalten möchte und außerdem dem Absender hiermit eine kleine Antwort liefern möchte, da der Schreiber sich hinter der Anonymität versteckt:

Von: Anonym im Internet

@FreeDee_V021-3D-Editor

Einstellungen und Tasten werden dem FreeDee_V0_021-3D-Editor-Handbuch benutzen.

Wenn ich die Shift und Pfeiltasten benutzen, dreht sich das Objekt nach links bzw. nach rechts,

aber zur selben Zeit steige ich mit der Kamera nach oben und sehe das Objekt nicht mehr.

Somit ist die Shift-Taste völlig nutzlos.

[shift] + Pfeiltaste links, Objekt im Uhrzeigersinn (Kamera steigt nach oben, außerhalb der Sichtweite des Objekts)

[shift] + Pfeiltaste rechts, Objekt gegen den Uhrzeigersinn (Kamera steigt nach oben, außerhalb der Sichtweite des Objekts)

[shift] + Pfeiltaste nach, Objekt nach oben verschieben (Kamera steigt nach oben, außerhalb der Sichtweite des Objekts)

[shift] + Pfeiltaste unten, Objekt nach unten verschieben (Kamera steigt nach oben, außerhalb der Sichtweite des Objekts)

Ich kann zwar in ein Fahrzeug einsteigen, aber es ist finster wie in einem Bärenarsch.

Nur die Kamera bewegt sich, nicht die Person und ich renne doch nicht Hunderte von Meter oder Kilometer zu Fuß.

Wird ein Objekt in der Map gesetzt wird das Bild völlig verzehrt, aus einem 5m Pickup wird ein 60m Pickup.

Da ist der 3D-Editor aus ArmA3 umlängen besser und nicht solch ein Müll wie der @FreeDee_V021-3D-Editor.

Lieber Anonymous,

ich möchte hier nur auf den letzten Satz eingehen.

1) Ich habe nie behauptet, das der Editor besser ist als der 3D-Editor in Arma3

2) Würde es helfen, das Wort "Preview" zu verstehen. Aber ich kann dir schon mal verraten wie man es nicht übersetzt: "Fertiges Produkt, ohne Fehler, mit allen nur erdenklichen Features und einem Qualitätsstandard eines Multi-Hundert-Euro Programms und das aber kostenlos".

Mit besten Grüßen an den kleinen Feigling, der solche Mails über anonyme Konten versendet.

Hi All.

I Made a little tool to convert csv File to mission.sqm

You can now join the new mission.sqm file with your own mission.

Some error message but it works !!!

GitHUB Source : https://github.com/ChristopheTdn/FSF-FreeDee_CSV_To_SQM

Executable : http://server.clan-fsf.fr/fsftools/FSF_3DedExporter.rar

It need DOT NET library...

I used your .exe and it works well for turning my FreeDee missions into editor mission all though it requires some voodoo. The FreeDee mission i made was on proving ground using @A3MP, I used your .Exe to make a mission.sqm and at first it was just telling me a flat "Failed to load mission" so i tried loading Altis and merging it in, it still said "failed to load" but this time the objects were down at the bottom of map. I then loaded up proving ground again and tried merging it and it worked, It did tell me "file is read only" but was fine to edit in ArmA 3.

It was a bit hit and miss though when i tried it with a different version I could no longer get it to work. I will keep at it and try to narrow down a method, I really like this editor so I really want easy conversion to ArmA 3 editor.

@Helijunkie: that dude is just some troll trying to demotivate you, don't let him startle you

i really like your work so far, so keep it up, i am really looking forward to it.

German comment:

Solche Vögel muss man leider ertragen können.

/German comment

@PenguinInATuxedo :

To import a mission.sqm in your own map, you have to

- create a directory with the name : mymission.< name of the island > (by example myfreedeework.takistan if you work on takistan).

- Put in this directory the mission.sqm made by my tool

- Open your mission in the editor. This mission must be on the same island you made your Freedee work before.

- Do fusion with the myfreedeework.takistan (like said in example). There is a error message but anyway, the import work normally

- save you mission.

Hey RedPhoenix,

Just wondering if you found a fix? I am having the same issue with crashes.

I've turned all other mods off and installed the redist etc.

Thanks,

Mattnum

Nope, nothing.

@PenguinInATuxedo :

To import a mission.sqm in your own map, you have to

- create a directory with the name : mymission.< name of the island > (by example myfreedeework.takistan if you work on takistan).

- Put in this directory the mission.sqm made by my tool

- Open your mission in the editor. This mission must be on the same island you made your Freedee work before.

- Do fusion with the myfreedeework.takistan (like said in example). There is a error message but anyway, the import work normally

- save you mission.

Do you know why the A.I becomes "empty" when i try to convert CSV > SQM ?

they lost all info about Faction, Behavior and anything else... just standing as a brainwashed men... also the Vehicles lost all the info and become "empty".. i am doing something wrong in the process ?

Do you know why the A.I becomes "empty" when i try to convert CSV > SQM ?

they lost all info about Faction, Behavior and anything else... just standing as a brainwashed men... also the Vehicles lost all the info and become "empty".. i am doing something wrong in the process ?

The tools only imort objet from CSV. I don t really understand why the import modify your IA or vehicle info in your original map. Work like a charm on my config. Give me source of your work if you want (your mission.sqm and your csv file). I will test that...

The tools only imort objet from CSV. I don t really understand why the import modify your IA or vehicle info in your original map. Work like a charm on my config. Give me source of your work if you want (your mission.sqm and your csv file). I will test that...

Its just a test mission with some rifleman and tanks, but i will send this to your private msg box ok ? its a big code even for such a small test and i dont know how to use "spoiler" function to dont spam the forum :p

@tempestriser : i see your CSV file. The tool is made to convert "INERT" Object with... NO-SIDE. Information from side is not send in th CSV file. And i don t want to test where a UNIT come From (they are so many ;-))

You can use the tool only for placing Infrastructure and import them into a mission.sqm.

For the moment....

@tempestriser : i see your CSV file. The tool is made to convert "INERT" Object with... NO-SIDE. Information from side is not send in th CSV file. And i don t want to test where a UNIT come From (they are so many ;-))

You can use the tool only for placing Infrastructure and import them into a mission.sqm.

For the moment....

Got it, thanks for ur attention :D

My Arma crashes if I want to start the mission.

rpt here: http://pastebin.com/ziXS5BSE

Netframework and C++.redi are installed.

Same here.

Mods: @FreeDee

Distribution: 0

Version 1.10.114700

Fault time: 2014/02/04 14:20:09

Fault address: 76B72EEC 01:00011EEC C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll

file: FreeDee (__cur_sp)

world: stratis

Prev. code bytes: 75 1F 21 4C 24 10 8D 04 24 50 FF 15 28 03 C2 76

Fault code bytes: 8B 4C 24 54 33 CC E8 9D A2 FF FF 8B E5 5D C2 10

Registers:

EAX:01E2AFF0 EBX:00000005

ECX:00000005 EDX:00000000

ESI:01E2B0B4 EDI:00000001

CS:EIP:0023:76B72EEC

SS:ESP:002B:01E2AFF0 EBP:01E2B048

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00000216

=======================================================

I have the same problem, when i start the game everythink is OK, click on scenario => Altis , then it's starting to load, and at the end i received a error arma3 crash :/

I've two problems.

1. I cant export.

There is no HEJ_3D Folder in my Documents and the Files also don't appear in the import funcion.

2. If the export would work, how do i import the work to an existing mission?

thx for any help

Hi,

i'm using also Arm2Net for my project. I have several pc's for testing. On win7 32/64 everything working file. On win 8 x64 arma will crash when i will start the mission with my project.

I think it could be a permission error or another thing different between win7 and win8.

What windows versions are you using?

Ok now the HEJ_3D folder and the LOG/CSV Folder was created. But i still can't export anything.

I'm using Win8 and unfortunately i don't have a Win7 to test it.

Okay sometimes I'n not a smart man -.- I had the wrong version of C++ Redistributable...

Now my question is: How do I import a CSV file to a mission file?

I start the mission but i cant use command Start Editor :/ .... I get resource HEJ_3D_Main not found

Edited by duzda

I start the mission but i cant use command Start Editor :/ .... I get resource HEJ_3D_Main not found

me too, im going to wait for update , tool looks promising

Very, very impressive work.

Suggestions:

1) Add a menu option to toggle between snapping objects to terrain normal or maintaining perfect upright position when placed.

2) When selecting multiple objects and rotating them, all objects should maintain their positions and directions relative to the object that was selected first, so that groups of objects can be rotated as if they were a single object.

3) When holding the shift key, increase the speed that the camera moves and that objects are nudged. When holding control, decrease the speed that the camera moves and that objects are nudged. Rotate the camera by holding the right mouse button rather than the middle mouse button.

4) Add the option to export a clean mission.sqm containing all placed objects under sides BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, and under the EMPTY side, all objects except Misc, Modules, and Locations so that we can load this mission.sqm in the default editor and add waypoints and whatnot.

5) If at all possible, remove the unwanted movement in certain directions when making fine position adjustments of objects that have been rotated, as this problem makes perfectly lining up two objects to form a larger structure difficult. This effect is small and relatively unnoticeable, and other editors released by AAA companies (such has HALO's Forge mode) have this problem to a much greater extent.

Reasoning behind these suggestions:

I came across this mod seeking a way to carefully construct fortifications and bases, such as on Altis in the northwest where buildings are scarce.

At first, I wrote a script which will take all objects selected by Zues then gather their class names, positions, and rotations and then transfer this data into a clean mission.sqm and copy it to the clipboard, so all you have to do is load up a Zues mission, build a base, select all items in the base, press the key, then paste it into a text document and save it as mission.sqm.

It worked perfectly, after loading up the mission.sqm in the regular editor I had a map with all those objects normally unavailable in the editor perfectly placed, I could go in and add waypoints, units, and modules.

But then I tried to actually create a real base. I ran into a frustrating problem. Zues lacks precise movement and control of objects, and it is very frustrating to work with fortifications such as fences. Unlike large buildings, small objects are snapped to the normal of the terrain rather than kept level, making the creation of a decent looking wall all but impossible.

So I gave your editor a try. The controls are not fluid like Zues, but the precision is top notch. Unfortunately, I ran into a similar problem to the one I was having when trying to actually build a fortified outpost. Some objects snap to the terrain normal, and there is no button to level them out!

When trying to create a bridge to an island on Altis using piers, I noticed they all went caddywhompus when I would place them. The only workaround I could find was to place a pier on the flat runway, copy it, then move my camera all the way over to where I wanted to actually place it!

This became quite tedious as I wanted to quickly place down objects to see what looked good where, and I had to rapidly open and close my map to move my camera.

I also found it frustrating to "deselect" objects, as I would often move then accidentally when trying to click somewhere in empty space. Only moving objects when the mouse clicks and holds over the bounding box would help with this, rather than allowing a click and drag operation anywhere on the screen when the object is selected.

I also did not like that I couldn't export a mission.sqm, and had to find a separate converter to convert the files. I also ran into some errors when loading up the missions in the regular editor after converting them. It would be nice if we could generate a very rudimentary mission.sqm that only includes static objects. Basically, a mission.sqm that ONLY includes anything placed under BLUFOR, OPFOR, Independent, Civilian, and EMPTY->Default excluding modules, locations, and misc. Then we could load it up quickly and add in waypoints and whatnot. It shouldn't be terribly hard to do this at all.

Additionally, I noticed that when doing precision alignments by nudging, objects would move in slightly the wrong direction along their local x and y axes. This probably has to do with a problem in the precision of the coordinate system in ArmA and the use of floor or cieling commands, but I have no idea. You can see this by taking a smooth object (like a pier) and rotating it randomly on a flat surface, then copy and paste it and try to line the two up so they are perfectly flush. When you zoom in and look at the "seam" you will see that as you nudge it close to its partner, it also moves slightly to the left or right when you did not want it to.

Also, when rotating multiple objects that are selected at the same time, they do not maintain their positions relative to each other, all of them spin about but remain in place. This looks pretty, but it is almost entirely useless functionality. It would save tons of time by allowing us to place multiple objects, get them lined up, and copy paste the conglomeration wherever we want it then rotate the whole thing into place.

The last thing that irked me was that I kept hitting shift to move the camera faster, and ended up slowing it down. shift to move the camera slower seems counterintuitive. I would swap shift and control so that holding shift moves the camera faster and also allows you to nudge faster, while control slows those features down, yet I would keep shift for rotating and control for raise/lowering. The middle mouse to rotate the camera seemed off as well, I would use right click instead.

Edited by jwllorens

Hey jwllorens,

this is what I call a great feedback!

Thx for this!

Export to missions.sqm is in progress. Currently my spare time is very rare to force development.

Will try to take your suggenstions into account.

One thing in advance:

I reserved the right mouse button for a context menu. So I used the middle mouse button for turning the cam.

Context menu may contain something like your suggestion to level an object straight up.

Good to hear you're still working on this, maybe you can look at the way MCC turns objects into mission.sqm and work from that.

i cannot find the export file... anywhere.

when i click export the window just closes back to the editor, i check documents but nothing

[EDIT]

my arma 3 is installed on drive F

my OS is installed on drive C

using the correct -mod=.... to launch

i deleted all the arma2net to run this addon due to crashes when loading the mission every time.

when deleted it works.

any idea? because i really need this right now lol

Warning Message: Resource HEJ_3D_Main not found when the mission has started up

Edited by tyl3r99

HEJ3D doesnt exist on my whole pc after searching.

http://puu.sh/7Y94O.jpg

I exported multiple times and no luck,

the warning message still occurs after every time I start the mission that HJ3D main etc cannot be found

if you plan to work on the addon any more, can i suggest a feature where you can select where you save the .CSV file etc please.

Edited by tyl3r99