igor drukov

A few no-respawn COOP missions

Gentlemen

Sorry for the late reply, real life has got the better of me, lately.

@Variable:

Awesome video, Variable, it looked like great fun!

Thanks for the reference to Psycho's set of scripts, which I didn't know - I've actually been reworking the missions with another revive system, but your input convinces me to make further changes...

As to Hack n' Blast:

You're looking for documents in a big white warehouse located east of the massive tower. An action should appear in your action menu when getting close to the desk that is in the ware house.

I tested that many a time, so it should work...

@GiorgyGR

The missions are designed and tested to be played on a dedicated server at elite level with default settings, and no addons.

I aim at both enjoyable gaming experience and plug n' play comfort.

This of course does not mean that other mods cannot enhance gameplay, but I can't test them all, and I also suspect some scriptings conflicts might arise.

But Variable and CiA seem to have used at least two without any issues - so it seems to be working!

@Günter Severloh

I do tweak the AI.

Definitely.

About every setting I can tweak.

My aim being - an enjoyable mission that's challenging, cooperative and plug n' play - on default at elite, basically (see post to GiorgyGR).

This of course means defeating aimbots, so by all means have a look at what I tried to achieve, and see for yourself.

That's the philosophy (its application, well, is another matter for you to judge :)).

As to revive... I'm mostly implementing it for the friends I play with. In my heart of hearts... I don't like it.

The best formula in my very humble opinion is no revive, some sort of complex medical system, and, of course, no über-AI shooting you in the head through a thick bush with their back on you from 700m. with no optic (the one massive showstopper of this game, no doubt).

This is also the reason why I'm hugely interested in Psycho's system (thanks again Variable for the reference!).

Thanks for reading me, hopefully an update and some new stuff will be released soon.

Igor

We played "Hack'n Blast" again yesterday on Comrades in Arms, and I have to say it is easily among the best, if not THE best, mission I've seen so far on Arma 3. It constantly keeps you on your toes, makes you scavenge for ammo and supplies, it's really how guerrilla warfare should feel like. Great, great mission, and in spite of the fact that we haven't managed to finish it yet (we did almost yesterday, extraction was the only thing missing), it's just an outstanding mission.

Been fortunate enough to serve as Igor's Arma3 combat buddy and testplayer of all of his missions since... well, way back (a 2005 tour in Afghanistan with a great french mod for OFP).

This pack is so far delivering one of the best experience I've played in the Armaverse: not only are they challenging and rewarding, but they're covering a nice scope of settings and moods.

What I like best about Igor's approach, though, is how he aims at creating missions that are both immersive and ever changing. Immersive, because even though every mission in this pack can be played as a stand-alone, or they can be played in any order, I love how the storyline how one mission flows into the next as the war between CSAT and our guerilla escalates. Igor makes you really taste an asymetric warfare experience, pitching you as underarmed, outnumbered and combat worn guerilla fighters against a large CSAT force. (Also, I'm a sucker for nice punchlines in briefing notes).

The best part, though, is how you can play any of the 5 missions a dozen times in a row, and still feel it's a new one every time. Everything possible is randomized: objective locations, insertion points, exfil points, enemy forces, patrol routes, etc. The AI never shows up twice in the same spot, never in the same number - it takes hours and hours before you want to actually try another mission. And THAT really stands out in today's COOP missions for Arma3.

So if you haven't played these missions yet, your next target is the download button: enjoy!

Its been an absolute pleasure playing with such intense coop driven missions. Anyone who decides to play this mission suite has the journey of really discovering what Arma3 has been designed for. A veteran player that creates serious missions. Thanks Igor.

Variable/Ketsev! Really glad to see you still around. You should join us from time to time. I remember gaming with you back in ofp/23rd days.

Major Smiley! What a pleasant surprise... :) Will not hijack this thread, let's catch up offline.

Hi

What else to say than I'm grateful for those comments - really grateful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to phrase them.

Version 3.0 of the pack is now ready: missions have been fitted with Psycho's revive system, character customization (after Dsylexci's dialog), some streamlining, some major overhaul (Flare Woves) and, last but not least,a new mission , One Hell Swoop.

Please see the first post for details.

I'm hoping a few no-respawn coop players will like this - we know who we are :)

Hi

The pack's been updated with a new mission for 10 players, LRPP OPs.

Regards,

Igor.

Hi

Regards,

Igor.

Yes! Thanks Igor. Installing immediately on the CiA server.

Hi

Regards,

Igor.

Hey Igor,

In this mission, after a while, I had like 20+ options to first aid myself in the action menu.

Hey Igor,

In this mission, after a while, I had like 20+ options to first aid myself in the action menu.

Sounds like the mission is using an older version of Psycho's Revive that did cause that bug?

Thanks Igor for the best firefights I had in all of Arma. This video of Hack'n Blast is dedicated to you.

Hey Igor,

i am a big fan of your work mate. We played several times each mission of yours and i also made some videos.

If you have more... bring it :)

I don't understand why you introduced the character selection at the beginning tho, isn't a problem but doesn't fit your style. However that didn't stop up enjoying your work :)

Igor, following our Steam conversation, placing a reminder here of my point regarding the new version of the pack - clothing selection system is buggy, and a bit of an immersion killer. Hack'n Blast also didn't end after completing all objectives and hiding in the chappel, although played in previous version, you might want to confirm it does work on the latest. We also had some objectives jumping during the briefing (the "task assiged" icon alternating between all objectives, some weird stuff..) I really recommend you to use FHQ task tracker, it will be the end of any task and briefing problem, during the mission, during JIP and on dedicated server.

We also played one hell swoop last night - Great mission!

Few issues:

1. I think that parachuting into a town packed with hostile infantry and armor is enough of a challenge, adding such a strong wind is a bit over the top... ;) Without the the strong wind players will be able to actually steer themselves effectively and parachute to the AT point. Some wind to compensate against is a good idea, it's just too strong right now to allow for effective HALO.

2. Can't pick up backpacks from the crate, something was broken in the last Arma 3 update.

Hey y'all

First, thanks a lot Variable and aliascartoons for your reviews and constructive criticisms: they're invaluable. Thank you for taking the time.

Pack v5.0 now out: LRPP Ops has been fixed (hopefully) and streamlined. A new mission has been released: Data Raze. See first post for details.

To be done:

• fixing the spawn issue in One Hell Swoop
  • more missions!

Hoping some of you will enjoy this,

Igor

I got back into playing these missions after a long hiatus, and I've always loved One Hell Swoop, but there's a game breaking issue where if you're put into the unconscious state near an enemy, you switch to that enemy's side, and sometimes the AI allies are grouped too.  It's a very strange issue and it happens with another revive script I tested, and even Arma 3's built in revive system.  There's several references to joining units in the scripts, but I can't really parse through it effectively.  @igor drukov it looks like you haven't been around in a while, but if you have any insight as to why this could be happening that would be great.  This mission is highly underrated.  I'm not sure if the other missions have a similar issue as I haven't tested them.