Sign in to follow this  
Barabara

How do I force a CIV to get into a BLUFOR vehicle?

I've got a mission where a CIV is held hostage by BLUFOR and I want him to be moved about in a truck at different stages of the mission, but no matter what I try the CIV just won't get into a vehicle if there's BLUFOR in it.

Is there any way to force him in there?

There is absolutely space for him, the vehicle I'm now trying to move him into is completely empty.

vip assignAsCargo truck

[vip] orderGetIn true

All that will happen when this script activates is the vip will look at the truck.

When I try the above with a soldier they will at least run up to it, but won't get in.

Are independents set to be friendly to BLUFOR? Civilians are aligned with the Independent side, so they won't board a BLUFOR vehicle if Independents are not friendly to BLUFOR. Technically they are enemies. Is there a reason you can't just join the civilian to your group and order him to get into the vehicle?

You might consider just making the civilian BLUFOR in the first place, either by grouping him with a BLUFOR unit and deleting it, or just dressing a BLUFOR unit in civilian clothes.

Edited by 2nd Ranger

INDFOR is not friendly to BLUFOR. If I dress up a blufor soldier as a civilian, will he still be able to join an INDFOR group later on when the hostage is "freed"?

Also, how come NOTHING currently gets in the vehicle regardless if they're civ or not?