Sign in to follow this  
PFC_Mike

Claymores: they still used?

Or were they at any point, by the US military from 1980 onward?

Also, do or did the Russians use napalm or similar gasoline-based flame weapons in Chechnya?

Thank you.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 28 2002,21:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How can you retire a weapon with concise instructions like that?<span id='postcolor'>

By making OFP without them, my friend, by making OFP without them... sad.gif

As far as I know, they still use the Claymore. I was reading one of the US Army FM's, a section on the policy of the use of land mines. And they state that command detnoated AP mines like the Claymore are still approved for use. And this was a recent revision of the FM.

In other words yes, claymores are still in use today, and they shall probably be using it for yrs to come. Its a very powerful weapon against anyone. Until they can get the size down with the same explosive charge.

They aint small!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This side towards enemy.

How can you retire a weapon with concise instructions like that?

<span id='postcolor'>

Hah! that's what you think, I saw it happen more than once in basic training.

"Private, is that claymore employed properly?"

"Yes drill sergeant."

"Bullshit, then why the fuck is it pointed toward us? You're about as fucked up as a football bat."

Yes, claymores are still very common place. A staple infantry weapon, no grunt goes into combat without them. Fun fun fun to daisy chain them a hit the clacker before the platoon sergeant says to and make him deaf for about 2 hours. tounge.gif

You can also make homemade claymores with:

Det cord

C-4

plastic soap dish

100 mph tape

various and sundry shrapnel from previous demo shots. biggrin.gif

Do clays react on movement like they did in the DF games??

Seems hard to make something that reacts on movement... confused.gif

AFAIK they don't, at least not by "default"..

Unless some DIY bomb-maker like 11B "mods" them to do that.. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Aug. 29 2002,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Do clays react on movement like they did in the DF games??

Seems hard to make something that reacts on movement... confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Tell me, have you been to a homedepot store recently? If so, did you see the porch light section? If ye, ever notice how you can buy a light with a motion sensor for about 20 euro? Its not hard its easy, wether its usefull is another question.

Hmmm never thought about that smile.gif

We have one of those lights but i didn't even think about it biggrin.gif

However, motion detector triggered claymore would be stupid - at least

I don't want to kill all the cute little animals! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 29 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, motion detector triggered claymore would be stupid - at least

I don't want to kill all the cute little animals!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you gave me an idea ................... j/k smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Aug. 29 2002,14:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 29 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">However, motion detector triggered claymore would be stupid - at least

I don't want to kill all the cute little animals!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

you gave me an idea ................... j/k smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

A new way of deer hunting? tounge.gif

yeah ...... that's a problem ......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 29 2002,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...or a fat boy.<span id='postcolor'>

Horizontally challenged young male would be an appropriate way to say that. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (R. Gerschwarzenge @ Aug. 28 2002,14:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 29 2002,14:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...or a fat boy.<span id='postcolor'>

Horizontally challenged young male would be an appropriate way to say that. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Say what? That someone is the fattest bastard that i've ever seen?

Lol, sorry, couldn't resist it...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Horizontally challenged young male would be an appropriate way to say that. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The finnish official term for alcoholic or junkie or whatever is a real killer

(R.Gerschwarzenge please correct):

Sosiaalisesti työrajoitteinen = Socially work-challenged

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (LauryThorn @ Aug. 29 2002,15:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Horizontally challenged young male would be an appropriate way to say that. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The finnish official term for alcoholic or junkie or whatever is a real killer

(R.Gerschwarzenge please correct):

Sosiaalisesti työrajoitteinen = Socially work-challenged<span id='postcolor'>

I think that's the right translation. I hate these politically correct terms. They are fun but I don't want to be forced to use them.

i recently heard someone discribe an ex as "orally untalented" guess what that meant! biggrin.gif

"This side towards enemy" is funny, but it is even funnier what it says on the other side. "Do Not Eat"

Before I decided to go active duty I was in the National Guard, when we did training with dummy Claymores they weren't movement triggered. We had a wire running from the claymore to a little box that the person on watch held. When someone was coming you would squeeze the handle on the box a few times to send a small electrical pulse to the claymore detonating it.

I think it is either platoon or full metal jacket where you can see this in effect.