Sign in to follow this  
chammy

Getting error when installing OFP "error creating files" ijl15.dll

Yes I know, I am reinstalling OFP again, after 12 years heh. But I'm getting this messege when installing the Gold Eidition and Resistance; "cannot create files\program files\codemasters\operation flashpoint\ijl15.dll . I tried to restart though my computer will not fully shutdown now, but now I cannot run OFP at all. SHould I install patches at all? And where can I find the patches at since there are no more websites that will carry them, or that I can find? right now i am running it on Windows 7 and Intel Core Quad 64x

Edited by Chammy

Will i only need 1.99 or will I have to install each update in succession? I'll give it a try.

Dunno, it's written "from 1.xx to 1.99"...

Isnt this for ArmA and not for Operation Flashpoint??

This patch is for Arma: Cold War Assault, which is renamed Operation Flashpoint (as rights to OFP name has Codemasters). And besides:

THIS INSTALLATION IS LICENSED ONLY TO USERS WHO PURCHASED VALID LICENSE AND CD KEY OF ANY OF THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS

OPERATION FLASHPOINT COLD WAR CRISIS

OPERATION FLASHPOINT GOLD

OPERATION FLASHPOINT GAME OF THE YEAR EDITION

ARMA COLD WAR ASSAULT

If you have your OFP serial, you do not need to install OFP in order to install Cold War Assault available there :

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma:_Cold_War_Assault

The Cold War Assault installer is more than just the "patch 1.99" , it contains the full OFP + Resistance expansion already patched to version 1.99, so all you need is to have your OFP serial , download the CWA installer , enter your serial (or if you have already installed OFP, the installer will get your serial from your existing registry) when asked and you're set.

The Red Hammer campaign is not included (due to it being a Codemaster production, not BIS one)

Oh ok, i was confused thinking I didnt specify. Ok, im going to give it a whirl. thanks guys. I will be back to report if it didn't work or did

woohoo! it works! so I dont have to install any of the other addons weeeeeeeee!! Oh, but can I install and run the other mods with it? Like FFUR 08 and what's that other mod that features a south African conflict with the Tonali Island and BAS/JAM?

Oh, but can I install and run the other mods with it? Like FFUR 08 and what's that other mod that features a south African conflict with the Tonali Island and BAS/JAM?

You can run other mods with CWA (aka OFP 1.99) but some will require a bit of work. Some info in this thread:

FFUR SLX 1985 2.5 and CWA

hi, is the error issue resolved? Let me no Please

Yes it fixed it , as well as my patience. Actually i didnt install from the disc, this 1.99 is the actual game all addons into one.A big thanks to the genius who created this

Edited by Chammy

Hmm, after installing FFUR 08 , when trying to start it it says FFSX ; you must install the extra pack to play... and it gives me 2 options