Sign in to follow this  
abs

New o2 Issues

Could the fact that the tools and my copy Arma 3 (i.e all my Steam install data) are on a different drive partition to where my P:\-drive/ArmAwork data is held, be causing my difficulties with Buldozer not loading textures and proxies from P:\? Or are other people here running it successfully across a drive partition?

Might have to have investigate how to transfer my Arma 3 installs to the C:\ drive instead of D:\, and test it.

shouldnt be but ya never know , so far indications are loosely that Windows 8 is ok but WIn 7 having problems .

My armawork folder is on G: subst P

My game is on C:

Try the Dos Start up commandline IIRC was

P:

CD P:

"path to exe" pathomodel < apologies on a tablet google will find you the correct line

Problem:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

B6Srtml.png

Solution:

Seems like there was a game update. Delete the old folders and unpack the newly updated bin.pbo and core.pbo files to your P:\.

Problem:

Can't associate the new o2 with p3d files. When I find the path to the new o2 (c:\Program files(x86)\Steam...etc) it does not appear in the association window. (Windows 7 only?)

Solution:

Your path is too long. Reinstall o2 in a new "steam library" with shorter folder names.

Problem:

Cannot load texture a3\data_f\halfa.paa.

a2V0UVq.png

Solution:

- Create a new folder in your P:\ called a3

- UnPBO data_f in to this folder

Problem:

I get a black buldozer screen when I launch the viewer!

Solution:

You're missing the new P:\bin\ and P:\core\ folders. Delete your existing folders in the P:\. Unpack these two PBOs to your P Drive; they can be found in <gameDir>\Dta\.

I will add more as I come across them. :p

Abs

Edited by Abs
Clarified a few points...

Thank you mates, it helped a lot :)

Just my two cents: I had the black screen problem when rendering in bulldozer and I get rid of it by deleting my old P:\bin and P:\core I already had in P drive. Only after that I depboed DTA\bin and DTA\core.

I really HOPE BIS will make a proper stand alone installation (out of steam...) with contextual menu (send to Image2PAA)...

I belong to the people who create on a computer and play on another, STEAM is killing me.

If I Run Oxygen as administrator I got halfa.paa error but if I run normal (no administrator or from steam) I got "External Viewer: Attach failed. No Viewer found." and buldozer open with square box.

I have unpbo bin and core (also dta with unpbo bin and core) in P and data_f in a3 folder and all dll from arma 3

ajzp.jpg

what is wrong ?

Edited by The7even

Did you associate p3d files with the new O2?

Not sure if it matters, but try putting quotes around the path to your viewer.

Abs

Wheel in O2 & Bulldozer

Hw4eY1K8GE.jpg

:butbut:

Although worked well even in OFP.

I do not know exactly where the problem is, UV done right, it can be seen in other programs.

Edited by YSandro

The problem I'm having is starting buldozer as Arma 3. It just keeps giving the "External Viewer: Unable to create viewer" error. I extracted the bin.pbo, core.pbo, and the languagecore.pbo to my P:\ drive and my paths are correct.

Paths:

External Viewer: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -buldozer -window -noland

DLL Folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2"

Path for textures: P:\

Originally it would give the "External Viewer: Unable to create viewer" error but it would still start A3 as buldozer in windowed mode which would cause the model not to load in the viewer. But now it doesn't open at all, it just gives that error. It's not creating an A3 rpt. Any suggestions?

Hi. I think I found a solution to this problem. Now when we open Oxygen through Steam, a bulldozer pops issue "External Viewer: Unable to create viewer". But if you open the Oxygen entering the folder x: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arma 3 Tools \ Oxygen2 and clicking the application Oxygen2 this problem disappears.

Sorry for my english

Hi. I think I found a solution to this problem. Now when we open Oxygen through Steam, a bulldozer pops issue "External Viewer: Unable to create viewer". But if you open the Oxygen entering the folder x: \ Program Files (x86) \ Steam \ steamapps \ common \ Arma 3 Tools \ Oxygen2 and clicking the application Oxygen2 this problem disappears.

Sorry for my english

It doesn't work... I still have this error

I also found a solution. Star made ​​from scratch. No distortion.

Apparently p3d remained some old information about points. And we need to do import again.

mGmD93sHQs.jpg

Even so. When importing in old p3d, the UV will be broken. When importing in a new one, then everything is OK.

Edited by YSandro

@Abs I'm having the same texture errors you were, exact same. loading error for halfa.paa even though the file is clearly in the correct place "P:\a3\data_F\halfa.paa". I have reinstalled the whole folder three times already double checking my steps. Still same error :mad:

Issues that have caused me to have that error message:

- Not having the right bin and core folders. Did you do a fresh install of P drive?

- Registry errors. Did you try installing the tools in different folders? The uninstall does not happen cleanly, and I found that old registry entries prevented parts of o2 from working properly.

Abs

Issues that have caused me to have that error message:

- Not having the right bin and core folders. Did you do a fresh install of P drive?

- Registry errors. Did you try installing the tools in different folders? The uninstall does not happen cleanly, and I found that old registry entries prevented parts of o2 from working properly.

Abs

Roger that I had re installed everything. I disabled masking under the viewer options and it worked!!! Thanks everyone for these helpful posts!!

Roger that I had re installed everything. I disabled masking under the viewer options and it worked!!! Thanks everyone for these helpful posts!!

Glad you were able to get it solved. Did you follow my guide? If so, were any parts confusing/wrong? Looking for some feedback. :)

Abs

Originally it would give the "External Viewer: Unable to create viewer" error but it would still start A3 as buldozer in windowed mode which would cause the model not to load in the viewer. But now it doesn't open at all, it just gives that error. It's not creating an A3 rpt. Any suggestions?

I have the same, followed Abs' tut but getting this no matter what. Very annoying. People here say they fixed it but noone seems to say how.

only three fixes / causes for that im aware of

1 : your game updated and you need to renew everything from the dta folder in the route to your P :drive ( ensuring bin and core are not left in dta on p but packed outside on P root)

2 : you originally copied an exe from stable to P but then went to dev or vice versa and the shaders no longer match ( solution same as above and swap ..exe for new)

3 : you went with P : bulldozer setup for the Viewer exe by copying it and renaming it to the p:drive on Windows 8 instead of pointin straight to arma3.3xe in steam/common.

hope it helps

I have the same, followed Abs' tut but getting this no matter what. Very annoying. People here say they fixed it but noone seems to say how.

In his case he is using:

External Viewer: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe"

I recommend to put the exe in the arma work dir, so you dont need to care if theres an update or change.

my example: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?168995-A3-Toolsuit-Installation-Issues&p=2564547&viewfull=1#post2564547

External Viewer: "P:\buldozer.exe"

ok, resetting the viewer to arma3.exe in steam folder, and not to P:\buldozer as in the tut did fix it. Thnx.

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 ----------

Ok now the textures/materials/proxies from P:\ won't load, what was the solution to that one?

Sounds like the same problem I was having SA.

I think for some reason the bin/core/data_f files I was unpacking weren't decompiling properly since I only managed to get Buldozer to work fully after downloading the P:\ drive setup of somebody I knew who had got it to work.

Dunno if my version of Eliteness/PBOManager is out of date or something, or if I've not got it set up to unRAP something that needs it doing.

Ok now the textures/materials/proxies from P:\ won't load, what was the solution to that one?

i beleiev that in a2 tools when your exe and shaders didnt match , it would destroy one of the shader files , identifiable by it being 0kb in the bin folder on P, the new tools dont tell you that shaders havent matched it spits out the generic cannot attach viewer and simply goes on to run an empty A3 .

best bet as above is to first check BIN folder for a dodgey shader file and or simply re unpack from steam/root and replace them all.

in the latest dash to get the textures to work i just copird the Dta folder (the one with core and bin pbos) directly to p and all of a sudden its working :/ weird

i think the intention is that the P:drive requirement to have all the root pbos unpacked in there is going to be obsolete and this why now all core files can be in root and probably your own namespace on the root too so no need to have two lots of core files to refference .

I'm having the same issue (I think). Textures aren't being applied (I read through this thread and no joy) so far. Weapons just won't show textures, even to me if I don't have the source files in the P: directory. If I do then everything is kosher, but for those who are using my addon... If they have the P drive it works fine.