Sign in to follow this  
abs

New o2 Issues

Hi all,

I've installed the new tools released for A3 in the default Steam location, and I pointed my viewer to the A3 executable. Since then, when I try to run buldozer, I get the follownig error message:

a2V0UVq.png

Also, it says ArmA 2.

I do not have this texture applied to my model. When I close it out my model has no texture applied.

Is there something else we have to do to get it working properly with the P drive?

Abs

Edit: Also, I did run addon builder first.

Edited by Abs

Got the same issue. + no models are shown in the viewer/"buldozer", only a little square box is shown.

and nothing in the logs about it.

Got the same issue. + no models are shown in the viewer/"buldozer", only a little square box is shown.

and nothing in the logs about it.

I get that sometimes, the model shows if I restart the viewer again after that square appears though.

I changed the directory for textures and rvmats to the desktop.

So your modding folder has now been moved from P: to the desktop? :/

Also, I tried changing my Path for Textures to P: and the viewer spit out even more errors and then only showed me a black screen.

Personally, I thought P: was a nice and elegant solution. So far, I'm finding it annoying that I have to navigate my directories every time I restart Addon Builder. Also, I get the Steam update news when I run Arma3 as the viewer. Can we not get the tools as a separate download, please? Do they really have to be Steam integrated?

Abs

did you ran the Addon Builder via STEAM first? it' needed for paths writing to registry

Hi Dwarden,

Yes I did. I mentioned that in the first post, mate.

Abs

You need to extract the bin and core PBOs from the Dta folder in the ArmA 3 directory to your P:\ drive.

Do you have it working fine? If so, can you please share:

- A screenshot of your o2 File > Options settings.

- A screenshot of your P:

- The location you installed the new tools package.

Thanks SUPERNERD101. :)

Abs

All I had to do was copy the folders in those PBOs to my P:\ drive (like I had with those two folders from OA). I had the same black screen issue until I got the bin and core stuff.

My new tools are just where Steam downloaded them, the only thing I've changed in my P:\ drive are the new A3 bin/core folders, and the only thing I've done different in O2 settings is change the viewer path to the arma3.exe.

the way on windows 8 and still keeping P drive =

Run via steam once oxygen and addon makers this will register Hkeys then close.

then open oxygen set viewer Path

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -buldozer -window -noland

set DLL path : C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2

set Texture : p:\

unpbo the files as normal making sure files on P reflect the version in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3

it is no good to have dev branch in steam and stable on P

dx11 errors = you have wrong files or unpacked them wrong on P

a3\data_f\ halfa.paa error means you havent unpacked that folder on P .

if the game is starting and Model not showing , then it is possible you still have OLD a2 tools assigned as default programme to open >p3d extension and you have actually been setting that o2 and not New 02 , best here to uninstall or reassign the new o2 .exe to be sure you are infact opening new o2

Pettka has reffrenced to get rid of P however it seems the tools still expect a :p especially material editor ( p:\doc\MatTemplates is where it expects the templates to be by default) , maybe he was reflecting a wish not reflecting a present structure

I am sure they will work elsewhere but above is the way i have it working and all binarising well

Edited by Sealife

It finally worked!

Thanks all! :D

Abs

I still can't get it to load textures. It seems to ignore the fact that I have set Path to Textures to P:\

I've extracted data_f to my P:\ drive but it still gives me the error about not loading halfa.paa, and wont load any textures on my custom models either.

zohm.jpg

I still can't get it to load textures. It seems to ignore the fact that I have set Path to Textures to P:\

I've extracted data_f to my P:\ drive but it still gives me the error about not loading halfa.paa, and wont load any textures on my custom models either.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/thumb/855/zohm.jpg

I was getting this error until I unPBOd bin and core to the P: root.

Abs

I've tried it with bin and core unPBO'd to P:\a3\bin+P:\a3\core and then P:\core+P:\bin - Either path gets rid of the other popup errors but I'm still without textures.

what are your bulldozer parameters in O2 > bulldozer > not hide textures or anything and also selection masking = Mask texture ticked ?

Only thing I've got ticked in the viewer options is "Center to Pin".

If it's anything like old O2, having Hide Textures/Materials wouldn't result in the "cannot load texture a3\data_f\halfa.paa" error in buldozer anyway, so long as the texture was in the right location on P:\, which it is.

The texture paths on my custom models show up black in Mass Texture & Material renaming, and I can view them in Direct3D mode in the O2 viewports, so obviously Oxygen knows they're there. It's just Buldozer/Arma 3 that seems to dislike them.

Edited by da12thMonkey

Did you try running o2 from Steam? I know they said that Addon Maker needs to be run, but it might not hurt to run o2 as well.

Abs

If it's anything like old O2, having Hide Textures/Materials wouldn't result in the "cannot load texture a3\data_f\halfa.paa" error in buldozer anyway, so long as the texture was in the right location on P:\, which it is.

yeah i assumed you got rid of that error from your previous post , it doesnt actually show up as a texture noticeably anyway

what i was trying to say was that the only settings other than the ones you have described that may affect are the ones in my previous post . the only difference being if iread your postcorrectly is ypu appear to be saying you dont have masking = Mask texture ticked, if it is then we have same setup and it must be one of those stupid errors that happen but dont show

i would also open your model and bulldozer and check the created Oxygen2.log in the o2 folder see if there is something obvious as well as your arma.rpt

Sorry yes, I forgot to say I do have Mask Texture checked on under Selection Masking - O2 forces one of the selection masking options to be checked. I guess it's for that thing where "Buldozer" shows the unselected parts of the model in red if one or more face is selected. I have it set to the same in Old O2PE at any rate.

I meant that the missing halfa.paa was my only outstanding error - I have the feeling that it's there for the same reason my model textures wont show

O2 log has these:

18:07:00 - [0590](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2\gifload.dll

18:07:00 - [0590](Plugins) Invalid module. Missing link to InitPluginModule function (127)

18:07:00 - [0590](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2\jpgload.dll

18:07:00 - [0590](Plugins) Invalid module. Missing link to InitPluginModule function (127)

18:11:37 - [0678](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2\pacload.dll

18:11:37 - [0678](Plugins) Invalid module. Missing link to InitPluginModule function (127)

18:11:37 - [0678](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2\Pal2Pac.dll

18:11:37 - [0678](Plugins) Invalid module. Missing link to InitPluginModule function (127)

18:11:37 - [0678](Plugins) Loading D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\Oxygen2\UIDebugger.dll

Those don't look too healthy...

@Abs, yep did that when I installed yesterday and have repeated it today. I've also done both with "Run as admin" to see if there wasn't some sort of permissions problem

Edit:- Buldozer can't load proxy objects pathed onto my P:\ drive either

Think I'll have a go and see if uninstalling and reinstalling the tools package and redoing the whole setup procedure works out. Dicn't seem to work either.

Edited by da12thMonkey

This is my first installation of Arma tools so I do not have a P drive. I followed GNAT's tutorial on getting started along with some of the info on this thread about linking the viewer to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe" -buldozer -window -noland

It starts, but I am getting the same texture errors as others, but without a P drive I am unsure what to do next. Total noob FTW ;)

Could the fact that the tools and my copy Arma 3 (i.e all my Steam install data) are on a different drive partition to where my P:\-drive/ArmAwork data is held, be causing my difficulties with Buldozer not loading textures and proxies from P:\? Or are other people here running it successfully across a drive partition?

Might have to have investigate how to transfer my Arma 3 installs to the C:\ drive instead of D:\, and test it.

I've installed the tools on D: whereas the old tools, and ArmAwork directory are on C:.

Abs

[Edit: something is now fucked up on my computer. Windows won't let me associate opening a p3d with the new o2. I'm getting sick of uninstalling, redownloading, and reinstalling o2. Turns out that the folder path is too long to be accepted by Windows7.]

[2nd edit: Fixed an issue by dePBOing the core and bin files again. Looks like the update can bonk this shit. Will copying the Arma3 executable to the P: fix this issue?]

Edited by Abs

Sorry yes, I forgot to say I do have Mask Texture checked on under Selection Masking - O2 forces one of the selection masking options to be checked. I guess it's for that thing where "Buldozer" shows the unselected parts of the model in red if one or more face is selected. I have it set to the same in Old O2PE at any rate.

I meant that the missing halfa.paa was my only outstanding error - I have the feeling that it's there for the same reason my model textures wont show

O2 log has these:

Those don't look too healthy...

@Abs, yep did that when I installed yesterday and have repeated it today. I've also done both with "Run as admin" to see if there wasn't some sort of permissions problem

Edit:- Buldozer can't load proxy objects pathed onto my P:\ drive either

Think I'll have a go and see if uninstalling and reinstalling the tools package and redoing the whole setup procedure works out. Dicn't seem to work either.

I'm getting the exact same errors in the log file. If i start buldozer from a shortcut and then tell oxygen to connect it shows the model, with no textures, but launching from O2 never works