Sign in to follow this  
John Kozak

Do you want/agree with tinnitus effect (like in ACE2 mod) to be in core game?

Do you want/agree with the tinnitus being a feature of core game  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want/agree with the tinnitus being a feature of core game

• Yes, I'd like to see this effect added
    • No, it shouldn't be there
    • I'm indifferent here
    • I'm a teapot

please hell no i will play not ppiiweepp and then a with a plug in my ears - and the sound goes to hell ? no thanks. as a options k ok

Not like in ACE, it can be annoying, but it could be done in a different way, for example simple muffling of sound and deafness, but without high-pitched ringing

Not as in ACE. Yes, it is realistic and all but also annoying and may represent a real harm to some people with sensetive hearing or past problems with tinnitus.

A nice middle ground would be to have a quick *peep* on large explosions or when next to big guns such as arty and tanks. Hell, even COD does that now!

Mufflinig is also nice.

Kind of gamey but it works.

As long as it is optional (within audio settings, not difficulty) and it doesn't cause actual tinnitus I wouldn't mind.

As long as it is optional (within audio settings, not difficulty) and it doesn't cause actual tinnitus I wouldn't mind.

These are my requirements also.

As long as it's not optional and only for a maximum of 5 seconds and really faint. And perhaps accompanied with muffling of all other sounds.

And of course only with grenades and cannons.

Mostly, the so called realest simulator games are always played with its exclusive game devices.

So what is the exclusive device for a ACE build-in military game?

Do you think a keyboard and a mouse can let you feel real and professional?

I liked it that way it already was in original ArmA II...not that version with reduced immersion featured called OA.

Tintus affect yes! But e player can disable it via script like

enableTintus False

that would be nice

I voted "I'm a teapot" but my vote is yes ( why you put also that option, damn :cool: )

I'm surprised at how many people want to hear annoying sounds while playing a game. Muffled sounds are fine, but constant high pitched sound?

Lets simulate the need to defecate while at it. After all, it's what's needed for ArmA 3 to be a simulation.

Yes to muffled sounds.

Yes to tinnitus as long as it isnt too loud, make it somewhat muffled as well so it doesn't get annoying.

I'm surprised at how many people want to hear annoying sounds while playing a game. Muffled sounds are fine, but constant high pitched sound?

Lets simulate the need to defecate while at it. After all, it's what's needed for ArmA 3 to be a simulation.

Fatigue is annoying but do we remove it? No! Just because it's annoying is not an excuse. It's realistic and adds to the combat. If you don't like it then disable it via script.

I'm surprised at all the people who don't want to move forward from Arma 2's sound.

I liked how it worked in Vietcong

. There were 2 effects:

Loud weapon would reduce hearing sensivity. When using "hush puppy" (supressed S&W 39 pistol) player would hear even case falling into grass, while going full auto with AK would make him deaf to anything less loud than a gunshot for several seconds.

Explosions caused temporary deafness even to gunshots and whistle lasting several seconds. Effect depended on power of explosion and its proximity.

poll = too binary

i'd like the effect added, but this is so conditional... i'm not willing to pass a blank check on the subjectivity of all possible conditionals, specially just for the sake of realism. This is still a game.

Conditional:

1. tinnitus at highest common denominator threshold for volume disconfort (one player complaining means it must be lowered > define "player" and you see the can of worms opening).

Note: muffled sounds as an alternative is much less consequential, but still effective at impacting gameplay.

and i'm neither indiferent nor joking. :)

Fatigue is annoying but do we remove it? No!

But we do remove the blur effect that gives me a headache. ;)

Tintus affect yes! But e player can disable it via script like

enableTintus False

If only I could do this in real life x)

I think that it would be a good idea, but definitely have the ability to disable it; I already have to put up with it in real life, so I definitely don't want to hear it in-game, however I appreciate that some people would like this added for the realism.

What can I say, I'm a teapot ;)

Fatigue is annoying but do we remove it? No! Just because it's annoying is not an excuse. It's realistic and adds to the combat. If you don't like it then disable it via script.

I'm surprised at all the people who don't want to move forward from Arma 2's sound.

Tinnitus doesn't affect the gameplay at all. Fatigue does. In order for tinnitus sound effect to work, every other sound has to be muffled. Muffling of other sounds is the thing that affects gameplay, not the ringing. As I said before, yes to muffled sounds, no to tinnitus.

Not as in ACE. Yes, it is realistic and all but also annoying and may represent a real harm to some people with sensetive hearing or past problems with tinnitus.

A nice middle ground would be to have a quick *peep* on large explosions or when next to big guns such as arty and tanks. Hell, even COD does that now!

Mufflinig is also nice.

Kind of gamey but it works.

Although I have had my meetings with it, I think that it improves a lot immersion ( my former section was firing at the same time and I didn't use any kind of protection... Ergo ringing bells for three days -.- )

As long as there is an option to disable it.

If it's a difficulty option, there is literally no downside to adding it. I liked it in ACE.

Yes and no. I would be for a more muffled, VERY LIGHT tinnitus sound, but not the incessantly loud whining like in ACE.