Sign in to follow this  
machoman121

Arma 3 - slowly liking it the more i play

Still very much a newbie to Arma 3 - at first i felt very clunky with the numerous stances/keyboard command - but i'm improving each time i play - i am beginning to appreciate the small things in Arma which i initially didn't like - like one can't sprint forever in real life, i quite like the idea of saving the sprints and conserving energy in case i need to shoot accurately - and how when you are shooting at someone there's no hit marker to say you've killed them...u just need to see them drop - just like in real life.

Bought BF4 and played for awhile - now Arma 3 has spoiled me - in BF4 i was sprinting everywhere and if felt wrong. And the graphics in Arma 3 is incredible - very accurate. I hope Arma 3 continues to improve.

PS: BF4 must have been such a bad game to change my preference now to Arma 3.

Yea jams quite surprised after playing Bf4 on Ultra for a few days (friend wanted me too) then coming back to play a Arma 3 and being amazed at how much better the graphics were.

The main thing about Arma in gerneral that keeps me and my friends coming back is the fact it's realistic and no other game comes close to it. Even the developers are a million times better, carring and open then other games!

In fairness, Arma 3 actually runs at all on my system, which is more than I suspect would be the case with Battlefield 4...

It's the sandbox that does it for me. Still people should consider there's no real NEED for the clunkyness just to make it a sim!

I am at the stage in my gaming career that I only play Arma 3 since everything else is unrealistic in comparison. I sadly bought BF3 in the hope it would be like BF2 which in fairness was incredible, I wont even stick on BF4, one just gets to a stage where sandbox and realism is unbeatable.

Absolutely agree, its very hard to go to any other shooter after Arma 3, particularly with game-fixing mods like JSRS etc... I think give this game a year and it will be a classic.

The only thing holding it from utter greatness for me is;

- Sounds: Being worked on by JSRS and Speed Of Sound (each have their merits)

- Mid-Range Textures: This really bugs me and decreases the overall graphical fidelity

- AI: AI mods like FFIS are great but development has ceased - hope

I really hope that DLC will give us some new unrelated terrain (like OA did). All these great new toys but only one playground to use them in! (Yes I know about AiA)