Rydygier

Fire For Effect: The God of War - smart & simple AI artillery

I'm fine, thanks. :)

Indeed, see post 46. Nothing, I can do on my end, I'm affraid. As for AiA, I'm not familiar enough with it to be certain, if you should use with A2's assests FAW of FFE, depends, what AiA changes in the config of these, and what stays same. Perhaps try with FAW first, and if not working - FFE.

Edit:

Edited by LDU30

When using the script version (to enable server side) and adding the execVM code to the init.sqf, do I have to enclose it in 'if (IsServer)'?

I think so. For sure it shouldn't execute per each client, only on the server. Note however, It wasn't tested nor designed for MP - can't guarantee anything.

There is a hope - nearly same code is used as part of Hetman and Hetman is used in MP by some people.

FFE 1.13 released. Changelog:

- removed RPT spam for arty groups consisting members not manning artillery pieces.

Thanks for sending us the updated release mate :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

thinking of trying this out... Any experiences of running this on the Opfor... Are they uber accurate ? by setting individual Arty operators skill levels can we adjust that ? I'm looking for environmental enhancement not wiping out an entire patrol - if you know what I mean.

Which of RDS' pack weapons do work, which don't ?

Cheers for any advice - was hoping to get some African rebel mortar and M119 crews hammering our ops on Isla Duala

:)

SJ

I'm using it mostly for opfor. Accuracy is widely adjustable. In short factors affecting accuracy of the whole salvo are:

- distance;

- weather;

- battery leader aimingAccuracy skill;

- condition of the gun, he is manning;

- if that was subsequent try at a row for the same target;

- if it was second phase of two phased mode (adjust/for effect).

Accuracy is calculated refering to predicted target's position at impact (FO job, while he predicting that basing on actual AI knowledge about target positions, which also may be not accurate). Prediction may be wrong, which also affects final accuracy.

Single shell dispersion is vanilla calculated by A3.

and we have:

RydFFE_Acc (2 by default) – multiplier of whole salvo drift radius. The bigger value, the bigger

radius;

RydFFE_FOAccGain (1) – additional accuracy multiplier in second, FFE step of fire mission

due to adjustments after first step. The lesser value, the greater accuracy, must be not

negative. It is multiplied by spotter adjustments factor for FFE stage: (0.2 + (random 0.2))

that changes salvo drift radius;

However no matter, how low accuracy, there is always at least minimal chance of perfect hit, it's pure probabilistic dispersion.

RDS' IIRC last time, when it was checked rebelled against cooperation with A3's arty commands, thus wasn't working. It was few game versions back though, don't know, how it is now. Before that they worked. Anyway check manual, how to configure non-vanilla arty pieces for FFE.

Great feedback. Thanks Rydygier !

Will test it out

This is a great addon. I am having no issues making the RDS artillery and mortars work with the example code you provided in the manual, however I am unable to add Red Hammer Studio's rocket artillery in any way that works... Could you perhaps give me an example what the code would look like for an init.sqf entry?

The below names are from the specific RHS unit:

Class name: rhs_bm21_msv_01

Weapon: 122mm rockets

Weapon Class: rhs_weap_grad

Magazine Class: rhs_mag_40rnd_122mm_rockets

The above info was taken from http://doc.rhsmods.org/index.php/BM-21

Any help with this would be fantastic, this is such an easy to use module and very easy to configure for quick skirmishes in the editor.

Thanks! :)

Hi. At the moment no free time, but I'll try to check this, when possible. May take some days though... :)

Here's the thing:

In general - it works. But sometimes despite beeing theoretically in range etc. just refuses to respond on doArtilleryFire command, depending on exact distance to the target. IMO it's due to

, that you can see, when you act like a gunner and enter artillery computer. Then set some range mode and try to choose different positions. You may note, despite beeing between shown min/max range boundries, computer indicates "cannot fire", so typically only about half of theoretical range is actually reachable, while "check if in range" script would return true for whole this range.

Observed same thing for vanilla artillery, so it's A3 bug. IMO the cause of problems here. But after few distance changes I saw RHS BM-21 firing at the target under FFE.

Thanks for replying Rydgier, it's greatly appreciated. Just thought I would see if I was missing anything in terms of adding the correct script in my init.sqf file. I'll keep up to date with this thread and look for any updates when/if you get a chance. If you could, could you show me the code that would be used to add the RHS artillery and rocket addons? Btw, your Hetman artificial leader is absolutely awesome, it is far and above the easiest modification for creating large scale battles with any addons.

Thanks for your mods. :)

I used such init.sqf during the test:

RydFFE_Debug = true;
RydFFE_ShellView = true;
RydFFE_FO = [];

RydFFE_Add_Other = 
[
[["rhs_bm21_msv_01"],["rhs_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets","rhs_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets","rhs_mag_40Rnd_122mm_rockets","",""]]
];

[] execVM "RYD_FFE\FFE.sqf";

Other RHS artillery pieces IMO would be added analogously, as consequtive elements of RydFFE_Add_Other array. BTW I have to update FFE with the variation of the code used already in Hetman, that should add any vanilla or custom arty piece without any manual configuration. Only need more free time, than I have currently. :)

FFE 1.14 released. Changelog:

- added auto-detection of arty assets, that should grab and utilize also any custom made artillery without any manual config. Manual config left as an option/backup;

- Compatibility with Iowa battleship mod with following init variable to force this mode manually (check manual);

- minor code improvements;

- manual updated.