Hatchet_AS

ASDG Attachments

ASDG_BIF_AttHdr.png

asdg_att_atlis_mxm01_600.jpg

asdg_att_atlis_rahim01_600.jpg

asdg_att_atlis_mx01_600.jpg

The ASDG Attachments project is aimed at providing an array of high quality attachment assets to ArmA3. There are number of various attachments to come, and with any luck, most of them should arrive over the next month or two, or three. Maybe sooner, nobody really seems to know.

At any rate, we'll start off with the Atlis Bipod, which is a creative derivative of the "Atlis" bipod system developed by B&T Industries LLC. The bipod itself (standalone), is purely cosmetic at this point, although an optional 'tmr_autorest.pbo' can be found in the package (see notes).

Assistance is needed in resolving a functional and standalone, deployment and resting system. If you can assist, please contact myself or Robalo via PM.

Supported Weapons: Atlis Bipod (classnames: D = Deployed / S = Secured models respectively)

ASDG_Atlis_ABR_D
ASDG_Atlis_ABR_S
ASDG_Atlis_Katiba_D
ASDG_Atlis_Katiba_S
ASDG_Atlis_MK20_D
ASDG_Atlis_MK20_S
ASDG_Atlis_MX_D
ASDG_Atlis_MX_S
ASDG_Atlis_MXM_D
ASDG_Atlis_MXM_S
ASDG_Atlis_Rahim_D
ASDG_Atlis_Rahim_S
ASDG_Atlis_TRG21_D
ASDG_Atlis_TRG21_S

The short variants of these weapons are not supported. Nor are the GL variants. This is intentional. MLODs and relative resource materials will become available in the future. If so motivated, any individual willing and able can adjust things however they see fit at that point.

Requirements:

@ASDG_JR: These attachments are configured utilizing the standards within the ASDG Joint Rails project. As such it is required.

BIF Thread

Download from Dev-Heaven

Downlod from Armaholic

Notes:

The Altis bipod utilizes the PointerSlot on the weapons. You can not attach a bipod and flashlight, or bipod and pointer device. It's one or the other (for now). Additionally, each bipod set is modeled to a specific weapon, and can only be used on the weapon it is designed for use with. (This is sub optimal, but is what it is for now. Maybe forever.)

Optional: tmr_autorest.pbo

This simply removes the default 'invisible' bipod and related icon, and enables 'bipod' resting functionality only for weapons equipped with an 'actual' bipod (inclusive of BIS models with bipod/grip-pods). It does not affect the normal resting functionality.

HatchetNote: Sorry about the quick and dirty imagery (lots of sticks in the fire)! I just thought about adding a mission with all the required stuff to use these things (i use VAS, although it could use some filtering *wink* *wink*). Will add something useful/functional later this evening for those that find it handy.

Known Issues:

None currently.

Planned Updates/Improvements:

(Project Level)

- Add attachment item #2 (coming very soon)

(Atlis Bipod)

- Standalone resting feature needed. (if you can help solve this, please contact myself or Robalo.)

- Possibly add hiddenSelections (need to revisit that, had some technical issues first time around)

First and foremost, a sincere thank you to BIS for providing the sandbox and environment to do these things.

Many thanks to the modders/scripters/coders both old and new, whose work has inspired and taught us all a thing or two over the years.

@Robalo/Buehgler - Couldn't do it without you brothers! I mean I probably could, but it'd be ugly and take forever. Probably just wouldn't happen.

@AS Members - The revival begins. It's been an awesome decade plus so far, looking forward to the many years to come. Thank you for the dedication and support in everything we do. All Pro.

@Kiory - Appreciate the hours of issue bashing!

@Da12thMonkey - On the GEO LOD thought ... will keep those around from here on out. Thanks for that!

@Mikero - Thanks for the assistance and tolerating the sometimes redundant/incoherent lines of questioning.

@Randy - Nobody has helped me more regarding learning the BIS way. Much appreciated as always!

README:

README
======
ASDG Attachments
by Hatchet, Robalo

--------------------------------------------------------------
Component: @ASDG_Attachments\addons\asdg_attachments_c.pbo
Description: Configuration files for ASDG_Attachments assets.

Features:
- The configs and assests under ASDG_Attachments are separated to allow us to update configs without requiring users to download heavier asset packages. All config data is stored here.

Component: @ASDG_Attachments\addons\asdg_atlis_bipod.pbo
Description: Contains ASDG_Attachment asset models and textures for the Atlis Bipod.

Features:
- Atlis Bipod

Component: @ASDG_Attachments\keys\
Description: Contains ASDG_Attachment keys for servers (V2).

Features:
- Key(s). That is all.

Optional Component: @ASDG_Attachments\opt\tmr_autorest.pbo
Description: Modified version of the TMR autorest feature.

Features:
- Removes the 'invisible' bipod and related icon. Enables 'bipod' resting only for weapons with an 'actual' bipod (which includes the BIS models with bipods). It DOES NOT affect the default resting functionality.

README CONTENTS
===============

01. VERSION HISTORY
02. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
03. TERMS OF USE
04. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
05. INSTALLATION
06. REQUIRED ADDONS
07. NOTES
08. CHANGE HISTORY
09. THANKS

01. VERSION HISTORY
===================

0.10   | 19 NOV 2013 | Initial release.

02. COPYRIGHT STATEMENT
=======================

(c)[ 2013-2014 ] AlphaSquad.net. All rights reserved.

03. TERMS OF USE
================

This addon (hereafter 'Software') contains files to be used in the PC simulator "Armed Assault 3" (hereafter 'ArmA3'). To use the Software you must agree to the following conditions of use:

1. AlphaSquad.net (hereafter 'The Author(s)') grant to you a personal, non-exclusive license to use the Software.

2. The commercial exploitation of the Software without written permission from The Author(s) is expressly prohibited.

04. LEGAL DISCLAIMER
====================

The Software is distributed without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. The Software is not an official addon or tool. Use of the Software (in whole or in part) is entirely at your own risk.

In other words; If your computer should happen to explode, deform, implode or transform into some unknown and perhaps lethal entity, it sucks to be you. While it is our desire to produce error free models, configs and scripts, things happen. And as such, things cannot be guaranteed. Again, use of these mods is entirely at your own risk.

05. INSTALLATION
================

To begin using the mod(s):

1. Copy the .pbo(s) and .bisign file(s) to a '@whatevermod\addons' folder (xx\addons\xx.pbo). Launch the game with that mod and any additionally required mods loaded. For more information about addon folders please check these links:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Addons#ArmA_2
http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&q=18

2. There are server keys included with each mod. These can be found in the 'keys' folder inside the relative mod folder or 'opt'ional folder. These should be copied to your Arma3 root 'keys' folder. 

3. There is an additional and optional 'tmr_autorest.pbo' included in the 'opt' folder. In order to utilize this functionality, you must replace the 'tmr_autorest.pbo' inside @TMR\addons (or where ever you might have it currently). It is highly recommended you keep the original version. Simply rename it or copy it out somewhere safe.

06. REQUIREMENTS
================

Arma 3: 1.04.111745 or newer

@ASDG_JR: These attachments are configured utilizing the standards within the ASDG Joint Rails project. As such, it is required..
http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?167522-ASDG-Joint-Rails
https://dev-heaven.net/attachments/download/21200/asdg_jointrails-v0.7.zip
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23242

07. NOTES
=========
Comments and suggestions are welcome.

08. CHANGE HISTORY
==================

09. THANKS
==================
First and foremost, a sincere thank you to BIS for providing the sandbox and environment to do these things.
Many thanks to the modders/scripters/coders both old and new, whose work has inspired and taught us all a thing or two over the years.

@Robalo/Buehgler - Couldn't do it without you brothers! I mean I probably could, but it'd be ugly and take forever. Probably just wouldn't happen.

@AS Members - The revival begins. It's been an awesome decade plus so far, looking forward to the many years to come. Thank you for the dedication and support in everything we do. All Pro.

@Kiory - Appreciate the hours of issue bashing!

@Da12thMonkey - On the GEO LOD thought ... will keep those around from here on out. Thanks for that!

@Mikero - Thanks for the assistance and tolerating the sometimes redundant/incoherent lines of questioning. 

@Randy - Nobody has helped me more regarding learning the BIS way. Much appreciated as always!

The Files:

Download - ASDG_Attachments_v010.zip | Download - Armaholic.com

Download - ASDG_JointRails | Forum Link - ASDG_JointRails

DEV Update: (these updates are not part of the full package. but will be include in the next full revision (do not link please))

Download - ASDG_Attachments_C_v011a.zip | Adds dedicated ASDG Attachments Crate

Example Mission(s):

Download - ASDG_AtlisBipod_Example.Stratis

Edited by Hatchet_AS

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Thanks for the kind words, and very much appreciate the linkage Foxhound (OP updated).

Cheers

the bipods look great, but is there a weapons crate with your bipods or do I have to use the classname/codes? I'm unfamiliar with using the codes so any pointers would be appreciated

the bipods look great, but is there a weapons crate with your bipods or do I have to use the classname/codes? I'm unfamiliar with using the codes so any pointers would be appreciated

Fair enough. Let me think on the crate for a minute, might just go ahead and do that. I will be uploading a mission here shortly though, as an example of 'how-to' do these classname/code things. I highly recommend VAS, but that might be a little much if you're new to this stuff. ;)

Am I understanding it right that the there is a bipod for each weapon rather than one size fits all item?

Am I understanding it right that the there is a bipod for each weapon rather than one size fits all item?

That is correct and is due directly to the way the attachment system does not work. What we had to do here is utilize one of the default slots. The weapon models do not actually have a direct method by which to 'attach' things to the visible rails. Rather only the specific points/slots available in the models. I addressed those without rails with the 3way barrel mount.

The intent is for the barrel mount to become functional. And if that goes arounding to plan, we'll be adding in fairly functional rail systems to all weapons. More tinkering needed first. We'll take it as far as we can. BIS might update things to make it easier, we'll 'Adapt' if that happens.

OP updated with example mission for the bipods. I have some other things to do right now, but I'll address the crates tomorrow at some point.

is there any way to make it so u can switch from secured to deployed by pressing L? is this with in the technical limitations?

Hi!

While i really love the Idea, for some reason the system doesn't work for me. I have the following PBO's (and their bisigns) inside a Modfolder:

asdg_atlis_bipod

asdg-attachments_c

asdg_jointrails

asdg_jointrails_tmr

In Another Modfolder i have the TMR Mod, where i replaced tmr_autorest with your version, and CBA.

If i try to attach a Bipod to a Weapon (using Virtual Ammobox or out of a ammocrate) the Bipod just won't clip onto the Weapon. I tried with the MX (not MXC or MX3GL) and MXM, Katiba... and none of them worked correctly. Am i missing anything here? Do i need any other optional Config or Mod?

Thanks for this Mod and for any Help in advance - Elena.

Could this system be "tweaked" to put the flashlight on the bottom rail?

is there any way to make it so u can switch from secured to deployed by pressing L? is this with in the technical limitations?

It is possible. However given the number of attachments coming that need this type of functionality (and technical things), I'm still evaluating the best route to go. It is not possible to animate it unfortunately, which would be ideal.

Could this system be "tweaked" to put the flashlight on the bottom rail?

Short answer, no. Technically these bipods are utilizing the FrontSideRail within Joint Rails. Which is 'hooked' to the default pointerSlot that is actually 'hooked' to a memory point in the model. The placement of the bipods was unfortunately a process involving several dozen restarts for alignment. That being said, the intent is to hopefully provide a complete rail system. At which point the 'what can go where' will be a much friendlier scenario. I do have a couple flashlights in the mix.

THANK YOU Very much :) i just wanted to post this thing in the addon request thread i was thinking after watching Swiss mavericks vid. and those static tripod things on gun i was thinking is there any way that they can be moved or it is needed to make new model and just mount it and ofc i have no idea about 3D modeling (learning step by step ) so i was hoping some great guy will do it :) THANK YOU MAN you made everybody life greater with this :)

I'm unfortunately unfamiliar with what you speak of, perhaps the chatter in this post answers things for you?

Hi!

While i really love the Idea, for some reason the system doesn't work for me. I have the following PBO's (and their bisigns) inside a Modfolder:

asdg_atlis_bipod

asdg-attachments_c

asdg_jointrails

asdg_jointrails_tmr

In Another Modfolder i have the TMR Mod, where i replaced tmr_autorest with your version, and CBA.

If i try to attach a Bipod to a Weapon (using Virtual Ammobox or out of a ammocrate) the Bipod just won't clip onto the Weapon. I tried with the MX (not MXC or MX3GL) and MXM, Katiba... and none of them worked correctly. Am i missing anything here? Do i need any other optional Config or Mod?

Thanks for this Mod and for any Help in advance - Elena.

I'm going to assume some things here first (so make sure these are correct).

1.) You're utilizing the example mission provided, or the current version of VAS. (if it is an older version of VAS, you can not attach it directly to the weapon. it will go into inventory however.)

2.) You unzipped the package you downloaded and simply copied the '@ASDG_Attachments' folder to your ArmA 3 root directory. Or copied the relative .pbo's into a 'whatevermod\addons\' folder.

3.) You have the TMR mod itself installed properly.

4.) You are running the current stable version of the game or better.

Beyond that, 'asdg-attachments_c' is not correct, perhaps a typo. Additionally 'asdg_jointrails_tmr' is foreign to me. If all the numbered items above are correct, it should indeed work for you as it does for me.

1.) You're utilizing the example mission provided, or the current version of VAS. (if it is an older version of VAS, you can not attach it directly to the weapon. it will go into inventory however.)

2.) You unzipped the package you downloaded and simply copied the '@ASDG_Attachments' folder to your ArmA 3 root directory. Or copied the relative .pbo's into a 'whatevermod\addons\' folder.

3.) You have the TMR mod itself installed properly.

4.) You are running the current stable version of the game or better.

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

1) I was indeed using the version of VAS which is included in the MCC Sandbox Mission Editor. Which seems to be not the latest one - i did now download the Latest Script Version of VAS, and it works now. So its' MMC which isn't up to date now.

2) - 4) are correct, while i'm using the latest DEV Branch. So, with the newest VAS it works out, at least i can place them in my Inventory and attach them on the fly. They look wonderfull and are perfectly functional with TMR. Thank you!

Hi, thank you for the quick reply.

1) I was indeed using the version of VAS which is included in the MCC Sandbox Mission Editor. Which seems to be not the latest one - i did now download the Latest Script Version of VAS, and it works now. So its' MMC which isn't up to date now.

2) - 4) are correct, while i'm using the latest DEV Branch. So, with the newest VAS it works out, at least i can place them in my Inventory and attach them on the fly. They look wonderfull and are perfectly functional with TMR. Thank you!

Excellent news, do enjoy.

OP updated with DEV Update. (adds dedicated crate)

Please note: The DEV updates will only be added to the main package at planned revision intervals. We ask that these files are not linked or updated in any news sites.

Edited by Hatchet_AS

asdg_jointrails_tmr is referencing the "invisible bipod" from TMR and should be removed when using the modified tmr_autorest provided here (which is recommended). I have added a note about this in the first post of the ASDG JointRails thread.

Allright, got it removed - but it works with and without this pbo, in the same way *g* Still an amazing job.

@ The Issue with Flashlights AND Bipods attaching to the same Weapon: It could be done by modelling an Attachment that looks like a Bipod and a Torch, and config-wise adding the flashlight-functionality to it. In combination with a marksman Rifle, this could be quite ideal with an IR-Laser and Bipod two-in-one.

But as said, the amount of different configuations, which would require extra Attachments (Mx Bipod folded, Mx Bipod open, Mx Bipod folded flashlight, ...) is jsut way out of hands. So, rather unlikely, i guess/understand.

Allright, got it removed - but it works with and without this pbo, in the same way

This should not be true unless something has changed with TMR, which is doubtful. Perhaps what you are seeing is the 'weapon' resting. Which is not the same as 'bipod' resting inside TMR. The sometimes not so obvious part is the icons displayed by TMR when deploying. It should show some rocks and whatnot under weapon resting, and a bipod icon for bipod resting. See the notes as to what our modification does with that.

And from earlier during the dev process, which is just to illustrate that I'm aware and we're prepared. However I'm fairly confident we can do better than that. But ... should things fail over the next few days, you might just end up with 3in1 or whatever setups. Let's hope not. ;)

Addon in progress - works with Shift + [Light key]. Can also be used with other types of dual state attachments to switch between them, like the flashlight/IR combos, if configured accordingly.

Sorry guys, since the competition bomb I've been wondering around in mountains trying to find a cave to hide in. A few people have been asking about updates, and they are still very much planned. Granted I'm a couple weeks behind, I'll try to get the silencers and lightSwitch (functional bipod modeling swapping cleverness from Robalo (amongst of things..)), and perhaps a new standalone function for resting over the weekend. Might throw in a WASP CNVD if I can sort a couple things by then.

Deleted, I figured it out.

Edited by EricJ