Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 112555 (1.63 build release, not backward compatible)

A3 is another contruction site and BIS is not a small underfunded Developer anymore and to top it simpyl compiling this beta into a final patch .exe would do it. There will be bugs anyhow.
it may be done in future, but atm the 'staff' who could do this all are all occupied with other tasks (e.g. Arma 3 / DayZ) ...

If A3 is another "construction site", it seems they're outsourcing the A2 guys :). Maybe they need all the help they can get...

There is a serious bug when running dedicated server on windows 2012 server ... it would be awesome if you check it , it appears that it affects both arma 2 and arma 3 ! here's a thread discussing the subject :

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171485-FPS-issue-on-new-Dedicated-Server

i sum it up : the server cannot run at 50 fps when no mission is loaded,it usually gets stuck at 45-46 fps,and the situation doesn't change when you start a mission !

One guess is that 1.63 final will never be released because of CCP, as BI is fearful of putting an official seal of approval on community-derived enhancements. Hopefully this is not the case, and the horrible delay has been caused by their focus being on other games...

One guess is that 1.63 final will never be released because of CCP, as BI is fearful of putting an official seal of approval on community-derived enhancements. Hopefully this is not the case, and the horrible delay has been caused by their focus being on other games...

You know, I do believe what Dwarden said, about the reason being they were all busy with the other games. You know, there's a certain irony here. DayZ was the main reason for the last BETA patches, because suddenly the old ArmA 2 was giving BIS money again, but now with the release of DayZ as a separate game, it was the end and death of the ArmA 2 life cycle... And no, a new BETA or a final 1.63 release 2, 3, or 6 months from now, will not change that fact. But in any case, why is some people so in need of a new ArmA 2 patch? A new engine is there, they made it. Why aren't you moving along with them? :)

CCP has/had no relevance for 1.63 not being out whatsoever from what I can tell.

Everytime i try update my arma 2 and install new version. I am getting this error guys ''the version of arma 2 (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62) '' can anyone help ?

Why aren't you moving along with them? :)

Because of CWR2, which is still growing strong with new content. I also play Arma III, but it's not in my blood (at least not yet) like Arma II CO. One reason for that is the sickening feeling I get with the Scenarios section of A3 being solely for user-made missions from Steam. :p

;2614209']CCP has/had no relevance for 1.63 not being out whatsoever from what I can tell.

Good to hear.

patience, it's not end of days for 1.63 ;)

Please,fix the compatibility issues with Windows Server 2012 ... most of servers you rent ,propose winserver 2012 !

Everytime i try update my arma 2 and install new version. I am getting this error guys ''the version of arma 2 (1.63) is more recent than this patch version (1.62) '' can anyone help ?

fully delete this folder C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta

that should fix your issue

May I remind...Patch 1.62 was released 24 July 2012. Today it's 7th of march 2014. It gets silly since 1.63 is already taking even longer as 1.18 final took for Armed assault. World record in beta phase it is.

As contradictory as it may seems, they have to finish A3 before going back to A2.

As contradictory as it may seems, they have to finish A3 before going back to A2.
Looking back 2001 to 2014 A3 won't be "finished" before 2015. By that day there will be no further demand for any ArmA II update.

Looking back 2001 to 2014 A3 won't be "finished" before 2015. By that day there will be no further demand for any ArmA II update.

I guess that's probably the point here. BIS games are never "finished", the support is dropped decays once the engine advance one number. We should accept A2 as it is today, and migrate all we can to A3. It does worth all the efford. I wasn't I big fan then but I'm becoming one now :).

I guess that's probably the point here. BIS games are never "finished", the support is dropped decays once the engine advance one number. We should accept A2 as it is today, and migrate all we can to A3. It does worth all the efford. I wasn't I big fan then but I'm becoming one now :).
I would not bother about "as it is" would that 1.63 not have split the community. Playing 1.63 is already another (better) game with long awaited features and fixes compared to 1.62. Thats what happens if you have beta phases across different versions for nearly 2 years.

this is how a 1.63 beta multiplayer games browser looks on friday 20:30 GMT+1 prime time:

Unbenannt.jpg

Edited by Beagle

Agreed. 1.63 was a mistake. The community is moving to A3 though.

Agreed. 1.63 was a mistake. The community is moving to A3 though.
A3 has no appeal and im sure im not the only one feeling that way.

A3 has no appeal and im sure im not the only one feeling that way.

More reasons to dedicate all the studio's resources to A3 then.

I agree with Beagle completely. I hope a full 1.63 + ACR patch is released ASAP so all of A2 community will be playing the same version, and before all community interest is gone.

and
are like apples and oranges, each unique and irreplaceable in their own ways. Edited by OMAC

Hmmm...

So im not sure here bit, did you pick out the AI´s eyes

and cut of theire ears....

It seem as they have become both blind and deaf....

Nvm...

Must be in the mission itself...

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

I'd have to agree with Beagle here... holding back the 1.63 patch at this point just seems silly and for the number of issues it fixes there should be no delay in releasing it.

What's there to agreed with? We all want the next patch. Got it. But BIS is working in A3 now. That's where the money and the people is right now. When there's people available, we will see the next A2 patch.

The A2 beta patch page is down.

Kind of irrelevant with regards to A3 though... my point was that the 1.63 is done already.... it's not like it will take another 3 months of heavy dev work to get it out there... why not just release it?

I asked the same thing about a 5 minutes change in the code to stop spamming the screen with script errors, got the answer I gave you. They could have probably leave ONE guy still assigned to A2, but oh well...