Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 112555 (1.63 build release, not backward compatible)

Hello,

I patched my A2 OA til 1.63, but now there is no servers (wasteland, dayz) where I can play. Is it possible to downgrade until 1.62? (I don't have a Beta folder in my Expension folder)

You must reinstall your game, or read through the thread (yeah, i know... it's tough) to see if someone answered this already with another way.

Hello,

I patched my A2 OA til 1.63, but now there is no servers (wasteland, dayz) where I can play. Is it possible to downgrade until 1.62? (I don't have a Beta folder in my Expension folder)

My guess : it might not be because you have 1.63 (which you believed) but because you don't have the beta most dayz servers use : (1.62) ARMA2_OA_Build_103718 if I remember well (at least that's the beta withsix force me to use everytime I try to join a dayz server).

Hello,

There is no way to patch the game up to 1.63 because there is no patch version 1.63, aside from the beta program, which will install a beta folder, which you can delete anytime you want and reinstall whatever beta you want. And if you want to play 1.62 without any betas, all you have to do is to launch the game using your original shourcuts.

That being said, your problem must be what Neodammerung described, because the last beta is not backward compatible and no server is using it yet.

In other words there is no need to reinstall the whole game if you want to revert to 1.62 (beta or stable) from 1.63 beta. What's more, if you like you can even use both versions of the betas in turns, by simply moving the "beta" folder around your harddrive.

Edited by Algrab

oh, and don't try to add -nolog param to your server start line if you already use -bandwidthAlg=2 param

it will cause "loosing connection" msgs on clients

so question here:

is -bandwidthAlg=2 param becoming obsolete with this 163 beta ?

is -nologs param only for clients and not to be used on server?

Edited by Algrab

oh, and don't try to add -nolog param to your server start line

it will cause "loosing connection" msgs on clients

-nologs ?

how it can do that, it's only removing logging to log file ...

loosing connection is related to netcode (e.g. packetloss or connection loss for w/e reason or overloaded server)

Last time I checked A2 units could not take backpacks at all. There was a mod for that (GLT OPA Backpacks). Are you 100% sure that functionality is now a "build in" feature? I find no mention of that in any changelog from stable 1.62 to the latest beta...

Yep, it's a build in feature. But without the backpacks actually being worn on the models.

Speaking of which, Dwarden could we get an official line about that? Will the models be adjusted to carry them, or will we have to make due with the way it is now?

Yep, it's a build in feature. But without the backpacks actually being worn on the models.

Speaking of which, Dwarden could we get an official line about that? Will the models be adjusted to carry them, or will we have to make due with the way it is now?

I doubt it since a lot of the original A2 models already have a backpack modeled so thats would make more trouble than solving anything.

-nologs ?

how it can do that, it's only removing logging to log file ...

loosing connection is related to netcode (e.g. packetloss or connection loss for w/e reason or overloaded server)

-nologs.

well, that's what happened to me when dedi was run with 112555 (163) and both params in line

previously server was beta 103718 (162) with -bandwidthAlg=2

will see after more testing on weekend maybe.

EDIT:

after weekend testing - all fine, false alarm.

Cheers.

Edited by Algrab
tests conducted

Has anyone else noticed that the servers running 112555 do not show which mission is running in the server browser?

Also, has the method for setting difficulty changed or is it broken? I can't seem to change it on my server.

EDIT: Disregard this, I never noticed before that in both case the server has to be in the playing state to get the expected behavior, when in the waiting state the mission doesn't show and the difficulty setting shows recruit. I want all that life back I spent trying to figure out why the difficulty setting wasn't changing, I'm not going to tell you how much time that wasted. Feel free to delete this. :o

Edited by callihn
Opps!

Indeed it is. Cool. It should've been in the changelogs though. But great anyway. Thanks for letting me know!

Indeed it is. Cool. It should've been in the changelogs though.

The myriad CCP-related changes are not in the official changelogs, but are buried somewhere in the CCP area of dev-heaven. kju would know....

I don't know which beta introduced the CCP update which enabled A2 units to carry added (yet invisible) packs, but the more intractable problem that some modders are wrestling with is that the A2 units still cannot access packs carried by others...

Edited by OMAC

I must report that I have not yet been able to use this beta a single time time in MP due to no servers...Makes public beta versions quite nonsense.

It's definately time to release it as official patch after one and a half year of waiting before nobody needs it anymore. Last Patch came out 24.7.2012.

Thats a pretty good way to choke a game to death since we have broken main features for more then 2 years now.

Edited by Beagle

I must report that I have not yet been able to use this beta a single time time in MP due to no servers...Makes public beta versions quite nonsense.

It's definately to release it as official patch after one and a half year of waiting before nobody needs it anymore. Last Patch came out 24.7.2012.

Thats a pretty good way to choke a game to death since we have broken main features for more then 2 years now.

Sadly true.

It's definately time to release it as official patch after one and a half year of waiting before nobody needs it anymore. Last Patch came out 24.7.2012.

bold claims are bold what broken main features you talk about?

bold claims are bold what broken main features you talk about?
Come on you know it, the CIT was full of it and im not going to dig all the dirt up again after so long. But 1.62 dated July 2012 is still the official version. It does not helpmuch if most issues are fixed in betas only. All I need to do to have my broken features back is start the old 1.62 .exe I just remind you of the broken missile warning and hence no AI countermeasures for most nonBAF BLUFOR Aircraft in OA after 1.57 or METIS and TOW lauching into orbit after 1500m flight in manual mode. All fixed in beta but still unofficial. Edited by Beagle

Xmas should be over by now, how about next beta update before end of this week?

Xmas should be over by now, how about next beta update before end of this week?
Rather have a final or we wil be stuck with eternal beta and the changes we waitd for for years wil never make it into an official patch. This is already the longes beta Phase fpor a patch candidate we have ever seen. Wait a few months more and there is nothing left to patch. Server count is now dropping significantly since December and 1.62 OA is now on par with A2 1.11 server count. Had to revert to older beta anyway since you can not play on a single public server with 1.63 builds Edited by Beagle

So I guess Steam auto updates the latest version and my game is now 1.63 and I can not play on any servers.

However if I want to play DayZ I need to have beta activated.

How can I get rid of 1.63 but still play DayZ with a beta patch? I tried deleting the expansion folder but that put me back to ARMA 2 without OA. So I deleted the beta only folder within and re-installed an older beta patch but now I have to restart the game twice every time I change mod versions.

Edited by eegore

I think the question at this point is what do you want first, they working to make Arma 3 interesting, or a new patch for OA. Apparently, they can't do both, which is sad.

I think the question at this point is what do you want first, they working to make Arma 3 interesting, or a new patch for OA. Apparently, they can't do both, which is sad.
A3 is another contruction site and BIS is not a small underfunded Developer anymore and to top it simpyl compiling this beta into a final patch .exe would do it. There will be bugs anyhow.

Hope A3 doesn't get this route and I agree with Beagle,beta patches good,endless beta patches and nothing else bad.How many years you need to make it official?