Sign in to follow this  
terox

Dedicated server package issues

For those of you who have received the dedi server package for testing.

You may need to do the following to get your server to display in the server browser

1) Add the arma3server.exe to your firewall rules (its a different version of the.exe to the existing stable.exe

2) Copy over your battleye folder from your other server installs

3) edit your steamapp_id.txt from 233780 to 107410

4) Define a unique set of ports (Steam and Arma)

and you should be good

to auto install, you could run the following .cmd file

@echo off
SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION
::STABLE VERSION 
SET A3BRANCH= 233780
SET A3Path=D:\Games\A3\A3Servertest
SET STEAMLOGIN=loginname loginpassword
echo TASK - Updating the Arma3 Dedicated server package install
D:\Apps\steam\steamcmd.exe +login %STEAMLOGIN% +force_install_dir %A3Path% "+app_update %A3BRANCH%" validate +quit
echo COMPLETED - A3 dedicated server package install updated
echo .

Edited by Dwarden

Thanks...

I'm trying to set ours up now...

Are the steps similar to the old method?

I dont see a missions directory or a vanilla config file.

Dont worry about it just yet m8, the server package isnt synced with the stable client release yet (Some technical issue which means it has a delayed release following the stable release

and you also cannot connect to the current dedi server package as a client (Bug)

Player connection issue has been resolved.

kudos to Dwarden for finding the solution

change the steam_appid.txt content to

Hi texor, this package is now available to all or is still in testing?

You would need to ask Dwarden for a key, PM him

Got it from him, thanks for the tip!

Ready for heavy tests this weekend, my wife will kill me :D

EDIT

This package is now update with 1.06 ? I can connect but also without mod server kicked me out without reason, checked integrity both but nothing.

EDIT2

Dont know, now works lol

Edited by ramius86

I was able to install Steam then the new package on our dedicated server but I have to launch Steam and login on the server before I can lauch the A3 server app. How do I get around this and then how do I keep it updated if break the connection to Steam?

I was able to install Steam then the new package on our dedicated server but I have to launch Steam and login on the server before I can lauch the A3 server app. How do I get around this and then how do I keep it updated if break the connection to Steam?

You should only need to log into steam on the server to update the package. Which doesnt happen that often, basically the same rate as the stable patches unless a hotfix has been created

You don't need steam to launch or run the exe, just use a desktop shortcut or Firedeamon etc to launch the A3 server

You should only need to log into steam on the server to update the package. Which doesnt happen that often, basically the same rate as the stable patches unless a hotfix has been created

You don't need steam to launch or run the exe, just use a desktop shortcut or Firedeamon etc to launch the A3 server

When I use the shortcut it launches Steam and makes me login.

You have to crate shortcut of arma3server.exo from location where u installed server package, not create shortcut by steam client. And also u could use .cmd for updating server files. All u need is in 1st entry of this topic or you can find it on BI wiki: http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Dedicated_Server

:)

My shortcut is to the server app not Steam. It still launches Steam and requires a login.

that's weird because the arma3server.exe is exactly same binary as with client package

and i'm running it fine w/o STEAMclient / STEAMcmd

What exactly is this dedicated server package and what has changed? I'm current running a dedi server using version 1.06 (Stable).

Sorry if I've missed a Sitrep somewhere.

it's standalone server package and way smaller

it's standalone server package and way smaller

Can this also be used for the Dedicated Client/Headless Client, or does that require all content?

for now client is always like norma client (be it dedicated or dedicated in HC mode) so it needs client data