Sign in to follow this  
tom3kb

[SP][CSLA] tom3kb's CSLA SP Mission Pack

SP Mission Pack: tom3kb's CSLA SP Mission Pack v1.0

Author:tom3kb

This is my SP Mission Pack for the CSLA mod.

82c2add8f19af413m.jpg

For playing you need:

ArmA2 Combined Operations v1.62

[ Arma 2 v1.11 and Operation Arrowhead v1.62 ]

Mods/addons needed:

CSLA mod (Chechoslovak Peoples Army) v2.25

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13355

Installation:

Put folder "tom3kb's CSLA SP Mission Pack" in your Missions folder.

For example:

d:\Arma 2\Missions\tom3kb's CSLA SP Mission Pack

Changelog:

v1.0 - first release

-5 SP missions,

Features:

-Mission Pack with 5 single player missions,

-briefing, overview with picture and short info for each missions,

-loadingscreen,

-We play as: CSLA and AFMC soldiers,

-bis modules: first aid, cars, animals, civilians,

Ps: sorry for my bad english.

Download:

v1.0

Armaholic:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23520

Arma2base

http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=6115

Other downloads:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v6766j

Edited by tom3kb
  • Like 1

Tried the First mission: Bunkers and I found it to be very enjoyable. Did not find any typos in the briefing, the overview was good, and the WW2 bunkers are seldom seen in any mission. The action was mildly challenging and totally alright. The only thing missing from this mission are the cinematics.

Im glad you liked the mission. :)

I would like to add cutsceans to all of my missions but sometimes making even short cutscene take te same time as creating the mission. ;)

So i decide to add cutscens only to campaigns.

I have very short and simple cinematics only in SP pack and in Racs pack.

Good to see that so far you didnt found any (gamebreaking) bugs.

:D

Edited by tom3kb

Mission 3: Paratroopers contains a missing addon: ca_characters.acr so I cannot play it. Please update the mission.sqm and re-upload.

Hmmm, its from Arma 2 ACR DLC, do you have this DLC. You can download Free LITE version from:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17321

http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates/805-a2co-compatibility-mp-patch--acr-lite-.html

You need to have this dlc to play some stuff from CSLA mod, check CSLA read me file and manual.

@edit

I checked this mission in editor (next mission also uses something from ACR), i think i didnt put on map nothing from ACR DLC (i have LITE version). I have only objects, buldings, empty vehicles and units from CSLA mod. It seems (but i can be wrong)) that some CSLA or AFMC units that i used for this mission are using something from ACR DLC.

Edited by tom3kb

Hey, I just found the ArmA2 DLC codes in the wealth of data I rescued from my old PC and therefor I can comment on the mission (but thanks for the download links anyway):

Well balanced, the enemy tanks at the objective offer some resistance that is dangerous if not dealt with quickly, and the reinforcements just arrive in a timeframe which allows me a hasty retreat, keeping me and my squad on the heels. Plus I get to blow up a lot of stuff *muhaha*. Still, cinematics or some kind of story would be the cream on the cake for all your missions.

Hi tom3kb,

In the next update, if you do so could you please add binoculars for the player?

I can't see well at all the AO to plan my attack.

For you Overview or Loadscreens, you can use this Addon:

Modul_Animations

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8711&highlight=MODUL_ANIMATION

It takes no more time then what you are doing now to set up pics with units doing cool poses.

Not finished with pack yet.

1. Bunker

Could you add Engineer? He can fix the transport if it's hit by rpg or tank.

2. Lizard

You have one SD operator. Not sure why. Not a problem, but all other units are going loud.

Also, could use a Medic.

Nice cool missions. Will finish them up soon enough.

Thanks for your hard work!

I will be De-pbo'ing your missions and ..............stealing your ideas..............Muahahahahahaha!

Cheers

Edited by Kommiekat

@KK

Im not sure if i will update this pack but thanks for suggestions.

a) binoculars, i always forget about adding binoculars for teamleader ;) but i always check gear of my squad in briefing before mission, there is a chance that one of your teammates has binoculars,

b) engineer, i didnt wont to add him, if you have bad luck enemy will destroy APC and you lose fire support. If you could fix that APC anytime i think mission could be to easy.

c) medic, i cant check this right now but even if there is no medic in squad that is not a big problen. In CSLA each unit has few bandages (+20% to your health). Just take few bandages from your teammates or from dead enemies,

d) SD weapon sometimes is good to have such a weapon in squad, you could change weapons before mission. Probably you as player could use this weapon better than your AI teammate.

Ps. You dont have to depbo my missions to "steal" ;) my ideas. I never pack my missions as pbo. :)

Edited by tom3kb

Just finished Mission 4: Road Trip and found it to be a fine little mission with some tasks lacking some action (reality as opposed to Hollywood-esque epic battles) with a little thougher nut to crack at the end of the mission. I really like your style of mission making.

tom3kb,

On mission #5, I think you did a tricky dicky, yes?

You have Task, clear Infantry in Solnichniy, yet when I go there, nothing. No infantry no enemy.

So, I go back to Dolina, the #2 task and there is where I find the enemy and pickup trucks.

Could I kindly suggest one more thing for you?

You put saves after your TASK SUCCESS, something you taught me long ago.

Could you put a few seconds on that like maybe 3, 3,3 in the min and max?

That way, I can see the end result, like explosions and things without the game freezing on me so soon.

Thanks tom. You're a good teacher!

Liked how you have Nettrucker in Mission #4......I wonder if he even knows.

Yes, maybe i should add few sec. Its only a small problem in missions where you have to blow up something. In tasks where you fight you dont even notice this freeze.

Mission 5

You have to destroy Reinforcements from Solnichny, if you are fast you can prepare ambush on road or you can go to Dolina but then you have to fight with larger forces. Enemy squad that is in Dolina and Reinforcements that will drive from Solnichny.

In few off my missions i made a small "easter egg" for few community members.

Codename Nettrucker, extracion point EMSI. :)

Edited by tom3kb

Just played mission 5 and I like it a lot. My only complaint is that the soldiers don't disembark from their Datsuns once these are destroyed - that looks weird. Everything apart from this is nice gameplay.

Probably some of them was killed when you destroyed pickups. I think. ;)