Sign in to follow this  
Fushko

ArmA 3 and GeForce Experience

Those who have GeForce Experience may have noticed that A3 has been added to the games that can be optimized. Did anyone notice any performance increase by clicking on the optimize button?

I've noticed that there are a few issues with it. The program doesn't seem to be able to change view distance and it shows texture quality on high even if in-game it says very high.

Besides some issues that will most likely be resolved, I find this very useful, especially for those who don't like to tweak the vast amount of settings that this game has for hours.

Discuss.

Good call, I've been waiting for Arma3 to become compatible with it, I'll give it a go right away!

edit: No can do, neither Arma3 or Arma2 can be optimized, GFE is unable to retrieve current settings.

Edited by CaptainObvious

Mine can't detect settings, but the settings suggested are significantly higher than my current settings with no real change in performance when I changed them.

Mine can't detect settings, but the settings suggested are significantly higher than my current settings with no real change in performance when I changed them.

ARMA3 becomes CPU limited (single thread) very quickly, so it's usually possible to raise many of the GPU-heavy settings without a noticable performance penalty.

This can't be right..

Just checked and its telling me to go from 3,500/default to 7,400 view and object distance, halve shadow distance to 50, and axe most of my near maxed settings, including MSAA from 4x to zero, Shadows from Ultra to DISABLED???? SSAO from High to disabled...

So basically... double your view distance and quarter your graphics quality... Definitely bugged.

My PC is decent

- i5 Haswell 4.2GHz

- GTX760

- SSD

It basically tells me to disable/set almost everything to low (except PIP at Very High for some reason), and then set VD/OVD to 7400 each. :j:

Wat.

Nvidia Experience is complete garbage.

nvidia experience suggestet me for war thunder, to turn everything down and only enable the only option my GPU can't handle.

so "optimised" for NVE means: Looks like garbage and runs like garbage. (and i mean war thunder, the game works on standard-high settings on a laptop with a broken cooler and a gt 650m.)

no thanks, i prefer tweaking manually.

Also I see it as a marketing gimmick - so like if you have a GTX580 or some equivalent decent old model card it will put you at shitty as hell settings so you think you need to upgrade to the 7XX.

Also I see it as a marketing gimmick - so like if you have a GTX580 or some equivalent decent old model card it will put you at shitty as hell settings so you think you need to upgrade to the 7XX.

Wrong. I have a GTX580 and I can run most things on Ultra or Very High. Just not at full 1920x1200.

It basically tells me to disable/set almost everything to low (except PIP at Very High for some reason), and then set VD/OVD to 7400 each. :j:

Wat.

I have the exact same thing lol, I'll leave things as they are thank you very much!

I have a 550 Ti, and it tells me to raise my AA from 0x to 4x, put SSAO on standard, and atoc to "all grass and trees". For some reason the framerate in SP is the same, sometimes even better, even in heavily scripted SP missions with lots of AI (BECTI 0.97). Overall I'm quite happy of this.

It also tells me to lower VD/OD from 5500/2863 to 2800/2800, but for some reason it doesn't work. Looks like they are not finished on making the settings compatibile.

Nvidia Experience is complete garbage.

amen, bruh. love nvidia. dislike geforce experience. its buggy s hell and under optimizes my games. i completely removed once it didnt play nice with arma 3. the game is such a mixed bag of cpu/gpu that i dont even understand how geforce experience can properly optimize it in the first place.

Sent from my iPhone

You can have 780 Ti's in SLI and Experience will still tell you to turn things down for Operation Flashpoint.

GeForce Experience is okay for some games...I'm guessing only "The Way It's Meant To Be Played" titles, though.

I have a GTX580 and I can run most things on Ultra or Very High. Just not at full 1920x1200.

jap same with my radeon 6900. all of higest and 8 mal smaa no problem with 1600x .......

Yeah i hav'nt tried it yet do u have to start ArmA3 thru the app?

No but you do need to have played A3 with Geforce experience installed, it should then "pick up" A3.

No but you do need to have played A3 with Geforce experience installed, it should then "pick up" A3.

Yeah, it doesn't really work for me. That's not so bad, though, I could do without.

Hi,

I noticed that some week ago finally the arma 3 profile arrived for the geForce Experience but hte program cannot optimize the game.

Same thing for Arrowhead.

What's your experience ? :)

Mmh, what do you mean exactly? The "optimized" settings don't get applied, or "no performance increase to be determined"?

The program can't detect my actual settings and the button "optimize" is not available

It recommended stupid settings: full res with all effects off.

So I uninstalled it

Its better to pick your own settings. Start with things low and go up from there.

Note that multiplayer is less dependant on GFX settings. (ie. lowering settings does not get much better fps)

Yes I know, I can see that it reccomends lower settings than the actually capable.

But I had a good experience with FarCry 3 Blood Dragon, this game was I don't know why demanding as hell, and it put the right settings

Like to several other people in the thread, it wanted to change pretty much every option to low/medium and turn my VD and object draw distance to 7400.

WTF!?