Sign in to follow this  
JOHNBELLO

Removing uniform restrictions in a mod?

Hello.

On our mod project we have every player in the game as a custom civilian.

They play against each other since it is possible to join several different groups due to ur own custom group system.

However now the problem is, that uniforms have these weird restrictions, that make sense in a game where bulfor fights opfor fights independant, but for our game this is kind of an issue.

So, is there any way to remove the part that restricts a uniform to one faction? Is there a flag to set for the player, or is it in the uniforms itself?

Also, kind of weird because a while ago i am pretty sure we were able to use all uniforms - but i cannot remember if we used a civilian as player character - so might some class be able to use them all? (independant maybe?)

Thank you very much.

Also i found out that i seem to be retarded since i used a standard blufor unit to enable the preview, what made the game use that character for my testing - ofcourse it could not work then. Already wondered why i had a civilian not being able to use civilian clothing :D

Thanks again, helped me out a lot!

I tried to amend modelSides in an independent units config and I still can't pick up other sides uniforms from either ammo boxes or off dead players.

Here is my config:

class CfgVehicles
{
class All;
class SoldierGB;
class I_Soldier_base_F;
class I_Soldier_F;
class Horde_player_01: I_Soldier_F
{
	author = "Das Attorney";
	displayname = "Gunman";
	faction = "Horde_IND_F";
	items[] = {};
	linkeditems[] = {"V_Rangemaster_belt"};
	magazines[] = {"30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_tracer_green","30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_tracer_green","30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_tracer_green","9Rnd_45ACP_Mag","9Rnd_45ACP_Mag","9Rnd_45ACP_Mag"};
	modelSides[] = {0,1,2,3};
	respawnlinkeditems[] = {"V_Rangemaster_belt"};
	respawnmagazines[] = {"30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_tracer_green","30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_tracer_green","30Rnd_45ACP_Mag_SMG_01_tracer_green","9Rnd_45ACP_Mag","9Rnd_45ACP_Mag","9Rnd_45ACP_Mag"};
	respawnweapons[] = {"SMG_01_F","hgun_ACPC2_F","Throw", "Put"};
	side = 2;
	weapons[] = {"SMG_01_F","hgun_ACPC2_F","Throw", "Put"};
};
};

Am I missing something here?