code34

Real Weather - dynamic weather for MP games

Hi everybody,

I have a mission where the player can use skipTime action to wait.

Using skiptime with this scipt, at one point I have only fog on screen. Is there a way to disable the fod or make the max around a lower value ?

I try edit the script and change all the values but didn't seem to work :/

Hi everybody,

I have a mission where the player can use skipTime action to wait.

Using skiptime with this scipt, at one point I have only fog on screen. Is there a way to disable the fod or make the max around a lower value ?

I try edit the script and change all the values but didn't seem to work :/

This happens only sometimes right?  Arma usually causes different weather patterns throughout the time cycle.  So this is not happening because of the script.

What you can try is running from server:

'0 setfog 0 '

after your 'skiptime' command.  This script will then sync that weather command across all clients.  Hope that works/helps.

This happens only sometimes right?  Arma usually causes different weather patterns throughout the time cycle.  So this is not happening because of the script.

What you can try is running from server:

'0 setfog 0 '

after your 'skiptime' command.  This script will then sync that weather command across all clients.  Hope that works/helps.

Yes sometimes it does sometimes i don't.

I did what you said, It's a sp mission so I just put this in a loot and for now it looks it is working :), thx

Code34, I'm integrating this into my mission now. A few quick questions....

You say Turn on "manual" all weather parameters in the mission editor. Does this mean tick the 'manual override' boxes for the weather system in Eden editor? I notice that there is no manual override for fog or overcast. What should we do with them?

Thanks,

Paul

Hi Paul :)

don't know with the new editor cause i dont use it. But in the oldest, you had to turn off all the parameters about meteo (forecast, rain etc) in the mission global description settings box.

I think I've got it figured. Certainly, I'm not getting reports from players that the fog gets mega thick and never clears!

But one thing that's odd and I'm fairly sure is connected to Real Weather. Game time is speeded up six times when the script is running. Any ideas?

@code34 I came back to this today, but still with speeded up time by a factor of 6.

I can see why it does this;  Line 137 does settimemultiplier 6 during daylight and  24 during nightime. So my question is; Is this essential to the correct operation of the script, or can I set both ratios to 1 or even remark out that block of code?

@Tankbuster

Change line 26: _realtime = false;   to   _realtime = true;

You can change the timeratio in line 42 & 43

@code34

nice script

Ah! That'll do it. Nice one. Thank you. :)

Actually, there are a few changes that script could do with, putting in the new params command, for example. The new forceweatherchange command too. @code34, do you want to have a go or should I have look at it?