code34

Real Weather - dynamic weather for MP games

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Sometimes fog returns negative value. It may screw up other scripts.

what do you mean ? is it a problem with real weather or with BIS fog command ? :)

lol, i think you will wait for a little bit more time. It's a VBS 3 feature, and at this time some VBS1 feature are still not in A3 ;)

No not for BIS but can be made with Particle effect ;) , let me know i can help with that if the Height thing and sync is possible.
yes it's possible, we can try it

I'm working on a mission where this effect would be very cool to have. Did you guys ever hook up and see what could be done? I'm only now learning scripting (still haven't dug into particle effects yet but I've had a couple of browser tabs open for many days now) but would be happy to try and help anyway I could, considering my limited knowledge?

not yet. Particle effects is just a workaround not an official feature like in vbs.

not yet. Particle effects is just a workaround not an official feature like in vbs.

Heh! No, I have no illusions that the two could be confused. Just having snow falling from the sky, as suggested, per altitude (and maybe season & time of day), synced to your script, would be a unique and valuable addition to play with.

i had no feedback from Sealife since his last post about this subject.

I have some problem, when I run it on local sever, it work very fine.

But when I upload the mission to my team's dedicated server, It can't work.

Do you have this problem?

nope, check the weather configuration of your mission and put all parameters on "manual".

I`ve noticed if you are using _skiptime function clouds are "jumping" looks a bit annoying for me. There is a simple solution to make it more smooth like:

private ["_lastrain", "_rain", "_fog", "_mintime", "_maxtime", "_overcast", "_realtime", "_random", "_timeacc", "_startingdate", "_startingweather", "_timeforecast", "_timeratio", "_timesync", "_wind"];
// change _skiptime to _timeacc

// we check the skiptime for 10 seconds
//_timeratio = 0
//_skiptime = _timeratio * 0.000278 * 10;
_timeacc =6; // see the ingame clock - 4 hours = 24 hours in game
setTimeMultiplier _timeacc;

and delete all lines with _skiptime function

hi krizz

thank you for your feedback :-) i will check about it and if all work like expected introduce it in the Next release :-)

Thanks for informing us of the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means soon you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Not sure if this is of any value to anyone, but for our mission I wanted random times, but a very low chance of night.

in my init.sqf I have:

month = floor(random 12) + 1;
publicVariable "month";
diag_log format["Month is %1", month];
day = floor(random 28) + 1;
publicVariable "day";
diag_log format["Day is %1", day];
_hours = [6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18];
hour = _hours call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
publicVariable "hour";
diag_log format["Hour is %1", hour];

and then in the real_weather.sqf I added:

// Mission starting date is 25/09/2013 at 12:00
      //adjusted to fit mission needs. Server chooses a random value then PV's it for everyone.
_startingdate = [2013, month, day, hour, 00];

I will add however that its always overcast on mission start. Is this due to my changes, or its it always like that? I like the gloom, but its not as fun when its always so.

hi :)

you should introduce your update directly in the real_weather.sqf to prevent the use of publicvariable

for the overcast, do you try with "CLEAR" parameter ?

// Mission starting weather "CLEAR|CLOUDY|RAIN";
_startingweather = "CLEAR";

Yeah, its "CLEAR" on start. Other than the random time and setting it to real time(how its shown in the commented portions) I haven't changed anything within the scripts.

The weather is being used in a MP mission, I figured that the time values should be PV'd so all the clients have the same value as well. The randomizer only runs on the server in the (isDedicated) portion. I'm not pro by anymeans so I could be doing something wrong.

In fact, the server side script synchronised the time at x seconds interval for all clients. So you have only to set it on server side, and it will be synchonised.

Do you check if all the weather settings in mission editor are on MANUAL ? :)

Edited by code34

In fact, the server side script synchronised the time at x seconds interval for all clients. So you have only to set it on server side, and it will be synchonised.

Do you check if all the weather settings in mission editor are on MANUAL ? :)

I went back, yes, the settings are on manual, however the weather settings for overcast were at 85. Using the slider turns manual back to auto, but if you just type in a number, it doesn't disable manual. Hope my stupidity helps someone in the future :P

I'll remove the PV's as well.

Thankyou for the support code34.

you are welcome :) yes it s very important to set it to manual, i add a special mention in main thread yesterday about it.

If I understand correctly, does this brilliant little mod works by script only?

If so, is there any chance of a pbo version that auto-initialises? e.g. using CBA?

hi, currently, there is no plan to build it as addon :(

Ok, this may be a newbie error, but I have read through your descriptions and the whole thread here to make sure I did everything right.

I tried your script and it is awesome! But when I change _startingweather to "CLOUDY" or "RAIN" it shows dark sky, and a faint sun with no clouds. But when I go to splendid camera the clouds appear and everything is normal. I disabled all mods, and tried with your example mission. I even put all weather parameters to manual. _startingweather at "CLEAR" works fine. Any advice? Thank you for your help:)