Sign in to follow this  
GReeves

ARMA2 War Journal

I'm not sure if this is the right forum of if this kind of thread is even allowed, but I thought it would be cool to have a place for posting awesome stories from your online experiences.

I'll start us off. We were doing a coop on Takistan and needed to clear the field south of Zavarak. After an intense firefight with thirty or more insurgents, we had lost several men and had to fall back. After a wild sprint through enemy fire, the remaining members of our team reached the vehicle. After driving away, one guy asked where Henrik was. That's when we decided to do a head count and found out we had left Henrik behind. Once we had argued about leaving his unconscious body in the hands of the enemy, we told ourselves it was no man left behind and sped back to the field. Two of us jumped out and ran into the house and I treated Henrik. Once I got him awake, we jumped in the vehicle and shouted at Gabriel to start going. We told him to move about five times before realizing he was knocked out. I pulled him out of the driver seat, loaded him into the back, and we flew through hordes of hostile forces.

After our escape, we slowed down and joked as we drove back to base. Just as we reached the main road and safety, we heard a huge explosion at our rear and saw an artillery shell land right behind our back tires. I bailed out and survived several shells impacting nearby. Just as I revived the last wounded man, Gabriel asked how I had survived. I answered, "I willed myself to live. I'm not about to die after such a great firefigh..." The fourth artillery shell got me right in the head, and my corpse reportedly burst into flames after I was sent flying into the burning wreck of our vehicle.