Sign in to follow this  
gamerz971hd

Enable Game Control with dialog open

I have tried using enableSimulation = true; or enableSimulation = 1; in my dialog but the dialog will still lock up my game while using it.

Any solutions?

you should create a RscTitles resource instead of a Dialog one and use cutRsc

_layerNumber cutRsc ["RscYourResource", "PLAIN"];

they basicaly stay the same.

you should create a RscTitles resource instead of a Dialog one and use cutRsc

_layerNumber cutRsc ["RscYourResource", "PLAIN"];

they basicaly stay the same.

I've already tried that and i already have one, but i still need it to be a dialog.

i see... what do you have in mind exacly, isn't there a way to get where you want another way?

even if possible the engine would then face an ambiguity: will your keyboard/mouse control the cursor for dialog interaction or the player's movement?

I really don't know of any dialog setting to allow that. Would be interested in a solution if you find one.

I noticed on my server if you have a dialog open all lag, script and FPS is gone. I was thinking just having a dialog appear off screen and still be able to control your game.

Why is enablesimulation = true; not working?

76we.png

^^ exacly... it does work, it is meant for something else, to pause the whole game when the dialog is active (if set to 0).

^^ exacly... it does work, it is meant for something else, to pause the whole game when the dialog is active.

Oh, ok i see. Appreciate the responses, if you find any thing about it, you should post here! Ill do the same :)

never tried, but the best i can come up is to have a clone of the Dialog as an RscTitle, an programmatically switch between the two via a shortcut key to deal with the ambiguity. Have the dialog when we want interaction <> have the RscTitle when we want to control the player.

This might be easier said than done, though. :rolleyes:

For example, I am using an empty dialog for getting the cursor alone to be able to point at things on screen, i switch it off and on via shortcut.