This is my very first attempt at an addon. It's a client side addon that displays the users health, fatigue, fps, and heading.

Current Addon Version : 1.5

Current Scripted Version : 1.5

Release Date :11 - 14 - 2013

======================

CONTACT INFORMATION :

======================

Tinkerer's Repository

======================

REQUIRED ADDONS:

======================

Addon version only - @CBA

======================

DESCRIPTION :

======================

Status Hud simply displays the users health, fatigue, fps & their heading in the lower right corner of the screen.

======================

INSTALLATION :

======================

Addon Version: Put the @status_hud mod folder into your main arma directory (same directory the arma3.exe is in). Go into steam, right click on Arma3 & go to properties. Click 'Set launch options' & put -mod=@CBA_A3 -mod=@status_hud into the text field. Or... Click on the following URL to view a more in-depth mod installation tutorial : http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=20866

Scripted Version: place the contents of the mission folder into your own. * Regarding the scripted version: I've no control over how or where other (users) UI scripts define rscTitles. There may be conflicts if the 'standard' method wasn't employed. For more info on how to work around this possible issue see this post.

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

======================

CHANGELOG:

======================

v1.0b - release

v1.1b

- Create the display in it's own layer so it doesn't interfer with other displays.

- Added scripted Version

v1.2b

- Assigned better idc's to controls as to not conflict with other UI's idc's.

- Tightened the image / text alignment up.

- Cleaned up some code & took out un-needed commands

v1.3b

- Added fatigue

v1.4b

- Fixed Signatures :confused:

v1.5

- optimized code a little

- icons now keep their original aspect ratio

Edited by Iceman77

Neat little addon, cheers mate.

Any chance for a script version to integrate into missions?

Doh!! :p

Updated:

v1.1b

- Create the display in it's own layer so it doesn't interfer with other displays.

- Added scripted Version

Edited by Iceman77

FPDR

The idc's needed to be less common and while I was at it I did some other tweaks.

Updated:

v1.2b

- Assigned better idc's to controls as to not conflict with other UI's idc's.

- Tightened the image / text alignment up.

- Cleaned up some code & took out un-needed commands

I'd love to see something like this, with an indicator for your soldiers' Stamina included. Apart from that, nice work, clean code, and i like the simply symbols.

• Like 1

Thanks. I was debating on including a stamina meter / %. Maybe sometime in the near future, but as of now I think I've updated it enough for one day LOL.

Nice little addon, thanks for your work. Peace.

Fuck it.

Updated:

v1.3b

- Added Fatigue

lol....thanks for this will check it out

Cannot seem to join a server with V2 sigs required and your mod key installed, getting "you where kicked" message upon reaching lobby, cannot offer more info at this time.

Damm, that was quick. 1+ and there it goes into my Units' fixed Modset. THANK YOU!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==============================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cannot seem to join a server with V2 sigs required and your mod key installed, getting "you where kicked" message upon reaching lobby, cannot offer more info at this time.

Had a feeling the signatures weren't right. Signing the addon actually took more time and was more confusing than making the addon itself... literally. The tutorial i used had alot of grey areas and contradictions as the author went. It was very confusing for me .:p

I'll look into it and see if I can't learn to sign an addon proper. I would ask someone else to do it for me, but that's kind of taboo from what I've read.

Updated:

v1.4b

- Fixed Signatures

note: forgive me, I'm not sure if I need to update the addon like this just because of new signatures. To prevent any further confusion on my part, I've re-uploaded the addon with the new signature / key.

---------- Post added at 18:12 ---------- Previous post was at 17:10 ----------

Signatures appear to be working correctly now. Thanks to http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?164634-Addon-Signature-Tutorial

Edited by Iceman77

Hey Iceman77,

I would like to use the scripted version you released for my mission, I somewhat understand how to do the scripting with the description.ext and Init.sqf file.

I'm having a hard time getting it working. As I already have an description.ext and Init.sqf file created in my mission folder. The description.ext file reads--

respawn = "Instant";
respawnDelay = 1;
respawnDialog = false;
disabledAI = 1;
#include "gvs\colors_include.hpp"
#include "gvs\control_include.hpp"
#include "gvs\stc_include.hpp"
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
#include "VVS\menu.h"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "UI\defines.hpp"
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
#include "VVS\Functions.h"
};

And my Init.sqf file reads--

execVM "gvs\gvs_init.sqf";
#include "wind\start.sqf";
[] call compile preprocessFile "UI\HUD.sqf";

I also pasted the UI and Images folders inside my mission folder. If I put the (#include "UI\defines.hpp") above the "class cfgfunctions the game crashes before the MP mission selection screen shows up. But if I leave it as is, I get an error that says- Script functions\ TAG_ICEHUD\ fn_controls.sqf not found.

Did I make a mistake in the Init or Description.ext file that can be causing this, My created mission is also in Altis. not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Thanks Much :)

It definately shouldn't be in the cfgFunctions. When you CTD, what error does it give? Does it say member already defined or something like that? Post your error report here please. Combining many custom UIs can be a hassle. Although I did specifically give unique idcs. ie; only 520500 - 520503 as to not interfer with other UIs. Also, for giggles, make sure the vanilla version (status_hud) works. IE; simply preview the esample mission, to make sure it's not an old version or something silly on my end.

---------- Post added at 15:47 ---------- Previous post was at 15:41 ----------

Shoot me your mission folder via pm please.

Hey Iceman77,

Thanks for the quick reply :)

The error I get is-

Arma3\MPMissions\Altis%20Mission%20WIP.Altis\UI\defines.hpp, line 145:.RscTitles. Member already defined

I get this error when the description.ext is--

respawn = "Instant";
respawnDelay = 1;
respawnDialog = false;
disabledAI = 1;
#include "gvs\colors_include.hpp"
#include "gvs\control_include.hpp"
#include "gvs\stc_include.hpp"
#include "VAS\menu.hpp"
#include "VVS\menu.h"
class CfgFunctions
{
#include "VAS\cfgfunctions.hpp"
#include "VVS\Functions.h"
};

Without the

, everything works fine. I'm guessing its a mod conflict from the error above like you said. But I don't know how to fix it. :(

I'm using the version that was recently released on the front page of Armaholic(link below)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23495

I tried the mission and everything worked. The HUD/UI was in the bottom right of the screen with the fatigue/health/fps all working.

I will PM you my mission folder right after this post :)

(Edit--Not sure how I PM you my mission folder. Kind of my first time ever using the BI forums. sorry :(

Edited by ARMA3FlyGun1

Sounds like something else you are utilizing (gvs) is already using RscTitles. RscTitles can only be defined once. You should dig through the gvs files and see where RscTitles is being defined.

As a note to Iceman77 you should never have a script resource already defining RscTitles in its own separate file. A global note to anyone is RscTitles should only be defined in the description.ext and people append their stuff to it. This only applies to mission namespace usage. Addons are fine to define RscTitles in its own file.

Also as a note of performance I don't think it's wise to display frames and I presume you are doing it via diag_fps, the reason I say this is because diag_fps actually eats performance.

Edited by Tonic-_-

@ Tonic-_-

Okay thanks for the tips. Noted about the diag_fps. I can make this an optional toggle.

@Arma3Fly

There's a conflict with the other UI scripts you are using atm. I'll need edit the script version to make it universal. You can expect that sometime soon.

@ Tonic-_-

Okay thanks for the tips. Noted about the diag_fps. I can make this an optional toggle.

@Arma3Fly

There's a conflict with the other UI scripts you are using atm. I'll need edit the script version to make it universal. You can expect that sometime soon.

Sounds good, Thank you Iceman77 :)