Sign in to follow this  
bvrettski

Multiplayer dying fast??

it seems to have stabilized somewhat for now yes.

however its a 50% down from the release and on a slight 3 month downward trend.

that exact numbers aren't the point anyway.

it becomes more interesting if you deduct the wasteland, life and dayz numbers.

http://arma3.swec.se/game/statistics

The numbers are only the indicator of the issues anyway (crashes, client/server low fps, dated server browser, AI accuracy, etc).

Edited by .kju [PvPscene]

BP probably is the reason for stabilization of player numbers recently.

I mean, in that pie chart underneath the "most played missions" list, does BP count as DayZ, Day_M, Sandbox, RPG, what?

I mean, in that pie chart underneath the "most played missions" list, does BP count as DayZ, Day_M, Sandbox, RPG, what?

BP seems to be included in COOP mode.

;2575670']it seems to have stabilized somewhat for now yes.

however its a 50% down from the release and on a slight 3 month downward trend.

that exact numbers aren't the point anyway.

it becomes more interesting if you deduct the wasteland' date=' life and dayz numbers.

[url']http://arma3.swec.se/game/statistics[/url]

The numbers are only the indicator of the issues anyway (crashes, client/server low fps, dated server browser, AI accuracy, etc).

so, then the answer would be: no the multiplayer is NOT dying fast, and we are done here with the thread.

Yeah you are done as you seem to read only the title.. the rest will continue with a meaningful discussion how MP needs to be improved.

It's a bit funny to see that people bought ArmA3 thinking they would play some hardcore military stuff,but find themselves playing role playing missions :D

well, i loved life missions, funny enough, when i brought arma 2, after upgrading my pc for it finally, i was buying it as ofp thinking this is ofp 2 for me, but ended up playing chernarus life missions all the time. They are exciting.

I don't see MP dying at all. In fact I love playing KoTH on the Hostile Takeover servers. Look forward to what BobbyDigital is doing.

Wasteland is growing. As the Altis version gets improved upon, at some point a large scale Wasteland will be nice.

In addition, the single player of Whole Lotta Altis is damn great. And SaOK is working on a coop version of that.

Not to mention there are tons of other great MP missions out there.

the in-game server browser has an issue where it can only load a limited number of servers ( I think that is the problem from what I read ) so there might be many many servers that you are not seeing. I know that when I apply certain filters, I can see servers that I could not see when I had no filters applied. It would appear that by applying the filter and only asking for servers that meet that criteria, it is possible to bypass some of the issue with only seeing a limited number.

the in-game server browser has an issue where it can only load a limited number of servers ( I think that is the problem from what I read ) so there might be many many servers that you are not seeing. I know that when I apply certain filters, I can see servers that I could not see when I had no filters applied. It would appear that by applying the filter and only asking for servers that meet that criteria, it is possible to bypass some of the issue with only seeing a limited number.

The server browser is just broken and unpractical.

I really hope we get a new one soon.

Having gone and played A3 MP for the first time in a long while, I have to say... IT WAS GREAT!

Sure there are points to nitpick, and there are still some failings, but overall I'd say that the quality and experience have increased 10 fold since the alpha, and even in the first weeks of the alpha it was clear this is a refreshing rebirth of the franchise.

I'm still deeply in love with A2, and love it's content, and the amount of active players/servers... but Arma 3 is for sure an amazing successor to the throne.

+1 to TSAndrey about the MP Server browser, it's wreaks of it's age, and even for it's age it was not exactly setting the bar for sex appeal in games.

The color tones and alpha of the menu's are all amazing, the "f" in the font is odd and too thin, the menus in general are not layed out, designed, or worded in a very user friendly or appealing manor. I feel like maybe there should be a design contest for folks to redesign the UI.

It's not horrible but it could not only be better, but it could be something special.

Once in game though I was pretty steadily impressed with the FPS and quality of play considering the size and quality of the terrain.

Certainly needs some working still, but what I love about Arma is that it's built as a foundation to be used for years to come, in a 1-2 years, there will be PILES of content, and the equipment we're all playing on will be far more capable of living up to the ability of the engine.

Where does Breaking Point fit into the "most popular game modes" chart?

I'm afraid Dayz and its variants are not really REAL Arma. The faithful look at DayZ more like a bastard child they wish never existed even though it makes up a huge portion of the Arma missions being played. For purposes of this discussion they will probably tolerate the DayZ variants if only to make the numbers look better. Wasteland and Life arent seen as much better I'm sure. Delete those three and your down 50%+ leaving domination, sector control , king of the hill, and the coops.

Edited by Bvrettski

new performance 1.08 server binary is already used on our stress test servers and by quite some admins ...

so if you have blazing FPS on those servers you can blame me later ;)

Do what I did -take a much needed break from Arma series and go play something else for a month or two. When you come back -it's Gold baby!

I'm afraid Dayz and its variants are not really REAL Arma. The faithful look at DayZ more like a bastard child they wish never existed even though it makes up a huge portion of the Arma missions being played. For purposes of this discussion they will probably tolerate the DayZ variants if only to make the numbers look better. Wasteland and Life arent seen as much better I'm sure. Delete those three and your down 50%+ leaving domination, sector control , king of the hill, and the coops.

didn't they change the dayZ license lately or make it more explicit? i heard some rumors of breaking point having to get rid of all the dayZ code now.

Edited by Bad Benson

Do what I did -take a much needed break from Arma series and go play something else for a month or two. When you come back -it's Gold baby!

I endorse that.

didn't they change the dayZ license lately or make it more explicit? i heard some rumors of breaking point having to get rid of all the dayZ code now.

Yep DayZ Mod is licensed only for A2.

DayZ mod license share alike

Arma 2 Only - You may not convert or adapt this material to be used in other games than Arma 2