Sign in to follow this  
bvrettski

Multiplayer dying fast??

oh, i also remember, someone mentioned to play with physix settings, if its set to cpu, gpu or auto, that it can help solve crashes.

If some guys could do more than reading than just the title..

A3 MP has still serious issues:

* Very low client fps for at least certain scenarios and no debugging tools or serious effort by BI to solve that

* Very low server fps from rather modest AI numbers

* Frequent client crashes (mostly from physx)

* Very weak server browser

* AI needs a lot of work; default configuration and engine issues

* Almost everything runs default diffculty

* No integrated addon sync

If there were no DayZ mods and wasteland, we would be basically back to A1/A2/OA MP numbers.

Is this anywhere an acceptable state?

depends on system and scenario. I personally can't remember when i had a crash as a client last time. Joined 1 altis life server 25 fps, joined another 50 fps - server hardware based/ mission optimization? Stable 40 fps with 100+ players, from a3rc.com community, but only PvP no AI, 30+coop matches invide & annex and patrol ops 3, also stable 40-50 fps on a3rc coop server.

Good that the world revolves just around you.. probably everyone else must be lying..

Probably it does, if, i'm the only one person in the world, who is able to play arma 3 without crashes, low fps, and on stable, good optimized servers. Poor other 100 people who are on the same server i'm on, must be a pain to play for them.

Edited by NeuroFunker

;2569534']Good that the world revolves just around you.. probably everyone else must be lying..

The world doesn't revolve just around you either. That's why he said "I personally..."

I personally haven't had a single physx crash either since they "fixed" it some time ago.

i gave up multiplayer a while back. i try it after every update but nothing changes. in single player, i can run all settings at max with the exception being view distance which i set to 2km. i get no less than 30 FPS with occasional drops to <5 FPS every 15-20 sec.

it really is a shame BIS have yet to find the cause of the low client fps in multiplayer, and also fix the overly too common stuttering.

many of my friends would drop BF4 and COD:Ghosts in a heartbeat if these issues with A3 were fixed.

oh, probably i should have bolded "i personally" too. Let see if he notices.

---------- Post added at 08:57 ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 ----------

Dynamo;2569544']i gave up multiplayer a while back. i try it after every update but nothing changes. in single player' date=' i can run all settings at max with the exception being view distance which i set to 2km. i get no less than 30 FPS with occasional drops to <5 FPS every 15-20 sec.

it really is a shame BIS have yet to find the cause of the low client fps in multiplayer, and also fix the overly too common stuttering.

[b']many of my friends would drop BF4 and COD:Ghosts in a heartbeat if these issues with A3 were fixed[/b].

well, there is still arma 2 there, just in case.

I would like to know why servers can impact FPS in the first place

Me too, rubberband effect, desync i can undetstand but why does it make my framerate drop :confused:

Probably it does, if, i'm the only one person in the world, who is able to play arma 3 without crashes, low fps, and on stable, good optimized servers. Poor other 100 people who are on the same server i'm on, must be a pain to play for them.

Which reminds me to apologize for all my blind fanboy defense at all costs of arma 3 when it was in alpha/beta to anyone else who had "real" concerns regarding the game, I see now i must have come across as a complete arsehole.

Anyway come on BI! If you build it, they will come :)

Which reminds me to apologize for all my blind fanboy defense at all costs of arma 3 when it was in alpha/beta to anyone else who had "real" concerns regarding the game, I see now i must have come across as a complete arsehole.

Anyway come on BI! If you build it, they will come :)

either i'm to sleepy, but what?! Didn't understand a byte here.

I don't think it's dying, I think it just needs to get out there more. Plus, it's a relatively new game, many people are still going to get it.

This Thread is done.

My conclusion wich everyone should agree on:

MP isn´t dying but has problems related to performance. Performance may vary depending on own PC, Server and Mission played.

Official Debug Tools are desired to identify the problem.

And if I can add a small annoying fact that there's not actually much choice of anything to play online, that's a huge let down for a game seemingly designed (and balanced) for MP... And I'm talking specifically about PVP/TVT oriented game modes, I just want to play the game online with the unique style that Arma can provide but unfortunately that's not going to happen, so in my opinion it's a bit more that just performance, it's substance as well.

This Thread is done.

MP isn´t dying but has problems related to performance. Performance may vary depending on own PC, Server and Mission played.

^^ this +1

And if I can add a small annoying fact that there's not actually much choice of anything to play online, that's a huge let down for a game seemingly designed (and balanced) for MP... And I'm talking specifically about PVP/TVT oriented game modes, I just want to play the game online with the unique style that Arma can provide but unfortunately that's not going to happen, so in my opinion it's a bit more that just performance, it's substance as well.

Something like this ? :p

This Thread is done.

Absolutely agreed. I have right now made another mission that runs okay if I host it locally but goes dreadfully slow on dedicated server. Even locally, it is way too slow for what is happening, but I cannot find out why that is the case, no weird or complex scripts running, and around 90 AI.

What is really really URGENTLY needed are debug tools/performance tools that allow to find out WHAT the hell is going on, and what exactly sucks up all the CPU cycles. Without that, you're basically limited to trial and error.

BIS, we need those. Seriously.

What is really really URGENTLY needed are debug tools/performance tools that allow to find out WHAT the hell is going on, and what exactly sucks up all the CPU cycles. Without that, you're basically limited to trial and error.

BIS, we need those. Seriously.

This might help? http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Performance_Profiling Released today some day.

Edited by Greenfist

not today, next DEV update ... ;)

I knew that... just checking if you're keeping your eye on this thread too. ;)

;2557633']Player stats are certainly declining quite much unfortunately:

http://steamstatshistory.appspot.com/list

You can't rely on that. I've logged THOUSANDS of hours in arma 2, but I've only got about 17 hours logged. Same for arma 3. If you launch it with playwith6 or a few other launching tools, it doesn't count that you're playing it.