Sign in to follow this  
bvrettski

Multiplayer dying fast??

MP is pretty bad in A3. But the worst problem is BIS attitude towards its customers. This is what has driven most people away.

ht*p://redd.it/1r5g2p

Just go to Steam / Arma 3 forum and look at the trashcan. Its overflowing with complaints about Arma 3. If you complain about problems with Arma 3, they go straight in the trash.

MP is pretty bad in A3. But the worst problem is BIS attitude towards its customers. This is what has driven most people away.

Just go to Steam / Arma 3 forum and look at the trashcan. Its overflowing with complaints about Arma 3. If you complain about problems with Arma 3, they go straight in the trash.

Are these people complaining new to the series? Complaints don't get trashed if they are worded in a non rude manor.

Think of the steam forums as a place to vent anger for people, that what the BF forums are for as well. There are also many who bought the game while waiting for Dayz.

I would much rather BI listen to the forum community here then on the steam forums filled with temporary dayz players, COD players and BF players all wanting Arma to be more like those games. BI is aware of the issues so no point in replying to ever single whining thread on steam with players that didn't do their research before purchase.

---------- Post added at 06:28 ---------- Previous post was at 06:17 ----------

The trash bin and the rest of the steam forums are filled with people complaining that the islands are too boring. And others complaining Arma 3 doesn't copy BF4 or COD ghosts. The steam forums are also filled with all the players that got banned on these forums here. The people their don't understand things are the way they are because its realistic as well.

The fps problem is likely being worked on and doesn't have to be posted about every five seconds either.

Edited by ProGamer

ArmA 3 gained its initial boost in popularity from the casual audience, such as Wasteland players (I'm not sure what other missions are popular, I rarely play pubbie ArmA). We've seen two major FPS franchises make releases in the past month and it's natural for those players to migrate to more recent games. Those aren't dedicated Armaholics that are leaving, those are players, who generally play a new game for a few months and then shelve it.

---------- Post added at 06:34 ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 ----------

[/color]

ArmA 3 gained its initial boost in popularity from the casual audience, such as Wasteland players (I'm not sure what other missions are popular, I rarely play pubbie ArmA). We've seen two major FPS franchises make releases in the past month and it's natural for those players to migrate to more recent games. Those aren't dedicated Armaholics that are leaving, those are players, who generally play a new game for a few months and then shelve it.

People who are new to Arma also forget a large amount of the multiplayer population is from mods like ACE and others that haven't been released yet or from missions that are either WIP or released yet.

Edited by ProGamer

I would much rather BI listen to the forum community here then on the steam forums filled with temporary dayz players, COD players and BF players all wanting Arma to be more like those games. BI is aware of the issues so no point in replying to ever single whining thread on steam with players that didn't do their research before purchase.

Personally, I'd rather BI have set up some goals for themselves that are realistic and achievable.

If they listened to the "community" for direction, they would be back and forth more than a 1940's milkman.

Personally, I'd rather BI have set up some goals for themselves that are realistic and achievable.

If they listened to the "community" for direction, they would be back and forth more than a 1940's milkman.

I am referring to the chaotic steam forums players new to the series rudely complain about things they could easily look up.

When the mindless complaining hordes that every game has want to complain, steam forums is usually the first place. Players their complain the maps aren't fun like COD or BF because Arma uses real terrain.

Edited by ProGamer

I am referring to the chaotic steam forums players new to the series rudely complain about things they could easily look up.

When the mindless complaining hordes that every game has want to complain, steam forums is usually the first place. Players their complain the maps aren't fun like COD or BF because Arma uses real terrain.

You can't just write off a whole group of people because they choose to make their point on Steam. Yes some of them are rude, but then there's lot's of rude people on this forum.

So if someone on Steam forum makes the best point in the world about Arma, then it is automatically invalidated because they said it on Steam and not here?

You need to chill out about stuff man. They can say whatever they want, they're paying customers as well. Just because you (and most likely I) don't agree with their POV, doesn't mean we're any better because we make our posts here. You should be a bit more open minded man and maybe chill the fuck out a bit. Lot's more good things happen on a daily basis if one exhibits less prejudice; in my experience...

You can't just write off a whole group of people because they choose to make their point on Steam. Yes some of them are rude, but then there's lot's of rude people on this forum.

So if someone on Steam forum makes the best point in the world about Arma, then it is automatically invalidated because they said it on Steam and not here?

You need to chill out about stuff man. They can say whatever they want, they're paying customers as well. Just because you (and most likely I) don't agree with their POV, doesn't mean we're any better because we make our posts here. You should be a bit more open minded man and maybe chill the fuck out a bit. Lot's more good things happen on a daily basis if one exhibits less prejudice; in my experience...

I do not think that either forum is worse or better, only that one forum had more of a new different crowd who are new to Arma with different ideas from the fan base here: But this is off topic from the thread.

I'd much rather BI listen to the civilized players intelligent enough to find these forums and the fans here
... :lol:

Seriously, this deserves no better a response.

... :lol:

Seriously, this deserves no better a response.

Maybe not the best thing I've ever said... And was more so in reply to someone saying that the trash bin section of the steam forums were filled with valid nicely worded posts. But this is getting off topic from its topic that has been answered already but no one wants to scroll back through the pages.

I do not think that either forum is worse or better, only that one forum had more of a new different crowd who are new to Arma with different ideas from the fan base here: But this is off topic from the thread.

That concern could easily be leveled at this forum. It has changed so much in the last 12 months.

That concern could easily be leveled at this forum.
Pretty much why I don't hold nearly the regard for the BI forums that others do as some holy sanctuary of "Arma the way it's meant to be played". That, and for Arma "communities" I've got other boards to look into and participate in besides BI or Steam's forums. Edited by Chortles

Speak for yourself, and one of the best qualities about BI is that they're so interactive with it's customers. Unfortunately, if you're looking to voice your concerns on steam and be heard, then that may not work out so well. They've the forums and the FBT for feedback. Also it may sound a bit "mean", but for the most part, the people who actually have valid complaints and can usually be found here and/or on the FBT in any case. More times than not, the complaints you read on steam usually equate to -"why isn't Arma more like COD or Battlefield?". (not always, but a very good portion of the time)

Which can also be found here and on the FBT, but to a lesser degree. It's certainly alot easier for BI to keep tabs on community complaints, views, wishes etc etc. I'd hate to be a game dev and rely on the steam forums for feedback.

Thread title needs changing , there seems to be a lack of balls to say it so I will

PvP and Life mods are all in good health and set to increase

CoOp is dead that is all

That concern could easily be leveled at this forum. It has changed so much in the last 12 months.

Isn't that the truth. Used to be that you could discuss things on these forums like grown men, instead it's full of babies throwing tantrums either because they can't stand that people criticize BI and are out to white knight everybody into the ground with circular logic and assinine arguing, or it's the insanely disrespectful and full of insult tantrum that has nothing constructive in terms of feedback.

Funny thing is, there's no middle ground there anymore. You can't like BI and still be critical or vice versa, you're either a hater or a fanboy.

Lets be honest, changes had to come to this forum eventually, the banal sentiment of you and others, made it happen. A club of players thinking this was the centre of the universe when it came to the series. Its not, it had something around 6-8000 members two years ago or so, out of how many copies sold (hard copies), in the past decade or so.

Best to open your eyes and look around, the majority don’t come on these forums because of the likes of yourself, not the new comers, double standards was the norm on here.

The 'its my and my opinion only that count' days, have gone, that's good for the forums, they are alive now with new members and ideas, not all good, but in lots of ways, better than it was.

Isn't that the truth. Used to be that you could discuss things on these forums like grown men, instead it's full of babies throwing tantrums either because they can't stand that people criticize BI and are out to white knight everybody into the ground with circular logic and assinine arguing, or it's the insanely disrespectful and full of insult tantrum that has nothing constructive in terms of feedback.

Funny thing is, there's no middle ground there anymore. You can't like BI and still be critical or vice versa, you're either a hater or a fanboy.

Care to point me to a "tantrum" post in this thread? Talk about being disrespectful? I find your statements are pretty ironic since they are exaggerations, and just belittle the people who may be defending BI against false claims or again... exaggerations. And people who share their point of view, are apparently either fanboys or haters :confused:

BI had long enough time!

How long the player will have to wait until the game times Works! 95% of all players are already gone!

Where are the all the false promises?

And the remaining 5% arguing about something that has been known for months!

Question: When is the last the final? Until now, it has for me still an alpha status!

Care to point me to a "tantrum" post in this thread? Talk about being disrespectful? I find your statements are pretty ironic since they are exaggerations, and just belittle the people who may be defending BI against false claims or again... exaggerations. And people who share their point of view, are apparently either fanboys or haters :confused:

*Points to above quote.* Someone taking something personal that in all likelihood wasn't even directed at them and then throwing a tantrum about it. It was a statement about the forums in general and the apparent bias towards one end of the spectrum or the other and the lack of understanding or respect among many members, and not a personal attack against any one person.

*Points to above quote.* Someone taking something personal that in all likelihood wasn't even directed at them and then throwing a tantrum about it. It was a statement about the forums in general and the apparent bias towards one end of the spectrum or the other and the lack of understanding or respect among many members, and not a personal attack against any one person.

Taking something personal? And how, in anyway was my reply a tantrum? :confused: As the first statement *Points to above quote* was obviously directed towards me, so I'm just curious. You're over exaggerating once again to get your point across.

Iceman77 keep your stuff to PM. Completely offtopic.

You already have: http://feedback.arma3.com/view.php?id=15987 Try to only post notes that link to tickets that need to be set as related though please.

Maybe I'm not understanding this correctly but are you suggesting that posting in the issue tracker would have a better / more direct effect on getting BIS to focus on multiplayer (or any issue for that matter)?

I seriously doubt it. To date I have't seen a single suggestion in that list addressed. I take it back they did deal with the Physx issue a bit because the game was broken for large numbers of people.

Deploying a weapon / proper use of bipods - Nope

Low CPU/GPU Utilization - Nope

Firing from vehicles - Nope

Female soldiers models should be available in the game - Nope

New technique for rendering grass at far distance - Nope

Feature Request: 3D Optics using Picture-In-Picture engine capability. (Red Orchestra Style) - Nope

Sophisticated considerations on how to get rid of the blurry mid range textures - Nope

Add ability to climb onto/over objects - Nope

Some sort of melee? - Nope

Realistic Wounding System - Nope

Easy way to significantly improve the clunky action menu - Nope

Bullet-in-chamber accounting - Nope

Grenade throwing is unrealistic (too fast) - Nope

[Feature request] Fast Roping - Nope

Agree or disagree with these issues / features, I dont care, but when the change logs and patch notes include things like:

Tweaking of dust effects created by infantry

Hit of ground by rifles should be now better visible on medium and low particle quality

New underwater effect for smoke grenades

Divers and their equipment has been visually tweaked

...and the issues that would seem more important in terms of the overall game go by the wayside then I don't get the feeling BIS really give two cents about whats in the issue tracker....or what is said in these forums. They are just outlets for us players to use and for them to gather ideas going forward.

At the end of the day I wouldn't put too much faith in the tracker system. Unless your "issue" has suddenly made the game catastrophically unplayable for a large number of people. BIS isn't going to take it on until they choose to..if they even care to.

One thing you do have to think about is how easy it is. Bipods, for example, may take up several months of work, whereas dust effects may not take as long. For all we know they could be working on it, but have simpler and sometimes more important things to work on first.

I will say it again, people need to understand that game artist can't work on coding related problems. So yes you will still a lot of

"Tweaking of dust effects created by infantry

Hit of ground by rifles should be now better visible on medium and low particle quality

New underwater effect for smoke grenades

"

and less of:

"Deploying a weapon / proper use of bipods - Nope

Low CPU/GPU Utilization - Nope

"

maybe it is too hard for you to understand?

Also, half of thos request are not that game breaking at all if they are never implemented.

One thing you do have to think about is how easy it is. Bipods, for example, may take up several months of work, whereas dust effects may not take as long. For all we know they could be working on it, but have simpler and sometimes more important things to work on first.

Nice, so following this mind we will never have Bipods (or any other kinda of core feature) because it takes "too long"?

( Anyway, I'm still laughin for the "trowing grenade" system. That's absolulty garbage. Who ever had the task on that should be fired. )

Edited by Babylonjoke