Sign in to follow this  
dimitri_harkov

Guerra do Ultramar

I'm now planning a 3 or 4 mini campaign around 1970/1971: Operation Trident.

Will try to get both sides of conflict as PLAYER and not always Blufor.

People here who know my missions know I like to play the "bad guy", but seems after reading up on this, both sides were bad guys with all the atrocities committed,

but I can't get into politics on this thread..................

That sounds promising!

Lastly, which helo should I use for transporting troops and which Jet can fire Napalm?

Thanks for your help on this.

You are more than welcome :)

The most common Portuguese transport Heli was the Alouette III.

Comandos/Para-quedistas used 4-5 of them + 1 armed with a machine cannon when going on a mission.

Later, the Puma was introduced, but numbers always were low.

It has a much greater transport capacity, however.

The guerillas have no access to helicopters in GDU (yet?), but there is a mercenary Mi-17 on all sides that you could use.

No jet can fire napalm yet. The only real jet in the mod is the Portuguese Fiat G.91 fighter bomber.

It's only loadout at the moment is: twin 30mm DEFA cannons & 38 SNEB 68mm unguided rockets.

Napalm has been requested several times, though, and I will add it later (now who would have thought that... damn you Vietnam war! ;)).

I'll also add free fall bombs.

BTW, the map is really good. I think its New Guinea, correct?

Thank you :)

No, it's entirely made up by me.

But I will indeed move it to the Pacific area at some point and add it to Hell in the Pacific too (the A3 version, though).

Cheers,

Dimitri

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

Hi Dimitri,

how does it works the script: DIH_ACRE_vehRadios_special and what are its features ?

Hello.

Just execute the script on every client (or in the player's init box in SP) and it will add ACRE functionality to all vehicles, the static communication radio item and the soldiers with pack radios.

Cheers!

@Dimitri, Hi........

I am on the second mission of my Single Player Campaign and CANNOT get the Tasks nor Notes to show while in preview mode.

I've read and re-read your manuals and have noticed that you've focused mainly towards MP/PvP/TvT play mode, yet not much support for SP.

Also, in middle of screen is some Paper brown note with ( Range, Elevation, ETA).

I do not need this, so how do I delete it, if I can and most importantly, what keybinding is needed to get the player to view the Tasks and Notes for the briefing.sqf?

I prefer the old standard easy method. My init.sqf has execVM "briefing.sqf"; yet not showing up.........................

Please help me on this. Trying to be the first one done and uploaded to BIS/Armaholic with a Camp for this MOD

hi dimitri, your work is amazing, and the choice of gamma ray as a video soundtrack, here are my suggestions (currently im trying to learn blender so i would like to help in the future but not now)...

gendarmare/police

m7 rifle grenade launcher

m79 grenade launcher

soviet/nato 60s field radios and atenas

grass/leaf camoflague attachment on some webbing or hats for classic concealment/camo for guerillas

propaganda posters on walls on buildings

here are some photos

http://britains-smallwars.com/RRGP/Agila/gallery.htm

Hello miraoister,

thank you very much :)

-Indeed, security forces would be nice, especially since I even have most of their weapons in-game already.

-The M7 was not really used on any rifles I have, and the M79 is already available in-game.

-radios: those are pretty hard to get hold of... but would of course be a nice addition (even though the currently available radio fits the setting just fine).

-camo improvements: good point, I'll try to look into it.

-posters: I'll keept that in mind when I spice up the map

Thanks for your suggestions and the photo link :)

Cheers,

D.

although i have done some basic scripting before many years ago, im currently making a mission based on your map, in the last outpost, but im trying to give the rebels soviet weapons, so its easier to tell the difference at night, im not focussing to much on realism, in tactics, im just trying to learn again the script commands, however im having trouble trying to give weapons to the soldiers in your mod, the weapon names, are they the same as the p85 mod, or do they have different names?

for examle i was trying to do this...

this addWeapon "class P85_SKS"

and i get the no entry, i also looked at the Vilas eastern weapons... "class VIL_SKS"

could you give me a link to the class names you use?

Sure, the class name lists are in the documentation folder of the mod on your hard drive :)

I noticed the weapon class names in the pdf does not mention AKM/47/78, I found sks though:), however I would really like to use eastern weapons pack/p85 weapons as I would like to add the FN FAL with wooden furniture, and a real wide range of kalashnifnov, like type 56. I use Six mod manager so I'm guessing I should physically put those pbos in the GDU folder maybe?

The author for what I know uses Bis ArmA2 / OA AK-47s as well as FN-FAL, PKM etc...

I guess you can put a folder like Vil P85_soviet weapons in the DIH folder if you want and make your weapons choice in mission editing as you want...

DIH should add more west and east weapons in a possible future release.

The author for what I know uses Bis ArmA2 / OA AK-47s as well as FN-FAL, PKM etc...

Indeed.

In the past P85 used different accuracy values than stock weapons which made it hard to combine with other mods. Now I do not know if this is still the case, but keep it in mind if you try (In general combining two total conversions rarely works - P85 + GDU would be cool, though.).

Vilas' stand alone east/west weapon packs on the other hand should work quite nicely with GDU :)

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

ok, i would like to release a mission at some point on this mod, and i dont want to move things around too much its problem for other players. but i will stick to the standard weapons for now thanks...

but im using Play withSix so i assumed that it should of allowed me to combine pbos from different mods as theyre in the same Six folder but i was wrong, anyway, i will keep you up to date with my mission plan...

but with the above advice i will go and get the east/west packs...

also are these soldiers available in the mod?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/709/mplaa2.jpg/

Edited by miraoister

Here's my first mission using only DIH_Africa addons and @CBA, plus optional (only if you want it) ACE_SM (for sound realism).

The download link is at:

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/61109616/file.html

While this is the preview pic:

DIHcolonialwars1_zps34abc343.jpg

Nothing special, an improbable mission defending the border Mozambique/Tanzania from FRELIMO raiders.

The mission is pretty difficult, I need your feedback for possible release of newer and more realistic missions in the next future.

Enjoy

Very nice one, thanks CimaleX!

I didn't get further than the second objective yet but I really enjoyed it so far. :)

Cheers!

Hi Dimitri,

how can I detonate the antipersonnel (AP) mines you put into the mod?

I put them on ground with mission editor but when I walk above they don't jump and explode...

Any script?

Hi Dimitri,

I put them on ground with mission editor but when I walk above they don't jump and explode...

Any script?

Wouldn't those work only against the enemy?

What if you changed the unit you're testing with and see what happens?

Seems silly that they would be enemy specific, but who knows:j:

Any script?

Due to a small oversight in a config, you sometimes have to put down the 'require CBA' module for the AP mines to work.

Thanks for the feedback guys. This and many other things will of course be fixed/added in a future update :)

Cheers,

D.

Edited by Dimitri_Harkov

This means that I have to put on or out a specific version of CBA?

Or is there a specific scrip or command?

Another little thing, when you released DIH_Africa for the first time (Required many P85 addons, I gess was 2010 or so...) there was a command to show FAP Portugese roundels (Cruz de cristo roundel) as it was designed by bushwars to show or not SSAF roundel.

Have you maintaned it ?

Cheers

This means that I have to put on or out a specific version of CBA?

Or is there a specific scrip or command?

No, just put down the 'Require CBA' editor module in your mission in the editor.

Another little thing, when you released DIH_Africa for the first time (Required many P85 addons, I gess was 2010 or so...) there was a command to show FAP Portugese roundels (Cruz de cristo roundel) as it was designed by bushwars to show or not SSAF roundel.

Have you maintaned it ?

Hm - I don't really understand. Is there any SSAF roundel visible? That shouldn't be.

Cheers!

Yes, if you open the folder "t" (inside AloIII) you will find the following textures:

POR_alou_signs_ca and UNITA_alou_signs_ca, plus SLA.

In theory using old ArmA commands: this setobjecttexture [2,"\bwc_alouiii\data\t\alou_signs_ca.paa"] this shown SAAF roundels in old BWC ArmA1 choppers.

Now should be: this setobjecttexture [2,"\dih_bwc_alouiii\dih\dih_bwc_alouiii\data\t\POR_alou_signs_ca.paa"] this shown SAAF roundels in old BWC ArmA1 choppers.

Give a look if the path is correct, should be the same with Puma choppers.

I didn't change that from the original files.

So, the 2 Pumas and the unarmed Alouette III should still have the feature.

Hi Dimitri,

look on armaholic SP mission thread there's another mission made by me:

SP misison : [RWO] DIH Foot patrol by CimaleX

This time I associated the DIH_Africa Mod to the RWO thread because those mission are based on real events.

Enjoy.

Here's my first mission using only DIH_Africa addons and @CBA, plus optional (only if you want it) ACE_SM (for sound realism).

The download link is at:

http://www16.zippyshare.com/v/61109616/file.html

While this is the preview pic:

http://i344.photobucket.com/albums/p356/alexcimenti69/DIHcolonialwars1_zps34abc343.jpg

Nothing special, an improbable mission defending the border Mozambique/Tanzania from FRELIMO raiders.

The mission is pretty difficult, I need your feedback for possible release of newer and more realistic missions in the next future.

Enjoy

I killed the mortar team by driving the jeep over them!

I wasn't even looking!

Hi miraoister,

great work, doesn't matter what kinda weapons you have used...

Raod kills!

EXCELENT JOB! Very good, as a portuguese i'm very happy to see the portuguese units in ArmA! Will you port this to ArmA 3!? That would be fantastic!