Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

Where can I found RPM and Init Speed of a rifle???

Hi friends:

I want to figure out how to get the round per minutes, initial speed of bullet of certain rifle, but cannot find them in cfgWeapon.

It seems that Init Speed could be found at cfgMagazine, but... doesn't the rifle per se influence the speed of bullet??

Thanks for your help.

DragonZen

---------- Post added 11-15-2013 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 11-14-2013 at 11:46 PM ----------

In addition, I can find the cfgRecoils but I don't know the meanings

class CfgRecoils

{

someRifle_Recoil[] =

{

0.100000,0.000000,-0.018000,

0.100000,-0.010000,0.010000,

};

};

Third set of 3 is based on Second set of 3, or is absolute position related to 0,0,0??

Since we have the data, I wonder whether we can conduct a calculation and present the recoil with simple parameter, so that players could compare the recoil very easy and straight forword.

It seems that Init Speed could be found at cfgMagazine, but... doesn't the rifle per se influence the speed of bullet??

DragonZen

Not in this game. Muzzle velocity is set my the magazine not the weapon unless you add a suppressor, in which case there's a coefficient that modifies the speed. The only ballistics parameter in cfgWeapons is the dispersion angle everything else is ammunition/magazine based.

Cyclic rate (RPM) is based on the reloadTime parameter in the fire modes class.

Not really sure whether the displacement parameters in cfgRecoils are additive, or simply based on the vector in which the weapon was pointing when it started firing.

You could maybe experiment to find out, by setting up a recoil where the third value in each triplet (muzzle climb) are +/- opposites of each-other, and see whether the muzzle oscillates between your original point of aim and some angle away from it (would indicate that the displacement is additive), or oscillates between two equal angles away from your point of aim (would indicate that all displacements are relative to the initial aiming vector). I'd make sure the kickback parameter (2nd in the array) was zero for all triplets - just to make things easier to spot.

You could maybe experiment to find out, by setting up a recoil where the third value in each triplet (muzzle climb) are +/- opposites of each-other, and see whether the muzzle oscillates between your original point of aim and some angle away from it (would indicate that the displacement is additive), or oscillates between two equal angles away from your point of aim (would indicate that all displacements are relative to the initial aiming vector). I'd make sure the kickback parameter (2nd in the array) was zero for all triplets - just to make things easier to spot.

Thanks friends.

I don't edit config, just want to understand the current data and present the different parameter with script, :D