Sign in to follow this  
Stiltman

(STI) A-10 for ARMA 3

If you spawn a hardened hangar in Stratis, it should still work. But there are soft hangars in Stratis Air Base and you can easily create HEMMT Ammo Trucks in the mission, too. Same goes for any map, including custom ones.

will you be adding ccrp to it because that would be awesome. ACE from arma 2 has it and it is great.

Edited by TrevorMcNeill

I hope I'm not too late to add this, but I thought about how a Litening II Targeting pod could work for the pilot without the pilots view being "stuck" to the targeting pods location, and then I thought that it should be possible to make the Warthog a bit of a "UAV" in the sense that it has a UAV turret that can be accessed through a UAV terminal, making it possible to switch to the targeting pod and laser designate targets for GBU strikes.

@Chortles, to be honest I have not seen any on Stratis, maybe I am mistaken. Is there any?

yes indeed the northern most hangar on the stratis airfield is a preset hardened hangar

he recieved a warning why ??

Because it will be done when it is done! No amount of asking will make the progress go quicker, also there is a rule on the forums not to bump threads asking for progress reports.

he recieved a warning why ??

Because it's in the forum rules:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

what a shitty rule..

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated

If you have questions/complaints/comments about the forum or moderators please Private Message them to a moderator, we will do our utmost to reply to any that we receive. If you have an issue that you feel cannot be solved by another moderator then please Private Message the Bohemia Interactive Forum Moderation Team Leader (Placebo), he will be happy to look into the matter. You may also ask your questions in the "Ask a mod" thread; however that thread is not to be used to attack/rant against specific moderators or about specific rules but more for questions/answers.

You can trust that the mod makers will update their threads when they have an update. It's not unusual for threads to be dead for a while. Spamming like that only spams the top of the forum with threads that bring nothing new.

You can trust that the mod makers will update their threads when they have an update. It's not unusual for threads to be dead for a while. Spamming like that only spams the top of the forum with threads that bring nothing new.

Yep. Also, the All in Arma mod lets you port over the A-10's from ArmA 2. Sure, it's not as pretty, but it will work for now. Just last night I put Blastcore from ArmA 2 into the game and it's not half bad.....of course his new one will look epic. Anyway, folks, enjoy the AiA..... It works pretty good for now. We have plenty of stuff to keep us busy: Alive, Tactical Battlefield, new Greek vehicles, scenarios, and etc.... There is so much stuff going on that my head is spinning :p ArmA is like a fine wine, it gets better with age.

§18) No public discussion on how the forum is moderated.

wow you know hitler also had a do what i want or die policy:j:

If you don't like the forum, please leave. Rules are rules.

^^ see that little black triangle above other posts .... it's now red :)

How has he not had an infraction yet? Anyway looking forward to this addon!

How has he not had an infraction yet? Anyway looking forward to this addon!

Moderators have to sleep aswell :). The appropriate punishments have now been issued, please no more insulting or remarks about the forum rules. So lets try to get back on topic now :)

Never mind this, I considered this post rude :P

But I would still like to ask if this is still going on, I have not seen any news for the past few months and I am worried that the mod may have disbanded. I would go with Peral's A-10C but that is far too difficult to start up for me.

Edited by SidanHeath
Added some stuff

Released (beta) on Armaholics!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=25324

Stiltman,

Thank you VERY MUCH for the (STI) A-10 for ARMA 3. I'm really enjoying it! It takes off smooth, looks great, and flies wonderful! Awesome. However, on a dedicated co-op multiplayer server with a headless client, the STI A-10 explodes as soon as a player climbs into the aircraft cockpit. So for now, we can only use the plane in single player. Is there something we are missing to get it working in a co-op multiplayer dedicated server? Does it need some kind of special signed "key" or something? Thank you!

-Vern

Super good mod, thanks a lot for going to all that trouble :D

It's my new favourite plane - fitting 22 Mk 82s and doing bombing runs is insanely entertaining, not to mention the GAU.

A question - what does the ANALQ 131 pod do? Google tells me it's an ECM pod but does it actually function in-game? Just curious.

Also, do you have plans to add the shark's teeth decal to any of the skins?

Thanks again :)

In Arma 2 at least the AN/ALQ-131 didn't do anything and just took up an external stores station, with both Sidewinders on a 'dual rail adapter' (to use the John_Spartan/Saul's Super Hornet mod term), so for Arma 3 the devs removed the pod from the Wipeout (though still modeling the Pave Penny) and instead moved an air-to-air missile over to it. Stiltman and I previously discussed ECM/EW simulation for A3 but I don't know his current plans if any.

Hi guys! Awesome job with the A10, it works great in single player!

I have a problem with it on our dedicated server though... I have the same problem as Heyvern69: It explodes the moment you get into it. (You play the get in animation, and get a flash of the cockpit before it explodes)

I have already tried rising the aircraft off of the ground by 0.5 meters.

It seems to be hit or miss when moving a player into the aircraft with the moveInDriver command.

Tested both in and out of a hangar.

Hi guys! Awesome job with the A10, it works great in single player!

I have a problem with it on our dedicated server though... I have the same problem as Heyvern69: It explodes the moment you get into it. (You play the get in animation, and get a flash of the cockpit before it explodes)

I have already tried rising the aircraft off of the ground by 0.5 meters.

It seems to be hit or miss when moving a player into the aircraft with the moveInDriver command.

Tested both in and out of a hangar.

Stiltman fixed this problem once. Now it's occurring again. I don't know why Stiltman hasn't updated the A-10 again. :confused: It's very sad that this mod is no longer supported. I LOVE this plane, so it really makes me want to cry that it's no longer supported.

All I can say for use on a dedicated server is . . . If you take a truck and bump the plane forward a few feet, you can then get inside without it exploding. :butbut: Don't bump it hard. You don't want to damage it. But again, if you bump it forward a few feet, it will no longer explode when you get in. Good luck.

-Vern