Sign in to follow this  
Espectro (DayZ)

Operation flashpoint: game of the year edition

I got this mail today from Codemasters:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Dear webmaster of www.operationflashpoint.net/

Codemasters will launch the ultimate Operation Flashpoint compendium pack this autumn for PC gamers. It brings together the million-plus selling original game enhanced with all the official upgrades, expansions and additional campaigns.

The compendium will be launched as Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition and is ideally suited to new Flashpoint recruits. It brings together the complete series including the original game, which has won multiple gaming awards the world over.

Delivering great value, Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition features Cold War Crisis, the Red Hammer campaign upgrade and the full expansion pack Resistance, which includes a campaign set before Cold War Crisis.

Join the massive Operation Flashpoint community at the dedicated microsite at http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint and access information, download demos and join discussions in the ever-popular forums.

Operation Flashpoint: Game of the Year Edition is set to launch this autumn.

Full details on the Operation Flashpoint series at: http://www.codemasters.com/flashpoint

<span id='postcolor'>

and considering what kind of f!@#ed up distributor CM is, i say it won't come out until last few days of 2002. wink.gif

umm, dont ya think they couldve come up with a new cover for the GOTY edition? Anyhow, they probably wont release it until Resistance has been patched at least once

This is really cool but as many OFP fans (if not all) already got all those addons do you think they will continue what they did when the game came out.

Always releasing new missions, vehicules, etc....

Please can you also think about people that already have the game TX wink.gifconfused.gifbiggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Aug. 29 2002,04:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyhow, they probably wont release it until Resistance has been patched at least once<span id='postcolor'>

Suma's already said that a patch should be out within a few weeks. That one.

I like the line about the hordes of rookies rushing to sign up - fairly optimistic, IMHO... smile.gif

Why? You going to use them as cannon fodder? wink.gif

I allready have the OFP Gold pack, and I just got Resistance so i would call it overkill to get the GOTY edition.

Does anybody know whether they're going to fix some of the big bugs in the older campaigns, especially the helicopter crashing after the cutscene in Red Hammer.

And how come none of the patches BIS has released since these bugs have been found contained fixes anyway? It doesn't really make sense for CM to re-release the older games when they are fully aware they contain nasty bugs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (karynova @ Aug. 30 2002,04:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Does anybody know whether they're going to fix some of the big bugs in the older campaigns, especially the helicopter crashing after the cutscene in Red Hammer.<span id='postcolor'>

FYI, unlike the original 1985 campaign and Resistance, which were developed by BIS, Red Hammer is a CM developed campaign.

Send your cards and letters to custservice@codemasters.com .

Well I knew that RH was created by CM, but I still thought that they might have worked togethor so CM could add their fix (which they don't seem to have bothered to create anyway) into the regular BIS patches for OFP.

What I meant was that there never seems to be any fixes made to existing campaigns. The patches BIS releases are always focused on game engine bugs or new features, and AFAIK, there has not been any patches for the missions themselves.

Please correct me in I'm wrong, OFP Mom. biggrin.gif

I don't know - I was playing a mission or two of RH last night under v1.75 and found that some of the bugs that had irritated me have been ironed out. In some cases fixing the engine bugs obviously fixed the mission bugs.

A little birdie at CM told me that the Grounded mission bug and others should indeed be corrected in the GOTY edition.

Still waiting for a reply if it will be fixed beforehand. I'm pessimistic.

Cool! Does this mean that all the versions in the GOTY edition will be automatically upgraded?

I hate having to download patches off the net!

What about all the bugs found in resistance?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Sep. 13 2002,11:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Cool!  Does this mean that all the versions in the GOTY edition will be automatically upgraded?

I hate having to download patches off the net!

What about all the bugs found in resistance?<span id='postcolor'>

I would assume that all patches will either be preapplied or sub-installed as part of the setup. That's the norm.

I think I'll trade in my OFP, RH, and OFP:R to EB and get OFP GOTY edition. Be cool if they put it all on one DVD-ROM, like in Baldur Gate 1 where you send in your 5 cds and get one DVD-ROM.

-=Die Alive=-

Well this is just perfect since my cousin just lost my Operation Flashpoint CD and case.

But it's no big deal since I never bought the game. My ex-roomate bought it, got tired of it, and then just gave it to me.  

That's how I first heard of Operation Flashpoint.

Not only that. I havn't bought red hammer, and resistance yet.

What good timinig for Operation Flashpoint GOTY to come out!

I'm still a 1.46 guy and was gonna go get resistance. I guess I'll wait.

Quick and polite reply but this could answer why I could not get GOTY in Ottawa:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi,

In reference to your inquiry:

The North American release of the GOTY Edition was delayed until Spring

2003. Keep an eye on our web page for updates to this information.

AS far as specific local distribution outlets, this is information I would

never have available to me.

===================

Please do not assume that we will remember this email. We ask that you

maintain the thread (a copy of this and previous emails) in your replies. It

will aid us in providing a more speedy answer.

Ron,

Codemasters USA

Technical Support

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Dec. 17 2002,20:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quick and polite reply but this could answer why I could not get GOTY in Ottawa:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi,

In reference to your inquiry:

The North American release of the GOTY Edition was delayed until Spring

2003. Keep an eye on our web page for updates to this information.

AS far as specific local distribution outlets, this is information I would

never have available to me.

===================

Please do not assume that we will remember this email. We ask that you

maintain the thread (a copy of this and previous emails) in your replies. It

will aid us in providing a more speedy answer.

Ron,

Codemasters USA

Technical Support

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

I could swear I saw it in Best Buy 2 weeks ago.