Sign in to follow this  
adanteh

how to use setApertureNew

Hello there. I was wondering about a relatively new command: setApertureNew [min, std, max, stdLum]

I figured I could setApertureNew [-1, std, -1, -1] and then use STD as my value to increase. However during the day the std value seems to be around 50 and during the night it's around 20. I was hoping to achieve a 10% aperture decrease to increase the light by the same amount during the day and night. Just setting setApertureNew [-1, 35, -1, -1]; will indeed make it lighter during the day, but it will make it darker at night. How do I go about doing something like that?

I'm pretty sure the values of min, std, max are a bound with a weighted center at std. So your values are for example 10 22 30 for min, std, max. stdLum is probably the reference value of illumination that gives the output of std for the aperture. Lesser luminations result in apertures higher or lower up to the ultimate aperture limits min and max. It's sort of a bounded auto range with a custom curve which is two gradients above and below a reference keying.

I'll have to test it out.