AveryTheKitty

Would someone mind assisting me with creating a title card?

Could someone please create a title card for me? 10 Seconds long, and how BI makes theirs look like. It will say: "Night515 presents," and then it will do the "blur" transition used by BI to "Operation Aegean Shield".

With my skills, I am unable to do this, so this would be a big help, and you will be mentioned in the Credits & Thanks.

PM me if you want.

NOTE: Make sure the font is Purista!

Edited by Nightmare515

Look how others have done it and pull apart their code ... tis the way to learn, young padawan!

I'm pretty sure BI made the titlecards with video editing, something I cannot do.

I'm pretty sure BI made the titlecards with video editing, something I cannot do.

It's reasonably easy to do, but time consuming. Just make 150-200 or so different images in a drawing package and import them into Windows Live Movie Maker (it's free to download from Microsoft) under the animations tab - set the duration of each image to around 0.05 - 0.08 - export/save video. Convert the video to .ogv format with Theora Convert of some other converter. BIS use a resolution of 1280x720 - so I used that. Or use fewer images and some of the standard effects - make the duration longer.

You mean something like this?

Cool!

Yeah, want it! Neat stuff pal.

You mean something like this?

Nice! That is cool titlecard :)

Hi, @nodrog1061! Indeed, it's a bit of a blast from the past! 🙂 

I'm afraid I don't have the video files to hand anymore, but I can at least share how I created that particular video. The official in-game titlecards were made from scratch in Adobe After Effects. They were specifically designed for the game and are sadly not available to the community.  The one in this thread however, was made for my Resist campaign, using what would now be quite an outdated version of Pinnacle Studio. The glitch effect was achieved by a rapid succession of .png overlays. These can actually be taken from Arma 3's UI data files (a3\ui_f_data\IGUI\RSCTitles\Static). You'll need to download something like the PBO manager to explore them. For variation, I mixed them up a bit, so no single glitch effect looks the same. There's also a generic static overlay at work, alongside simple rows of horizontal bars, with high opacity, rolling upwards to give the impression of an interlacing effect. The background is just a high definition static texture with a heavy vignette and some slow zoom applied. The text, during the static interference, is briefly re-positioned with varying levels of transparency. I can't remember exactly, but I may have added some pixellated bars too. The text also has some slow zoom applied. The background texture is subtly moving away from the camera, while the text is gradually moving towards it. In fact, it's not all dissimilar to the dolly zoom effect you might remember from the movie Jaws.😋 The fonts used are from the Purista family (medium, thin, and semi-bold, by the look of it).

I hope this in some way helps if you plan on creating something similar. Feel free to PM if you have any other questions.

• Like 3

Brilliant thank you @Kydoimos its a shame the official template is not available for the community ill to give the method you used a try but thank you very much again.

Edit

Do you know where the audio in the clip used in that video is it from is there a file somewhere in the game for it?

Edited by nodrog1061