Sign in to follow this  
AlexVestin

FGM-148 Javelin, can we fix it?

Forgot to thank you for that one :)

Now, I have not done anything that is particularly interesting to show as an update. This has been put on half-hold to leave me some time to update other weapons. Anyhow, I started off a little slow today and tried to get the missile starter-engine and the in-flight engine to start and match up a little better to the real Javelin. Will need some tweaking still, but it's something.

I ran into a problem that I would apprecciate some help with.

First off, any rifle can empty its magazine and have the magazine still attached to the weapon, but I can't get my missile magazine (tube) to stay in the weapon once it's fired. It's not behaving like any other magazine. It disappears from my inventory after I've fired the missile inside the tube. Is there some way to have a magazine contain a missile and not be deleted after use? Am I missing something in how launcher magazines are set up compared to a rifle magazine?

-I updated the first post with my current configs. Feel free to look at them and/or suggest any changes.

First off, any rifle can empty its magazine and have the magazine still attached to the weapon, but I can't get my missile magazine (tube) to stay in the weapon once it's fired. It's not behaving like any other magazine. It disappears from my inventory after I've fired the missile inside the tube. Is there some way to have a magazine contain a missile and not be deleted after use? Am I missing something in how launcher magazines are set up compared to a rifle magazine?

-I updated the first post with my current configs. Feel free to look at them and/or suggest any changes.

I hope its helps, i don´t know anything about configs, but ACE in OA and INKO Disposable for A3 creates like two diferent classes of magazine (the actual tube loaded and the dummy magazine empty) and weapon.

I know there's some scripting involved for launchers to behave like in ACE/INKO etc.

I just thought it seemed a little weird for magazines to be completely removed from the inventory if it contained a missile and is empty.

Nah, it could very much be.

If so, it's related to what slot the ammo uses in the inventory. Launcher ammo slots not being able to have an actual magazine or something like that.

You could use an EH and add an ammo used, but i'm not very expert with weapon/ammo creation

Why not try to add a new class in weapon.cfg like emptymagazine and hide the p3d missile when the magazine is empty.

Or like hide belt in the m249 when source="isEmpty" selection="missile".

I hope its make sense.

I have the CLU unit as the actual weapon. And that model of the CLU has the tube attached, but it's hidden in-game if no magazine (tube) is loaded onto the CLU.

It's intended to work exactly like a rifle model that always have a magazine attached, but hidden in-game if no magazine is loaded into the rifle.

My magazine is a model of a "CLU + Tube + Missile" that the weapon switches to when the CLU is loaded with a magazine. It results in me having just a CLU in-game, and loading it will look like it adds a tube with a missile in it.

The problem is as follows. After I fire the missile it's supposed to go back to the model of a CLU that had the tube attached (but hidden if no magazine is loaded onto the CLU). But it does not. My CLU never has time to understand that it's loaded with an empty magazine because the game delets my launcher magazine completely from the inventory, leaving me with just a CLU (that hides its attached tube) in my hands once more.

Tricky to to explain the process, but I did my best :D

---------- Post added at 21:56 ---------- Previous post was at 21:37 ----------

Some progress!

I think it was the "type" of magazine I changed something with. Also made the magazine tube contain 2 missiles (lol), and it did not get deleted from my invetory after firing. I'll update the first post with my configs when I'm through testing these values.

---------- Post added today?? ---------- Previous post was at earlier today??????? ----------

My discoveries are leaning towards launcher magazines containing only 1 missile will be deleted after completion. A magazine containing 2 missiles behaves like any other rifle magazine etc. and will stay empty in the inventory. It is a problem.

Edited by AlexVestin

Hope you find something useful information for this progress. still stuck in magazine problem? :(

i think is the best to handle not the whole lta (you called it tube) as missle for the Javelin use simply the missle

and dont forget this is a assembled weapon maybe you handle it as one

maybe try this:

1 clu model (binocular)

2 lta model (launcher/without ammo to avoid using)

3 empty lta model (launcher/without ammo to avoid using)

4 fgm 148 model

player gets lta and a clu

he assemble the fgm with a useraction (animation possible)

the game removes the clu + lta models and gives the fgm 148 with 1 ammo

depending on the ammo he gets if he disassemble a full or a empty lta

and this can be taken even further if you use unique models (like acre and Arrowhead Radio)

then you can apply variables to each model

i.E the activation of the lta to track the battery cooling unit livetime

or the activation of the night mode

i hope this is to understand

MFG

SaltatorMortis

I hope this mod is still being worked on, it would be a huge loss to the ArmA community if it died :(

I hope this mod is still being worked on, it would be a huge loss to the ArmA community if it died :(

Probably is gonna be part of RHS US Forces

Guys, check out Trixie's launcher pack. He has the Javelin in there. Haven't had a chance to play with it, but it is there.

I'm sure if it's not on the next update of AV-Indus it will be on RHS, they've done some collaboration, and Alex is pretty organized with his works

at some point, presumably yes ^^