Sign in to follow this  
Cyper

Armed Civilians Factions

Well, I've been waiting for an ''armed civilian mod'' which I need in order to create a campaign. But I don't think anything is going to happen very soon and I want to start to work with my campaign. I have been trying a few scripts such as ''this setFriend [blufor, 0]; blufor setFriend [civilian, 0];'', grouping civilian units to Independent and so on. But all of this has its own problems and limitations. I don't want any problems because my campaign will be based on hostile civilian units. So I want armed civilians as its own faction - with or without weapons. Weapons can be added by a script anyway. It is enough if I can make civilians as a part of Independent.

Question is, how difficult is it to do this?

Any suggestion?

To start with I have absolutely no experience at all in modding if that's required.

Well, its not that hard to do as a Addon.

But you need to consider, that your campaign would require your Addon to play.

So a script solution like, fake armored civilians by adding civilian clothing to AAF or something would be better.

Well, its not that hard to do as a Addon.

But you need to consider, that your campaign would require your Addon to play.

So a script solution like, fake armored civilians by adding civilian clothing to AAF or something would be better.

This is what I wanted to bring. Why aren't you taking the OPFOR units and dress them as civilian?

There should be a script that makes it possible to set unit side to either Blufor, Opfor, independent or civilian.

For example:

this ''this setSide [blufor];''

or

Civilian1 ''setSide [blufor];''

You could try to do it manually by changing the side of the desired units directly in your mission.sqm.

I have done this.

Set in the editor

1. Group your civilians with an officer of higher rank than the civilians.

2. you can do this or just strip down the officer to civilian clothes, (put: deleteVehicle this in the officer’s initialization field (this will cause the officer not to appear)

3. an alternative is to set the probability of presence slider of the officer to Zero and change his clothes.

4. When you start the mission, the officer won't be there as he is deleted, but the civvies think they are East, will take over command and follow all waypoints, and fire on anyone on the opposite side

5. In your Init.sqf add: EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0]; CIVILIAN setfriend [EAST, 0];

I found this on another thread. I usually google what I can initially. chances are someone else has asked/done it already. I love the ARMA community.

this works for me.

Edited by JAndrews1

or you can use removeuniform / adduniform and put civilian clothes on your blufor units

I have done this.

Set in the editor

1. Group your civilians with an officer of higher rank than the civilians.

2. you can do this or just strip down the officer to civilian clothes, (put: deleteVehicle this in the officer’s initialization field (this will cause the officer not to appear)

3. an alternative is to set the probability of presence slider of the officer to Zero and change his clothes.

4. When you start the mission, the officer won't be there as he is deleted, but the civvies think they are East, will take over command and follow all waypoints, and fire on anyone on the opposite side

5. In your Init.sqf add: EAST setFriend [CIVILIAN, 0]; CIVILIAN setfriend [EAST, 0];

I found this on another thread. I usually google what I can initially. chances are someone else has asked/done it already. I love the ARMA community.

this works for me.

I have already tried it. Lot's of fiddle with it since it's going to be used for a whole campaign. I'm not sure the AI works the way it should that way either.

or you can use removeuniform / adduniform and put civilian clothes on your blufor units

Unfortuntely, one side is going to be africans. They can't be Blufor units