Sign in to follow this  
Harry Canyon

The island is boring.

Of all the things that could let down Arma3 the map isn't one of them it is awesome

Of all the things that could let down Arma3 the map isn't one of them it is awesome

My thoughts exactly

If we are talking about gameplay. then we must be talking about a structured game

No. Derp.

Not to mention, ArmA 3 actually ships with missions, whether or not you happened to notice. Structure. Gameplay. Sandbox.

Ok, I understand your point. You think that the island is boring and that the game as it is its not fun for you. Its your own opinion, that I don't share but I respect it.

Then you want BI to change all the game according to your wishes and make it more like Battlefield ( which is almost an opposite game to Arma ). Uhm, so the devs have to change the direction of the series, deceiving all the players who have been playing since OFP just because of you. You, you and more you... Interesting...

What about making your own maps, so you'll be able to have that kind of gameplay you are looking for, or better make your own game and publish it.

Have you even checked out some of the larger cities on Altis? Myrina is pretty good. While I agree I'd like to see more content of all different kinds...it's just not what we have right now and not what the team is capable of handling right now.

Instead of flooding the forum with threads all relating to the same thing or complaining about having to wait for the game you payed for because it hasn't gone in the direction you wanted it to go...How about learning to map and mod so you can build us some epic maps!? ...We'll be here waiting...

Well I would be working on my terrains but oh yes the tools are held back for another 2 months and the mlods for a2 still are not released so all our a2 maps will take as long as bis wants before we can continue porting our hard work to A3.

Lol, no, I have good and bad to say about both games. You guys seem to have the hardened opinion. As for the community, you mean the 10 people who actually post a lot on this forum? I keep hearing this "we", "the community", where are they?

---------- Post added at 05:52 ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 ----------

Yeah, hopefully they'll make some good ones. I just wish the devs would quit waiting for the community do it, and do some themselves. They are the ones that have the resources, the time, and the money. And their the one's we paid for a AAA game. Their are BF 3/4 players who have praised this game. But they like the maps in BF better. A shame, because this game has better graphics, realism, and weapon / character handling.

don't bother with them..even a dev said directly to me that i should play elsewhere...i came back today after a few months to see if something changed, guess what? same old story

don't bother with them..even a dev said directly to me that i should play elsewhere...i came back today after a few months to see if something changed, guess what? same old story

Arma maps are generally based on real terrain with a focus on more long range combat. If this is not what you are looking for:

A. Mod it to your liking.

B. Go play a game that is to your liking.

Should have researched the game before buying...

The island is boring.

Everyone has their own preference of maps they like to play on, but surely with the Arma games one really needs to have an

imagination when buying this game if you plan on using and playing with the editor.

It should say before you buy, with the editor listing "imagination required" because thats all the editor gives you is just the

maps and functions, its up to you to put something together and make use of your imagination to create something.

It should say before you buy, with the editor listing "imagination required" because thats all the editor gives you is just the

maps and functions, its up to you to put something together and make use of your imagination to create something.

I thought that announcing it as a sandbox had that implicit.

But seen this kind of threads, I agree, the text on the box should be more explicit.

Nah, nothings changed. They just don't get it. This "game" should explicitly say on the virtual cover that this "game" is only for people who are modders. You must make your own stuff, because the company is only supplying a large desert and some ancient mod tools. This is not Crysis, this is not battlefield, this is not any kind of real FPS. There is no "game" here. This is only a modders sandbox. 99.9% of fps players will not like it. Do not buy it. A real shame. If BIS gave us some actual, interesting maps to play in, it would be fun. Like a highly realistic Battlefield, with better graphics.

---------- Post added at 17:44 ---------- Previous post was at 17:42 ----------

Arma map are generally based on real terrain with a focus on more long range combat

Fixed it for ya.

---------- Post added at 17:46 ---------- Previous post was at 17:44 ----------

Everyone has their own preference of maps they like to play on, but surely with the Arma games one really needs to have an

imagination when buying this game if you plan on using and playing with the editor.

Yeah, its like a box of lego's. While I do have some knowledge and tools for modding, I don't have time for that anymore. I'm looking for a completed game, like Battlefield. As a lot of people have said, Arma is only half done in that sense. And they don't state that (cause it would kill their sales ).

Edited by Harry Canyon

These kids of 'demands' topic should be deleted right away!

Especially if it's clear the TS has no clue what so ever about the OFP/Arma series, and what the idea behind it is.

These kids of 'demands' topic should be deleted right away!

Especially if it's clear the TS has no clue what so ever about the OFP/Arma series, and what the idea behind it is.

And these kind of screaming tantrums from the fanboys is why people dislike this forum. And of course, I can see the fanboys already rushing in to derail the thread. Thanks to those who actually debated. I agree with you Goty's, nothing looks like its going to change around here.

Back to the Outera forums, where there are good people who actually debate, and actual "players" are welcome. Not to mention they are the next-gen engine that's going to replace "everything".

Edited by Harry Canyon

I think there is an untapped market of people wanting more of a CQB sandbox rather than larger and larger maps. I know I would love a smaller, more detailed city with furnishings, AI that do more interesting indoor maneuvering and rooftop sniping etc... but still have an editor to create my own missions.

Edit: Speaking of Crysis, I know they had a highly touted editor yet I've never heard of any missions or campaigns built -do they have a thriving mission building community?

Edited by froggyluv

And these kind of screaming tantrums from the fanboys is why people dislike this forum. And of course, I can see the fanboys already rushing in to derail the thread. Thanks to those who actually debated. I agree with you Goty's, nothing looks like its going to change around here.

Back to the Outera forums, where there are good people who actually debate, and actual "players" are welcome. Not to mention they are the next-gen engine that's going to replace "everything".

Why don't you go play Outerra? You obviously like it a lot more than Arma. Though being rude and everyone who disagrees is a fanboy is not debating.

And these kind of screaming tantrums from the fanboys is why people dislike this forum.

I'm not screaming, just telling you that you simply do not have a single clue. Instead you are again trying to get an argument started...

---

Tried to respond to this and wrote 4 different posts, instead I've said F it... be wise and Ill not reply...

(I've got to get used to 'this' again...)

Yeah, its like a box of lego's. While I do have some knowledge and tools for modding, I don't have time for that anymore. I'm looking for a completed game, like Battlefield. As a lot of people have said, Arma is only half done in that sense. And they don't state that (cause it would kill their sales ).

Arma series have always been announced as a sandbox ( I've been playing the series for more than ten years ), their main feature is the editor that allow everyone to do all kinds of missions for all tastes, providing the campaign and showcases/missions as inspiration. If you read all the report-in and sitreps from the devs you can confirm that.

It does not have the goal to be a Battlefield, which has been a series always focused on delivering a finished and guided arcade MP which lately has been forbidden the use of mods. All to be said, BF excels on that parameters, and I have most of their games.

I would understand that kind of critic from someone that has never played any Arma and didn't know what to expect. But as you said before, you are a A2 veteran, so you should have known better before buying this game.

I'd prefer that everyone enjoy the game, but that is impossible, as each one of us has different taste. So I can only suggest you to play another game that will make you feel better, or find time to mod this one. After all why would you spend your time being frustrated and annoyed because of a game you don't like how it is?

I thought that announcing it as a sandbox had that implicit.

But seen this kind of threads, I agree, the text on the box should be more explicit.

100% agree

And thats the problem with A3. It simulates the REAL world. :p

I live in Texas. I can look out my window and see a desert and a tin shack. Neither of them interesting.

I like the graphics of A3 better than BF3 or 4, but BF3/4 have a lot better game, imagination, interesting maps, CQB, etc. A3 is, get out into that desert and go hold that tree. This is fun?

---------- Post added at 01:51 ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 ----------

It feels smaller because its an empty desert. Chernarus at least had some variety, though it too felt a little empty. Altis / Stratis is an absolute empty wasteland.

Simulating reality is not the games problem, it's yours. You don't want realism, go play one f the many games that aren't realistic.

This is not Crysis, this is not battlefield, this is not any kind of real FPS. There is no "game" here.

It's funny that you realise this yet still don't get it. Arma is not a triple-A title, neither is it aimed at a similar audience as FPS games. Now, whether Arma is a simulator or not is a subject of heated discussion these days so I'm not going to state that, but the inner workings and structure of the game are pretty similar. It's a niche title aimed at people who are specifically interested in this sort of stuff instead of trying to attract the largest audience possible (kids) with pre-chewed content.

BIS would never have the resources to produce enough content so that there would be something for "everybody" in the Arma community itself. This is why usermade content is so awesome - you can play the game the way you want, and you don't even need to create things yourself as there are numerous talented modders and mission makers who thankfully release their works to the public.

As it turns out, Harry Canyon is yet another clone of a recently banned troll. Move along, nothing to see here.

:padlock: