Sign in to follow this  
arokfridr

Belgian Army [Armaverse anno 2035]

Hello everyone!

I’ve recently started working on some new units for Arma 3. I have opted to recreate the Belgian military (partially) within this game AND universe. In other words these units will fit into the fictional Arma-verse anno 2035 while still being grounded in reality.

Choosing to do it within the Arma-verse has given me some more artistic liberties. Which is why I have created a new camouflage for the Belgian troops. The camouflage is a bit of a mixture. The pattern is the current jigsaw but using colours inspired by the older ‘Belgian brushstroke’ camouflage. The different areas of the camouflage have subtle gradients from light to dark and have been spattered to give a pixilated look. The pixelated look gives it a very plausible modern look and the ‘new’ colours make it useful in a large number of different terrains. This makes this camouflage within the Arma-verse the Belgian militaries multiterrain camouflage.

8yNJRqHs.jpg

As a base model I have chosen the FAA soldier models to work with. Unfortunately I have no modeling skills so am bound to only being able to retexture what is currently available within the game.

This addon will feature

• ‘Regular’ infantry
  • Para-Commando infantry
  • Special Forces Group

Below you can find some screenshots of the current progress:

[table=width: 500, align: center]

[tr]

[td]QY2NQl2s.jpg[/td]

[td]Z0TrEbHs.jpg[/td]

[td]WG57bNcs.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]JLoUrl8s.jpg[/td]

[td]PwRJjpMs.jpg[/td]

[td]EeAUZyts.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]PHJaLL8s.jpg[/td]

[td]Et9ny5ns.jpg[/td]

[td]6Ri6PCQs.jpg[/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

*Note: The bodyarmor vest is far from finished atm of the screenshots it’s simply a texture overlay of the camo.

Made using Saul’s texture templates.

PS: At first I was planning to use the F2000 (mk20) for all the troops in different configurations. However recently the government approved the purchase of a new multifunctional rifle.

The Divers of the Engineer battalions and SFG divers had recently already purchased the 7.62 SCAR rifle. On certain Belgian military forums it has been revealed that there will be a total order of 22.000 FN SCAR rifles in 5.56 and 7.62 configurations (including the SSR model).

Unfortunately there is no SCAR in the game so if there is anyone out there who can help me with this or is already planning on doing a SCAR weapon pack please let me know.

Looks good already. Especially since you acutally considered that Pockets and seams break the camo pattern. If you try and generate a Displacement Map from a Black and white version of the normal map you might be able to add even further detail to it.

You should also reconsider giving the Platecarrier any camo. Since all Pockets share only one respective UV it looks odd having the exact same camo part on each of the Magazin pouches. Other then that, thank you for paying attention to detail and not just derp blobing camo onto something calling it a re-skin ^^

Look very nice ! I come from belgium and I'm very happy to see this ;)

Looks good already. Especially since you acutally considered that Pockets and seams break the camo pattern. If you try and generate a Displacement Map from a Black and white version of the normal map you might be able to add even further detail to it.

You should also reconsider giving the Platecarrier any camo. Since all Pockets share only one respective UV it looks odd having the exact same camo part on each of the Magazin pouches. Other then that, thank you for paying attention to detail and not just derp blobing camo onto something calling it a re-skin ^^

Thats unfortunate. I had not noticed yet that each magazine pouche looked like a clone. I had just slapped over the camo to get a 'looksy-feelsy' of the look. That's indeed a very good reason for reconsideration.

I am glad that you noticed I broke up the camo in the appropriate spots. I'm very nitpicky about those things (and also about the seams and stitches etc...)

Thats unfortunate. I had not noticed yet that each magazine pouche looked like a clone. I had just slapped over the camo to get a 'looksy-feelsy' of the look. That's indeed a very good reason for reconsideration.

I am glad that you noticed I broke up the camo in the appropriate spots. I'm very nitpicky about those things (and also about the seams and stitches etc...)

Since there is less then a hand full of people actually considering the fact Clothing isnt molded from fabric but stitched together i am more then happy to acknowledge ones attention to detail. The Issue with the Vests is unfortunate but is most likely due to the fact that there wasnt enough space left on the UV rectangle to place several pouches. Sadly you do not have the 3d modeling skills yet to change anything about it, it is good to reconsider a camo variant of the platecarrier.