Sign in to follow this  
Hud Dorph

Multiplayer not in playable state

Anyone getting anything like memory leaks, mostly with respawning, like after 5+ respawns your game just really starts to lag,

and to fix it you disconnect and reconnect and it fixes it?

You can be lagging but no one else will til they hit that 5+ mark like you.

We use respawn in a fair few of our missions and dont suffer from any obvious signs, maybe it is just down to a specific mission and therefore down to bad coding ?

Well My buddy and I have our own gameserver, and I have on it CBA3, Zeus, and a weapons pack.

We are connecting to the server with A3WarMod, which has TMR, TPW, and a bunch of other things, and we are playing with SOS (speed of sound) for client.

atm we have solved our issue, the server is running vanilla, and we are connecting with our mods and such, so changing the command line

to run vanilla has solved our issue.

When i get home in the am as i have to leave in a min here, is I need to test zeus, and the weapons pack separately.

Mission itself is fine, we joined the server with no mods, and the server on vanilla, and same mission we always play and had no issues,

then we joined the server adding a mod at a time and again no lag or issues, before it was usually after 4 spawns you would notice the lag,

just a hint of it, by 5-6 spawns you would be lagging, to fix it you would disconnect but still on the server and then just get back ingame, it was after every 5+ respawns you had to do this, it just became unplayable.

But now we found that we are not lagging at all, we are averaging 45-50 on the server, with everything maxed for my buddy and me

i have some things turned down but the performance is fine, need to test zeus and weapons yet.

We have our server with fragnet btw.

rev 113205

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Performance_Profiling - was enabled for dev branch. DS writes results to RPT.

please note only first 2 commands available for Arma 3 ...

also the profiling shall be available for both client and server ...

+

<<< diag_captureSlowFrame ... this is command for catching spikes

<<< diag_captureFrame ... this is classical profiling command, you capture frame, then look what's eating most, take deep though and optimize

Edited by Dwarden

Is a team working on the multiplayer optimisations? Can we get a confirmation on that? If this isn't improved the multiplayer is probably dead within 4 months. It's already very thin, sadly. On a server with 60 players or more, cars are more or less flying back and forth in the air and client fps below 20 on 2013 gaming rigs. No wonder why there aren't more popular multiplayer servers in Arma 3. To be honest it doesn't appear to be any focus on improving this, reading on the forum. As one said in another thread - "First they have to admit there is a problem". That's basically where we are..

Is there a plan on trying to take advantage of DayZ SA network optimisations (if this is proved to be succesful) and have them implemented in to Arma 3 and future Arma games?

Very disappointed by Bohemia.

Is a team working on the multiplayer optimisations? Can we get a confirmation on that? If this isn't improved the multiplayer is probably dead within 4 months. It's already very thin, sadly. On a server with 60 players or more, cars are more or less flying back and forth in the air and client fps below 20 on 2013 gaming rigs. No wonder why there aren't more popular multiplayer servers in Arma 3. To be honest it doesn't appear to be any focus on improving this, reading on the forum. As one said in another thread - "First they have to admit there is a problem". That's basically where we are..

Is there a plan on trying to take advantage of DayZ SA network optimisations (if this is proved to be succesful) and have them implemented in to Arma 3 and future Arma games?

Doesn't appear to be any focus...? And right above your post is devs discussing the issue?

yes MP improvements are worked on ... no it can't be done overnight

yes MP improvements are worked on ... no it can't be done overnight

Can we get that performance blog now?

Glad to see this getting some attention since MP performance is what stopping me from enjoying A3 at the moment. Been on stable build for some time but switched back to Dev today and wonder if anyone managed to collect any usefull stats with the Profiler? Also are there any Dev servers up running with diag_captureSlowFrame available in trigger/menu? The official CZ servers seems to run stable (1.06.112613) at the moment...

Also kudos to Terox for making a benchmark mission. Unfortunately I don't have the means to run a DS...

/KC

report:

in progress

- Dead bodies optimization

- server: multi-threaded error computation

---------- Post added at 10:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

No. Those are heavily adjusted to DayZ gameplay.

Natural we watch what is done in DyaZ and if anything can be used in A3, it is merged.

I'm not programming, mission making modding or server hosting expert, unlike some of us, who claim multiplayer is not playble, but from my experience, multiplayer is pretty much on playble state, it all depends on the server, mission optimization and mods used.

Here are few of my videos (in russian), of us from www.a3rc.com community, playing ~70 players pvp matches on our own a3rc servers, i had 30-40 fps while recording fullhd max quality with bandicam, thats why i had such fps.

Also we do use awesome radio mod by NKey[TF] taskforce radio, which also can affect multiplayer performance, but as you see, everything seems fluently, almost never heard a player complain about low fps or lags on our server.

Lately we were playing 90 pvp matches, i'll try to up some recordings of it, also was eveything allright when we played.

Edited by NeuroFunker

Yes, it is playable, but the dependency on mission is too great and this really limits what we can do with the game. Things like dead body optimizations and similar issues (basically, anything that accumulates over time in a long mission) is something that can go a long way.

If you're looking at dead body optimization, please consider related issues such as dropped weapons/equipment optimizations as well as anything else that might accumulate during a mission and destroy performance on either clients or servers (usually both).

playing ~70 players pvp matches on our own a3rc servers, i had 30-40 fps while recording fullhd max quality with bandicam, thats why i had such fps.

Client FPS != server FPS.

Client FPS != server FPS.

Please record the fps too.

EDIT: Opps, wrong quoted. Meant for NeuroFunker.

I think most of us know that PvP are doing a lot better than coop play - so id like quote myself from first post.

I know that the thread title should have been more precise on this too.

quote:

This discussion are for Coop mp with +20 players.

ok testing new experimental dedicated server code (better MT on error calculations)

81.0.236.125:2302

81.0.236.125:2402

fill them

Dorph;2574258']I think most of us know that PvP are doing a lot better than coop play - so id like quote myself from first post.

I know that the thread title should have been more precise on this too.

quote:

This discussion are for Coop mp with +20 players.

Its better but not ideal! Arma 2 got to a point where pvp was almost as good as the player on empty map on the editor. I remember playing arma 2 pr with a 100 players on a pc 3 generations older than the one i have now and getting solid 60fps vsync on. Arma 3 pvp i only get 30-45 with 40 players, where in SP i get solid 60 fps vsync on.

new performance 1.08 server binary is already used on our stress test servers and by quite some admins ...

so if you have blazing FPS on those servers you can blame me later

new performance 1.08 server binary is already used on our stress test servers and by quite some admins ...

so if you have blazing FPS on those servers you can blame me later

Roger that

---------- Post added at 18:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:53 ----------

Question. So could I run a Headless client on the new dedicated server and the old at the same time on the same server?